Back In The Game?

Linus

You're just making things worse for you in eterninty.

Don't mock God. What you sew, you will reap.

sewingmachine.jpg

You can't spell, you can't think, and you can't go a post without invoking the name of the Lord in a fashion that would make the most shallow of televangelists cringe. For the benefit of those who are both Christian and fans of the sport of hockey in Phoenix - and I happen to fall into both camps on this one - please stop.

I find your rational disturbing. If you're a Christian you're supposed to judge evil, yet you're telling me to stop?

I'm not holier than though; just forgiven.

"Holier than though"?!

"Sew what you reap"?!

LMFAO.

Furthermore (not that I abide by texts written thousands of years ago by mortal men of inferior knowledge), what about the common adage that says to "judge not, lest ye be judged yourself"?

Read 1st Coritinains 6:2 & 3, and tell me not to judge.

Besides, Christians are going to be both kings & priests, and I think being Kings requrie a lot of judgement.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Jim Balsillie where to buy the team and move the franchise to Canada, I think he should look into a market where he would not have to been in this situation 5 years down the road. He if he moves to Southern Ontario area, it would not work out because you already have the Maple Leafs. Not saying it would not work, but if your comparing to a team that brings in money and sells the seats out every night when they haven't made the playoffs over the past 3 years ( i think 4 now ), to a town in Southern Ontario ( maybe Hamilton ) then it just wouldn't work. Who would go to the games where they can go watch the Leafs. Im sure others don't see it that way, but I just don't see it working out if he does this.

Jim Balsillie does buy the team why not keep it in Phoenix, maybe bring in a new gm or whole new staff, but at least try to fix the team around, help the franchise and get them into the playoffs ( which would bring in money ). I'm sure it would not be the best case because the teams finical problem right now, but If that don't work, then look for a new location.

The Leafs have a huge fan base in Southern Ontario. Not everyone can afford or would like to spend $100 for a nose bleed seat at a Leafs game. All the people in the Golden Horseshoe who are avid hockey fans will attend a game in Hamitlon. Not to mention people in Buffalo can easily cross over the border and come watch.

I see your point but I think a team anywhere in Southern Ontario would be fine, even with the Leafs. ACC can only hold 18, 819 and theres millions of hockey fans in Southern Ontario. :)

beLEAF

But why have they incurred a huge amount of debt? Because of the market or the lease? I'm under the impression it's more on the latter than the former.

That said, Versus is claiming the Coyotes just filed for Chapter 11, so....fun for all around.

It could very well be both. Maybe, Phoenix is a decent hockey market, just not an NHL market.

Wow, this thread has been a lot of fun :D

Probably.

Of course, I'd make the same argument about Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Hartford.

Hartford, not so much. The Wolf Pack don't draw well, but the Whalers did.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

God, why do these people get rewarded when they shouldn't?

Wow. Have you heard about that New Testament that just came out about 1,900 years ago? It's got love, forgiveness, all this crazy stuff. God totally mellowed out once he had a kid, and started taking a real hands-off approach to the whole humanity thing. Plus, it's got this book of Revelation at the end, so you can still get in that blood-and-guts fap session you crave when it's all said and done.

Read 1st Coritinains 6:2 & 3, and tell me not to judge.

Two verses out of a book of how many pages? Ever heard the phrase "out of context?"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Seriously Bigmac, you are NOT helping the cause and only hurting it. Phoenix has always had a great market for hockey up until 3 or 4 years ago. It all started with the lockout and has gone down ever since. When they were at America West Arena(Now US Airways Center) the house was rocking and they were sold out most of the time. But with the lease they have signed with the city of Glendale, the Phoenix Coyotes have lost nearly 200 million dollars in the years since moving to Glendale.

Who's fault both sides, Glendale for being greedy and the Coyotes to even accepting such a ludicrous offer. Plus the fact that they have not been to the playoffs since they have been to Glendale. This is an untapped market still and people up north are still chastising the team when this is still a young hockey market that hasn't even hit it's potential.

Again Bigmac does NOT speak for all Coyote fans and anything he says comes out of his mouth and not the true fans not only for Glendale but the Coyotes as well

When did I say I speak for the Coyotes as a whole?

But you are making this into a war when this should be a friendly discussion. You are quoting the bible, putting down good markets and basically insulting people. That is why you should quit while you are ahead

If Jim Balsillie where to buy the team and move the franchise to Canada, I think he should look into a market where he would not have to been in this situation 5 years down the road. He if he moves to Southern Ontario area, it would not work out because you already have the Maple Leafs. Not saying it would not work, but if your comparing to a team that brings in money and sells the seats out every night when they haven't made the playoffs over the past 3 years ( i think 4 now ), to a town in Southern Ontario ( maybe Hamilton ) then it just wouldn't work. Who would go to the games where they can go watch the Leafs. Im sure others don't see it that way, but I just don't see it working out if he does this.

Jim Balsillie does buy the team why not keep it in Phoenix, maybe bring in a new gm or whole new staff, but at least try to fix the team around, help the franchise and get them into the playoffs ( which would bring in money ). I'm sure it would not be the best case because the teams finical problem right now, but If that don't work, then look for a new location.

The Leafs have a huge fan base in Southern Ontario. Not everyone can afford or would like to spend $100 for a nose bleed seat at a Leafs game. All the people in the Golden Horseshoe who are avid hockey fans will attend a game in Hamitlon. Not to mention people in Buffalo can easily cross over the border and come watch.

I see your point but I think a team anywhere in Southern Ontario would be fine, even with the Leafs. ACC can only hold 18, 819 and theres millions of hockey fans in Southern Ontario. :)

Leafs fans are Leafs fans. Not hockey fans. How many junior and minor league teams need to die before this fact registers?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow. Have you heard about that New Testament that just came out about 1,900 years ago? It's got love, forgiveness, all this crazy stuff. God totally mellowed out once he had a kid, and started taking a real hands-off approach to the whole humanity thing. Plus, it's got this book of Revelation at the end, so you can still get in that blood-and-guts fap session you crave when it's all said and done.

God hasn't "mellowed" out. God is the same in the Old & New Testimaments.

BTW, Look at 1st Corithians 6. You'll be surprised.

Is this guy going to get banned for this? I think he should be. Can we talk hockey again now?

thecatch.jpg

Seriously Bigmac, you are NOT helping the cause and only hurting it. Phoenix has always had a great market for hockey up until 3 or 4 years ago. It all started with the lockout and has gone down ever since. When they were at America West Arena(Now US Airways Center) the house was rocking and they were sold out most of the time. But with the lease they have signed with the city of Glendale, the Phoenix Coyotes have lost nearly 200 million dollars in the years since moving to Glendale.

Who's fault both sides, Glendale for being greedy and the Coyotes to even accepting such a ludicrous offer. Plus the fact that they have not been to the playoffs since they have been to Glendale. This is an untapped market still and people up north are still chastising the team when this is still a young hockey market that hasn't even hit it's potential.

Again Bigmac does NOT speak for all Coyote fans and anything he says comes out of his mouth and not the true fans not only for Glendale but the Coyotes as well

But you are making this into a war when this should be a friendly discussion. You are quoting the bible, putting down good markets and basically insulting people. That is why you should quit while you are ahead

As a Christian, I should know I should butt head with people, and I'm not going to back down unless the mods sends this thread 6 feet under.

Besides, God doesn't live by the "If your don't have nothing good to say,..." mentality. Heck, you should hear what John the Baptist said to the religious leaders at his time.

I also feel compelled to point out, after being reminded of this elsewhere, that Balsillie still would have to face approval from Bettman and the BOG, neither of whom quite like him, and in the former's case, after watching Stern have to deal with Cuban and 3 generations of NFL commissioners have to deal with Davis, wants to deal with this particular brand of trouble and headache.

EDIT-I'm not sure the bible thumper merits a ban, but an involuntary cooling off period might be in order.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is this guy going to get banned for this? I think he should be. Can we talk hockey again now?

The mods would be fools if they did such a thing.

I'll be surprised when you can correctly spell Corinthians.

As a Christian, I should know I should butt head with people, and I'm not going to back down unless the mods sends this thread 6 feet under.

Besides, God doesn't live by the "If your don't have nothing good to say,..." mentality. Heck, you should hear what John the Baptist said to the religious leaders at his time.

No offense, this isn't a discussion about "God" or "the bible" or "quotes",

"Hey! You got Jesus in my hockey!"

"You got hockey in my Jesus"

**Crusades ensue**

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

... and I'm sure God is the same in the Torah and the Qur'an .

Yeah, because they will be condemned if they do.

I saw, I came, I left.

Coward.

As one of the few hockey fans in Arizona I really hope this doesn't happen but I have a feeling it will. The Coyotes are losing money left and right here and I just don't see how they can keep it going. Although I really hope I am wrong.

PopHeading-1.gif

... and I'm sure God is the same in the Torah and the Qur'an .

Yeah, because they will be condemned if they do.

It's not the unforgivable sin, but they will be punished for banning me.

Today, we are all otaku.

Coward.

Mocking somebody who claims to have such pull with an all powerful being is far from cowardly.

Archived