NFL baseball jerseys done in local MLB team style

mediocreguy

Interesting. I wish they had put the team logo on the left sleeve however.

And once again - they've got the wrong trim color on the Eagles' numbers. Just like the replica jerseys I see all over the place - they have the numbers as Midnight Green, trimmed in Silver, and then a Black dropshadow. It's supposed to be Charcoal, not Silver. Makes me nuts.

Interesting. I wish they had put the team logo on the left sleeve however.

And once again - they've got the wrong trim color on the Eagles' numbers. Just like the replica jerseys I see all over the place - they have the numbers as Midnight Green, trimmed in Silver, and then a Black dropshadow. It's supposed to be Charcoal, not Silver. Makes me nuts.

Oh but they're only replicas! You have to pay another 120 bucks for the authentic and the sleeve patch! :D

NFLShop

I'm going to assume that they're 'loosely based' so to avoid getting sued by MLB, but here's a few examples:

p5867434reg.jpgp5867490reg.jpgp5867475reg.jpg

Only 9 of them are up as of now. I wonder if we'll see the trend with NHL/NBA too...

1000002664.jpg

p5867385reg.jpg

I actually like how the Packers font stencil cutouts seem to line up with the pinstripes.

Pinstripes? Guess they modeled them after the Brewers' throwbacks rather than their regular sets.

Missed opportunity: The pinstripes don't make much sense, whereas the thick piping of the regular Brewers uniform offered the chance to make a bold green-gold-green accent on the sleeves. The Redskins jersey also gets it wrong, with burgundy-black-burgundy piping to match the Nats red-blue-red, when burgundy-gold-burgundy would have been perfect. (And also would have shown the Nats how good a red-gold-red piping scheme would look.)

Love the Vikings jersey, though. If Denny Green hadn't wrung the last drops of purple pride from me years ago, I'd be buying one right now. Match it with one of the New Era Twins caps in purple with a gold M from a few years back.

20082614447.png

p5867385reg.jpg

I actually like how the Packers font stencil cutouts seem to line up with the pinstripes.

Pinstripes? Guess they modeled them after the Brewers' throwbacks rather than their regular sets.

Missed opportunity: The pinstripes don't make much sense, whereas the thick piping of the regular Brewers uniform offered the chance to make a bold green-gold-green accent on the sleeves. The Redskins jersey also gets it wrong, with burgundy-black-burgundy piping to match the Nats red-blue-red, when burgundy-gold-burgundy would have been perfect. (And also would have shown the Nats how good a red-gold-red piping scheme would look.)

Love the Vikings jersey, though. If Denny Green hadn't wrung the last drops of purple pride from me years ago, I'd be buying one right now. Match it with one of the New Era Twins caps in purple with a gold M from a few years back.

Plus the Chargers is shown with the piping/striping shown OFF the edge of the sleeves/collars, aswear the Padres is right on the edges. And the Redskins is shown with all ON the edge of the collars/sleeves, aswear the Nationals is off the edge of the sleeves, but on the edge of the collar. Guess that's how they differentiate for legal purposes... <_<

Also, with the Packers using the pintripes, there is absolutely no yellow on the jersey. At least if they had gone with the Brewers current look, then there would be.

p5867385reg.jpg

Plus the Chargers is shown with the piping/striping shown OFF the edge of the sleeves/collars, aswear the Padres is right on the edges. And the Redskins is shown with all ON the edge of the collars/sleeves, aswear the Nationals is off the edge of the sleeves, but on the edge of the collar. Guess that's how they differentiate for legal purposes... <_<

Also, with the Packers using the pintripes, there is absolutely no yellow on the jersey. At least if they had gone with the Brewers current look, then there would be.

Honestly, I think they may have been going with more of a Yankees-type look with the Packers one. I know this sounds more like a crazy conspiracy theory more than anything else, but it's really just some food for thought.

I wonder what they will do for Chicago. Bears styled cubs jersey or sox jersey?

What about new york? Even more confusing. We shall see

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I wonder what they will do for Chicago. Bears styled cubs jersey or sox jersey?

What about new york? Even more confusing. We shall see

I'm guessing it will have pinstripes.

Considering both teams have pintripes with a logo on the left chest, I'd say that's not really much of a guess.

Navy pinstripes, with the wishbone 'C' in orange outlined in white and navy on the left chest.

I'm guessing the Broncos will follow the Steelers template, though the Rockies have both the vests and pinstriped regulars, so who knows. It'll be interesting to see what happens with teams that either share one or don't have an MLB team - My prediction: Generic pinstripes.

I think it'd be neat if MLB and the NFL joint marketed it. I'd like to see some stuff done with, say, the Broncos in the Rockies font, colors and uniform style. The Orioles already did the draft day hat for the Ravens. Of course, it'll never happen with manufacturer contracts, I guess that's why we're relegated to concepts on the boards.

I think these are clever when viewed in the context of the entire collection. But if I had seen one of these individually, the point would be lost. That Vikings jersey would just be an average pin-striped shirt with a team script. The fact that it's meant to mimic the Twins jersey isn't otherwise apparent.

These are actually really awesome. I'd honestly love to see them do this for every sport, every team. A Flyers baseball jersey, football jersey, basketball jersey and so on and so forth. It's be pretty badass to see a hockey jersey based on the Flyers jersey (preferably their alternate) with the Phillies script/logo/colors/etc.

Archived