Manny Pacquiao destroys Ricky Hatton

TFoA

This wasn't really a surprise to me. Pacquiao is and has been pretty much the best pound-for-pound boxer in the last couple of years. He isn't afraid of anyone and doesn't stay in a safe zone with his fights. He is always competing and facing tougher opponents...unlike a certain Mayweather.

With that said, Hatton is also a great fighter with a big heart and I have always enjoyed watching him fight. Sad to see someone lose the fight but I knew Manny would light him up- his speed is unmatched.

5512cce5d16806858f50a796f13cb3b5-getty-boxing-phi-gbr-pacquiao-hatton.jpg

Keep in mind, Ricky Hatton was the world junior welterweight champion and took Floyd Mayweather 10 rounds before he lost by TKO. Manny Pacquiao ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATED this guy, and this is his 4th straight fight in a DIFFERENT weight class. This guy is by far the best boxer in the world. I can not wait for Mayweather-Pacquiao.

To be fair, Mayweather's style isn't going to allow him to sit there and pound on a guy and knock him out real quick. If you'll remember, Mayweather completely dominated his fight with De La Hoya -- throwing half as many punches, landing twice as many -- it still went the distance. It's just the way he fights.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived