Ball hockey equipment question

Neon_Matrix

For the past year and a half I have been involved in playing recreational ball hockey around downtown Toronto. The style we play is 4 men out, 1 in net (two of the players have to be girls and out on the floor at all times) and the goalie cannot wear leg pads. Since I am in net, I recently switched from soccer shin guards and roller blade knee pads to actual hockey shin guards. The problem I have encountered is that the hockey socks I am wearing over them (regular polyester knit) tore after one 40 minute game.

Does anyone know what kind of sock (the 'Edge' style) or nylon pants that would resist tearing while being slide upon across a hardwood gym floor?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Any typical "roller hockey pant" should work fine. Reebok and Mission sell cheap pairs for about $25. They are made of lightweight, breathable material. I would check ebay, I grabbed a pair of $130 Eagle pants for $12 brand new. My school team has been practicing in our basketball court gym and nobody's pants have torn easily from falling. Hope that helps!

rob66.png

Any typical "roller hockey pant" should work fine. Reebok and Mission sell cheap pairs for about $25. They are made of lightweight, breathable material. I would check ebay, I grabbed a pair of $130 Eagle pants for $12 brand new. My school team has been practicing in our basketball court gym and nobody's pants have torn easily from falling. Hope that helps!

I found some pairs of inline pants but they were all XL's, so I guess I should keep looking around. Since I play net, I do A LOT of sliding on the floor, and that is how I tore up the socks (which I thought would be a LITTLE more durable). Hopefully the nylon pants won't tear at all. What does your goalie wear?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My ice hockey team got the RBK edge uniforms this season and let me tell you, those socks are easy to rip!

I used to go through a pair of socks a season (i play D if that makes a difference) and I actually went through 3 pairs of the edge ones. I don't know what I'm doing that makes my socks rip all the time....blocking shots? getting into tussles in front of the net? I donno. Either way, I do not recommend the RBK socks.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I found some pairs of inline pants but they were all XL's, so I guess I should keep looking around. Since I play net, I do A LOT of sliding on the floor, and that is how I tore up the socks (which I thought would be a LITTLE more durable). Hopefully the nylon pants won't tear at all. What does your goalie wear?

Well my goalie wears pads (we play in a league with a puck) and he wears light sweat pants under his pads. Does you league not allow pads? I don't see why they don't allow a cheap set of Mylec pads or cheap Reeboks, that equipment is designed for ball hockey, they're not thick like NHL pads. But if you have to stick to no pads, your best bet is just trying to pick up a pair of roller hockey pants. Hockey "socks" worn for ice hockey are going to tear up regardless if they are made of wool or EDGE material on wood floor.

rob66.png

Well my goalie wears pads (we play in a league with a puck) and he wears light sweat pants under his pads. Does you league not allow pads? I don't see why they don't allow a cheap set of Mylec pads or cheap Reeboks, that equipment is designed for ball hockey, they're not thick like NHL pads. But if you have to stick to no pads, your best bet is just trying to pick up a pair of roller hockey pants. Hockey "socks" worn for ice hockey are going to tear up regardless if they are made of wool or EDGE material on wood floor.

They only allow goalies to wear shin guards at the most, so because of that I need to cover the hard plastic so it does not scratch the gym floor. I'd love to wear real pads, but they want scoring to be up so we can only shin guards. After one game, I tore up my socks so I need to have something more durable. Hopefully I can find some good nylon pants, or more durable socks...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived