Bmac25's MLB "What I Would Do" Series

Bmac

Here are some MLB concepts. Like I said, this is what I would do. I have made some minor changes in various places. C+C please.

Completed Teams: completedteams.png

First up, the Phillies!

Home

For the home jersey, I ditched the pinstripes. I know it is a classic look in Philly, but I decided to move on. I hope Phillies fans don't hate that too much. I based the home off of the current throwback. I moved the shoulder numbers to the front and put a shoulder patch on the shoulder. On the hat, I outlined the P in blue and made the bill blue. C+C please!

phillieshome1.png

I will post the road next, after I get a few comments on the first idea.

EDIT: Road and alternate posted below.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternate

For the alternate uniform, I think the Phillies need red. So here is the red jersey. On the script, I used a red on red look, kinda like the Angels. The numbers and names are white to stand out more. For the hat, I basically used the hat they currently use with their throwback alternates. C+C please!

philliesalt1-1.png

I might make another alternate or two later. For now, C+C on the set.

Well I'm still looking for some C+C on the Phillies set, but I will move on for now. To the Marlins! I think there is some work that can be done here. Again, minor changes, but I think this is how things should look.

Home

For the home, once again, I lost the pinstipes. I think the Marlins look good in pinstripes, in fact I might use that as ant alternate, but they would look better in this. Sleeveless white vest. I added some stripes around the sleeve area. I used the M/marlin logo for the hat. I also made a thicker pants stripe. C+C please!

marlinshome1.png

BTW, I'm not just gonna remove pintsripes from every team, don't worry. ^_^

PHILA:

If you're going to ditch the pinstripe look (cool with me), but keep the same script, then you should reference the late '40s more in your design. blue cap w/ red bill, blue belt / socks / numbers. No front numbers - doesn't work well with the script. Same with the road - more blue. The Alt can use the red cap / blue bill, but IMO it's kind of ugly and should be dropped.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm cool with ditching the pinstripes as a main uniform but if you are going to have an alternate it might be a good move to bring them back. (They won a title in pinstripes so using it as a throw-back would add some class to the set down the line.)

I'm cool with ditching the pinstripes as a main uniform but if you are going to have an alternate it might be a good move to bring them back. (They won a title in pinstripes so using it as a throw-back would add some class to the set down the line.)

Ya that is a point point. I considered bringing it back as an alternate. Now that you have mentioned it, I will probaly work on that.

Ha, sorry about the two posts right away. The Marlins set looks OK, but could be improved a ton by fixing one minor thing. That thing is either the hat logo, or the chest logo. It looks really weird having two logos look almost exactly alike except for the number. I would either put the cap logo on the chest, or put the chest logo on the cap.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived