Manny Pacquiao destroys Ricky Hatton

TFoA

5512cce5d16806858f50a796f13cb3b5-getty-boxing-phi-gbr-pacquiao-hatton.jpg

Keep in mind, Ricky Hatton was the world junior welterweight champion and took Floyd Mayweather 10 rounds before he lost by TKO. Manny Pacquiao ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATED this guy, and this is his 4th straight fight in a DIFFERENT weight class. This guy is by far the best boxer in the world. I can not wait for Mayweather-Pacquiao.

It is at this point, Mr. Hatton began to think "Maybe i sould look into business school. Perhaps open up a nice pub. Composing music may not be so bad."....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Gotta love seeing a Filipino bring the heat like that!

pacquiaolooksoverlaidouthatton.jpg

Seeing that pic reminds me of that scene in Friday where Deebo is out cold...

"You got knocked the :censored: out!"

It's really amazing how popular Manny is. Coming into work Sunday morning, I had 3 different Fillipino girls ask me if I watched the fight. When the fight was going on I was talking to my best friend (who's Fillipino, and hates all sports) and he was giving me round by round updates(not that it went many rounds) I'm told that there is a rumour that he may run for President when he retires.

1zqy8ok.gif

Do ya'll think Pacquiao is the "King of the Ring"? because apparently Floyd Mayweather Jr. doesnt think so and is still not impressed. Mayweather still think he is King, even with him being retired, because no one knock him off "his" throne.

It's really amazing how popular Manny is. Coming into work Sunday morning, I had 3 different Fillipino girls ask me if I watched the fight. When the fight was going on I was talking to my best friend (who's Fillipino, and hates all sports) and he was giving me round by round updates(not that it went many rounds) I'm told that there is a rumour that he may run for President when he retires.

...and I'd bet he'd win in a landslide. When the only person people know of as a Filipino is Imelda Marcos, it's a wonderful thing to have a guy like Manny to rally around. Manny transcends sport in the Philippines and is a national hero, he is very much what Wayne Gretzky was to Canada, Michael Jordan to the U.S. and Pele to Brazil. An international name that inspires pride in where you or your ancestors are from. Filipinos have a guy that they can look up to and be proud of on an international scale. That's awesome.

I was totally going to post that...:P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The pic or the quote?

And fiasco! , I am the son of Filipino immigrants, so yes, I can definitely relate with the ethnic pride you speak of above.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

5512cce5d16806858f50a796f13cb3b5-getty-boxing-phi-gbr-pacquiao-hatton.jpg

Keep in mind, Ricky Hatton was the world junior welterweight champion and took Floyd Mayweather 10 rounds before he lost by TKO. Manny Pacquiao ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATED this guy, and this is his 4th straight fight in a DIFFERENT weight class. This guy is by far the best boxer in the world. I can not wait for Mayweather-Pacquiao.

I have a feeling Pac-Man beats Mayweather. Had Mayweather not "retired" I'd say otherwise. We shall see. That fight will have double or triple the hype of this one though.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The pic or the quote?

And fiasco! , I am the son of Filipino immigrants, so yes, I can definitely relate with the ethnic pride you speak of above.

Quote.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Do ya'll think Pacquiao is the "King of the Ring"? because apparently Floyd Mayweather Jr. doesnt think so and is still not impressed. Mayweather still think he is King, even with him being retired, because no one knock him off "his" throne.

Well Mayweather's not retired anymore because he's fighting in July...and honestly, big talk may help him out, because Pacquiao would beat the hell out of Mayweather, IMO. If Mayweather fights Pacman, he's not gonna be undefeated again.

...and I'd bet he'd win in a landslide. When the only person people know of as a Filipino is Imelda Marcos, it's a wonderful thing to have a guy like Manny to rally around. Manny transcends sport in the Philippines and is a national hero, he is very much what Wayne Gretzky was to Canada, Michael Jordan to the U.S. and Pele to Brazil. An international name that inspires pride in where you or your ancestors are from. Filipinos have a guy that they can look up to and be proud of on an international scale. That's awesome.

My Filipino always boss says that while the analogies you gave are as close as exists here in North America, Manny transcends those and is something even greater in the Philippines.

I also thought he said that Manny already tried running for high office once and lost only because he shot way to high for his first attempt, but perhaps I misunderstood that part.

A Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight will be the first one I've ever made sure I watched (whether it be by purchasing or by going to a bar). I'll probably root Mayweather, but Pacquiao's story, legend, whatever you will, amazes me.

I'm sure those were big shoes to fill in order to get as much recognition.

I saw, I came, I left.

If you have not seen the fight, there are still sites which HBO has yet to put a stop to, so if you don't want to wait until Saturday, you still have time.

There is a third boxer out there who may still have something to say and that is Shane Mosley. Is he "too old" yes, but still is a fast as most 147 fighters and is slick. Plus, he destroyed Margatito and hung in with Cotto. I am not sure on how many more fights that Manny wants to have, but his clock is ticking because (trainer) Freddie Roach is debilitating.

As for PBF, Marquez is no Kevin Howard (he was Ray Leonard's first opponent post retirement #1), so he has to really train. His supple hand should be a bigger factor than his quickness advantage and the fact that he is very much like Roy Jones, Jr. and really don't like to get hit. Floyd has been in with bigger punchers, but he is generally the faster guy. I have been to three Floyd fights: Corrales (where I thought he'd get KO'd), Hernandez, and Mitchell). His hands are incredibly fast, but does not goo all out with every combination.

Lastly, for those who are not boxing fans , try to just watch fights with guys under 160 as they are more entertaining and you get KOs.

Archived