LandShark Stadium Logo

marlinfan

marlinslandshark2.jpg

Naming rights deal is reportedly for 8 months and will be paid with the proceeds from three Jimmy Buffet concerts....

....and I'm not kidding either.

For 8 months are you kidding me? and then what its Dolphin Stadium again?

God please

Go back to Joe Robbe Stadium please get a staple name for Christs Sake I am a Dolphin fan and I never know the name of my stadium.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

First off, that is a great logo!

Second off, let me clear up the odd length of the contract and why that is:

Landshark beer is experimenting with this deal to see if it can help the beer company take off. Jimmy Buffet is part of that team apparently.

As far as the contract is concerned, the Dolphins haven't had a sponsor for the stadium ever since Pro Player went out of business. With Stephen Ross buying the Dolphins and now having almost full ownership in the team, he is looking to make some money in a bad economy, and his hope is that maybe the economy will improve a year from now and their will be more naming rights suitors. This is a boon for Landshark because the Super Bowl is in Miami next season!

Did I mention that is a great logo! Citi Field could learn a thing or two!

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

This is as bad as Phoenix's Jobbing.com Arena and University of Phoenix Stadium that the Cardinals play in and we all know the University of Phoenix has one hell of a football team... make that a finger football team. Does anyone find it a little weird that it'll be called LandSHARK Stadium? Would that be like calling where the Red Wings play, Green Leaf Arena or Yankee Stadium changing to Sports Socks Stadium? There's just something a little weird about the name for the Dolphins.

marlinslandshark2.jpg

Naming rights deal is reportedly for 8 months and will be paid with the proceeds from three Jimmy Buffet concerts....

....and I'm not kidding either.

For 8 months are you kidding me? and then what its Dolphin Stadium again?

God please

Go back to Joe Robbe Stadium please get a staple name for Christs Sake I am a Dolphin fan and I never know the name of my stadium.

Sun Sentinel reports they want to have a long term naming rights deal in place before the Super Bowl.

1997 | 2003

That's a great logo, and a terrific marketing play by both sides. But that is some ass-crap beer. I'd still take a Landshark over a Bud, but barely. It's like if Jolly Rancher made a Corona-flavored hard candy. I'm a big Buffet fan, and I appreciate what they were trying to do with Landshark, but I hope this deal doesn't actually encourage anyone to drink the stuff.

20082614447.png

"I'm only a Dolphin, Ma'am."

Does anyone find it a little weird that it'll be called LandSHARK Stadium? Would that be like calling where the Red Wings play, Green Leaf Arena or Yankee Stadium changing to Sports Socks Stadium? There's just something a little weird about the name for the Dolphins.

Not really, since unlike your examples there isn't a team in the same league with the name "Sharks."

Some more details:

Land Shark Will Not Be On Dolphin Stadium For Super Bowl XLIV

By Terry Lefton, Editor-at-Large

The Dolphins and Jimmy Buffett are set to announce the renaming of Dolphin Stadium as Land Shark Stadium tomorrow at 10:30am ET, and a few salient details have emerged about what is already one of the year?s most talked about deals. Most importantly, while the NFL Pro Bowl and Super Bowl are scheduled to be played in the facility, the NFL will not allow the Land Shark name to be used during its jewel events. Therefore, the facility will revert to Dolphin Stadium next January. So in essence, Land Shark Stadium will be an eight-month naming-rights play. However, it is unclear whether Anheuser-Busch, which brews the beer under license with Buffett?s Margaritaville marketing arm, would include Land Shark among the six or more Super Bowl spots it airs as part of its category exclusivity during the game. "[The Dolphins] are still looking for a naming-rights sponsor interested in the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl rights, and possibly a longer term beyond that,? said a senior marketer with knowledge of the deal. Sources cautioned not to view the deal solely as an entitlement, since there are a wide variety of other considerations, including Buffett?s new role as a minority investor in the team, performances at the stadium and a possible Margaritaville Lounge within the facility. Other sources said Buffet has rewritten ?Fins,? one of his signature tunes, to become the new Dolphins theme song. Buffett is scheduled to perform that tomorrow and do an appearance on NFL Network with Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross.

DEAL PART OF LARGER PLAY: Some in the business of selling naming rights have criticized the deal as devaluing naming rights overall, but the source close to the deal said it is part of a larger play. ?This is going to be seen by many as a naming-rights deal, but there is so much more,? the marketer familiar with the deal said. ?When you look at what would be possible to get for naming rights this year, which might have been zero, versus the deal that was fashioned -- this was some of the most creative marketing I have seen, at a time when marketing dollars are almost impossible to come by. As it rolls out, you?ll see that it is less about naming rights and more about changing the game entertainment experience at Dolphins games.?

Somewhere, Chevy Chase's career is rolling in its grave.

"Candygram"

"I'm only a dolphin, ma'am"

ChCh-Land%20Shark.jpg

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Somewhere, Chevy Chase's career is rolling in its grave.

"Candygram"

"I'm only a dolphin, ma'am"

ChCh-Land%20Shark.jpg

It's moments like these that restore my faith in our educational system.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't see what the big deal is, LandShark is a pretty good beer, and this is just a smart marketing move. I mean, am I the only one that things this whole thing is just "cool"? Jimmy Buffett, Beer, and Pro Football...where can that go wrong?

I thought the era of naming-rights stupidity was dead thanks to the economy-in-toilet.

<shakes head>

This right here gives me serious concern as to Stephen Ross's ability to successfully run an NFL franchise. On the basis of this alone, he's an idiot.

i don't like it, but it's just one move. i'm not going to go ahead and say the man is going to fail. he's been the sole head of the team for only a few months

Archived