Back In The Game?

Linus

The Roadrunners were around since 2004 and they came to an end in 2009. Wow, 5 years eh? Thats a helluva hockey market.

This was never about Canada vs. USA, if you can read I mentioned putting a team in Seattle, a city with a successful CHL team.

Keep talking about Phoenix being a hockey market...by the time you can prove this maybe they'll have the next Wayne Gretzky so they can fill the seats.

Fool, remember the original IHL? The Roadrunners were in it. and in the WHA. And the WHL.

So much for your credentials.

And all those leagues went belly up. Because they put teams where hockey wasn't that popular. Notice a pattern?

They also put teams where hockey was popular. No way the Toronto Toros should have moved to Birmingham, Alabama, right? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Roadrunners were around since 2004 and they came to an end in 2009. Wow, 5 years eh? Thats a helluva hockey market.

This was never about Canada vs. USA, if you can read I mentioned putting a team in Seattle, a city with a successful CHL team.

Keep talking about Phoenix being a hockey market...by the time you can prove this maybe they'll have the next Wayne Gretzky so they can fill the seats.

Fool, remember the original IHL? The Roadrunners were in it. and in the WHA. And the WHL.

So much for your credentials.

And all those leagues went belly up. Because they put teams where hockey wasn't that popular. Notice a pattern?

You mean like Winnipeg (both IHL and WHA), Quebec City (both IHL and WHA), and Hartford (WHA)?

EDIT-forgot Ottawa for the WHA too. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If God is listening, he should send you into the tribulation and see how you guys can play hockey on frozen blood. It would serve you right for your attitude.
God, why do you reward the wicked?

Aw, yeah...the next big flameout could be this guy. And the whole biblical angle could be a delicious new twist that we haven't seen in previous meltdowns.

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

What a tool. I'm mocking you! You don't dare mess with a Christian.

Let me go get my lion....

That's the best you can get? God is yawning at you for wasting his time.

And your God is yawning at you for invoking him in a Sports uniform themed forum debate about the financial situation of the Phoenix Coyotes.

thecatch.jpg

Minor leagues really make you a big time market.

So Hamilton is out then?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If God is listening, he should send you into the tribulation and see how you guys can play hockey on frozen blood. It would serve you right for your attitude.

Aw, yeah...the next big flameout could be this guy. And the whole biblical angle could be a delicious new twist that we haven't seen in previous meltdowns.

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

I'm glad he's yawning.... maybe he could spend his time trying to eradicate poverty, finds ways for people form all religions to get along, all that good stuff.....

I saw, I came, I left.

The point is there was hockey before the Coyotes. You're rational is flawed.

And, where is Quebec City's minor league team?

You mean the Quebec Ramparts, one of the best (if not the best) attendance records in junior hockey?

thecatch.jpg

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

And your God is yawning at you for invoking him in a Sports uniform themed forum debate about the financial situation of the Phoenix Coyotes.

Man, you went & lied about God on this thread. I hope you're a Christian, becuase the last thing you need to do is make bad comments about God.

You mean like Winnipeg (both IHL and WHA), Quebec City (both IHL and WHA), and Hartford (WHA)?

Im curious as to why you care so much about Phoenix. Im guessing your from St. Louis, a good hockey market and your arguing against Phoenix moving. I dont understand.

beLEAF

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

Man, you went & lied about God on this thread. I hope you're a Christian, becuase the last thing you need to do is make bad comments about God.

I guess if he were a Jew or a Muslim or a Devils fan, he'll be condemned to hell? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

You mean the Quebec Ramparts, one of the best (if not the best) attendance records in junior hockey?

Junior hockey isn't minor league hockey.

Are you that foolish?

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

That's none of your fricking business asshat .Stop making this thread about Jesus. See the title up there? Jesus is not mentioned, so stay on topic or shut up.

thecatch.jpg

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

So you can say God is yawning about something, but somebody else can't?

So Hamilton is out then?

In the modern era, has Hamilton been given a shot to show they can handle an NHL team? Nope. has Phoenix? Yes and they've failed.

So you know, the Bulldogs won the Calder Cup a few years back and when they play a game on a decent night (they usually play Fridays and Sundays which are terrible for attendance) they usually get a solid crowd for an AHL team.

beLEAF

That's none of your :censored:ing business :censored:. Stop making this thread about Jesus. See the title up there? Jesus is not mentioned, so stay on topic or shut up.

If Jim Balsillie were to move the Coyotes to Canada, he might as well be Jesus

I saw, I came, I left.

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

I'm glad he's yawning.... maybe he could spend his time trying to eradicate poverty, finds ways for people form all religions to get along, all that good stuff.....

You're just making things worse for you in eterninty.

Don't mock God. What you sew, you will reap.

Im curious as to why you care so much about Phoenix. Im guessing your from St. Louis, a good hockey market and your arguing against Phoenix moving. I dont understand.

Actually from Central Illinois, but whenever the LOL H0CK3Y D03SNT B3L0NG IN T3H S0UTH!!!111one arguments fly up for rather irrational means I find myself siding with the Southern teams. Because I'm pretty much from the hee haw states according to some.

Today, we are all otaku.

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

It's sow, Mr. bible expert.

Junior hockey isn't minor league hockey.

Are you that foolish?

In Canada, most small markets have junior hockey teams. So for Canadian markets, junior hockey is the only game in town. I'd say attendance for both is about the same.

thecatch.jpg

So you can say God is yawning about something, but somebody else can't?

Yes, because he's activily making sure I'm not tempted beyond my means. You just copied my idea. That's just wrong.

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

Well, the blanket I shall reap!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived