Toronto Raptors

Dave Ship

For this uniform concept I got my inspiration from a previous practice kit.

The latest color scheme seems to suit very well for this young franchise, so I sticked with them.

I did two new wordmarks, both for home and away kit. A black alternate one has been added: it comes with the old secondary logo on the back and a new logo on the shorts which has been inspired by the CN Tower.

raptors3.jpg

I like how you managed to keep the chevrons on the jersey, moving them up to the collar. While the team is young it would be nice for them to keep design elements through any change as a way to create a uniform history

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

It's a tremendous update over what they are currently wearing. To improve it, the CN Tower does not need to appear 3 times on the alternate. The red tower on the front gives it a nice unique touch, but only if it's use is limited. The black shorts should have something else on each side. Perhaps the TR/Leaf logo.

I don't know about the CN tower on the black jersey. Its great on the shorts, but on the jersey its a bit much. The template looks great. The other thing I have a problem with is that (and this goes for the jerseies they have now too) the "raptor" seems to be being fazed out. These days their mascot could easily be the whole country of Canada. I suppose its due to the fact that its the only canadian team now. IDK thats just my opinion.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I like it, but I dont like it...

Im not a fan of the shoulders being the same colour as the side stripes. For the white jersey make the shoulders white, for the red make the shoulders red and for the black make the shoulders black.

Get rid of the maple leaf on the Toronto wordmark, it looks out of place.

I suggest putting the chevrons back on the site of the jersey, it looks weird under the neck.

I love the shorts for the home and away but the CN Tower on the alt. has to go.

Its hit and miss with this, some aspects are great, but some...not so much.

beLEAF

The presentation is very nice, but nothing much after that excites me.

The wordmarks are very clunky, but the idea of them is decent. I would lose the maple leaf in the wordmark as somebody already said. Also, the 'N' in 'Toronto' needs to be fixed. It shouldn't be connected on the bottom, especially when the top is rounded(which doesn't fit in with the rest of the wordmark, not even the 'O's have a round top)

The whole jersey design screams practice jersey, knock-off, or WNBA jersey to me. Specifically the treatment on the shoulders. The shorts are fine, though.

I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but you don't really need drop shadows on the player names or shorts logos. They aren't popping off the jersey THAT much.

The alternate just...not my cup of tea. The building on the shorts might work, I don't know how important or well known it is up there. The building on the jersey does not work at all, though. Those are the kind of design decisions we look back on in a couple years and shake our heads at.

I know I only speak for myself, and everyone else will love it, but I think you need to make a lot of changes.

disagree!! the "tower" deal on the alternate is a little strange...but looks neat nonetheless.

I think the concept could do w/o that...but overall I think this looks amazing!

I know I am a new user, and my concepts have gotten some harsh criticism! but I know origininality and great creative ability when I see it. The wordmark is awesome, the design is a great progressive move from what they have now.

I wish I could make stuff that looks like this!

I like it, but I dont like it...

Im not a fan of the shoulders being the same colour as the side stripes. For the white jersey make the shoulders white, for the red make the shoulders red and for the black make the shoulders black.

Get rid of the maple leaf on the Toronto wordmark, it looks out of place.

I suggest putting the chevrons back on the site of the jersey, it looks weird under the neck.

I love the shorts for the home and away but the CN Tower on the alt. has to go.

Its hit and miss with this, some aspects are great, but some...not so much.

Just goes to show its all a matter of opinions. I kind of see what Linus is getting at with the chevrons, personally I don't see the point of them in the current set, so I would just get rid of them. Other than that, personally I disagree with every point Linus made. I think the maple leaf looks good with the Toronto wordmark, and adds to the Canada motif on this uni set. I think if it were a main uni, the CN Tower might look a bit silly, but on an alternate its great, IMO alternates should always be a bit 'edgy'.

My one slight grumble is the inconsistency with the waistband. same as the side stripes on home and road, same as the main color on the alternates. Other than that good job.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm sorry, so sorry. I'm a complete failure.

If you are referring to my post then you are taking it the wrong way. I was just giving feedback based off my personal preference of the aesthetics of a basketball uniform. In no way is your work horrible, and in no way are you a failure. It is just one man's perspective on what basketball uniforms should look like. I tend to like old school looking basketball uniforms, so this just isn't my cup of tea. I know things change and I need to deal with it, but your design is just too modern for my tastes, especially when I think the Raptors have a top-notch design already. Most of your work is amazing, this just needs some tweaks in my personal opinion. I was just giving you feedback based on what I saw and what I thought. That is the same thing I do for every concept I look at on here. Take it or leave it, its how I would change it if i were my concept. I don't want people being bitter or anything, because it is never my intention to offend anyone on here. Your work is great, this just isn't the direction I would have taken this concept in.

If you aren't referring to my post then...idk, carry on.

• 4 years later...

For this uniform concept I got my inspiration from a previous practice kit.

The latest color scheme seems to suit very well for this young franchise, so I sticked with them.

I did two new wordmarks, both for home and away kit. A black alternate one has been added: it comes with the old secondary logo on the back and a new logo on the shorts which has been inspired by the CN Tower.

raptors3.jpg

I like the idea. And the exucution is good, also. I love the CN Tower on the shorts, along with the shorts matching the sides of the jersey. I like the fonts as it looks good with the jersey. Just one little problem. Above the shorts on the jersey, what exactley is that. Other than that, good job.

2llhtfa.jpg

jigx09.jpg

Thanks to Silent Wind of Doom for these sweet sigs.

Archived