Padres brown cap with yellow SD

hawk36

Ever since seeing the throwback game earlier this year, I've been looking for the all brown Padre cap with yellow SD. Can't find it anywhere. Cooperstown has a version with orange SD that claims it's from that era but from all I've seen/remember, the Padres were yellow, not orange in the 60s/70s. Any idea why Cooperstown (usually good) is making this mistake?

Ever since seeing the throwback game earlier this year, I've been looking for the all brown Padre cap with yellow SD. Can't find it anywhere. Cooperstown has a version with orange SD that claims it's from that era but from all I've seen/remember, the Padres were yellow, not orange in the 60s/70s. Any idea why Cooperstown (usually good) is making this mistake?

go to www.mickeysplace.com they have what you are looking for.

If it's American Needle I have the same problem with the 50's era Phillies. It's not even close. I emailed them and called mlb.com but no one wants to take ownership of it. A joke.

Bring back the Whale!

You mean Cooperstown Cap Company? Ballcap.com?

They're rubbish, that's why. The historical inaccuracies are matched only by the really awful quality.

Shame, because they're the only ones who make 90% of the caps in their inventory. But they're just not very good.

Gotham is right--I have a couple of these as well and they're not completely accurate either. Plus they fit just like a hat would 50 years ago--not well.

Bring back the Whale!

Hawk, have you tried calling the Padres Shop at Petco Park? I'm sure they would have them. I've also seen them in one place called Sports Fantasy in San Diego, (619) 696-9166.

Archived