Bmac25's MLB "What I Would Do" Series

Bmac

you know, i dont like that ur basically recylcing stuff from the ccsl page...but...

i like that u arent doing full redesigns...but rather just making the league look as it "should" in your eyes...b/c alot of teams have great stuff already.

Cardinals and Yankees are my favorites so far

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moving on to the next team. Perhaps the most classic team in baseball, the New York Yankees! Being such a classic team, I didn't want to change too much. But there are a few new things you will notice. The first thing is the sleeve patch. I put the sleeve patch I made (from "MLB Logo Concepts" a while back) on all of the uniforms. Other than that, minor things are cleaned up a bit, along with the addition of two new alternates.

Starting with the home uniform. The home is basically the same except for two things. First, the regular NY logo that the Yanks wear on their home unis has been replaced. I went with the NY logo from the caps. The other new thing is the sleeve patch. On the road uniform, I didn't change much. I added the sleeve patch, cleaned up the script a bit, and re-did the striping.

I have added two new alternate uniforms for the Yankees. They home alternate is navy with the NY cap logo on the chest. I added the sleeve patch and the striping from the road jersey. I also created a white cap that can be worn with this set. The road alternate is also navy. It features the New York script. I made a gray hat that can be worn on the road. Again, I added a sleeve patch and cleaned up the number.

yankees.png

C+C as always!

i think the yankees should adpot alternate unifroms such as the navy ones you have here. id also like to see an alt home uni with the old school "yankees" block letters or in the classic script.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I would just like to remind everyone that this is not a complete re-design of each team. Thus the reason why it isn't titled "Bmac25's MLB Re-design." I am making changes to various aspects of each team to make them look better. With that said, I understand some of these sets may be a bit...dull. This is not a re-design of each team.

However, for the next team, I completely changed things from the way they currently are. I don't plan to do this for many teams, only the teams that I think need a big change. The team: the Toronto Blue Jays. IMO, the Jays' current duds are ok. They are good for a baseball team. But I think Toronto could do better. They have some of the coolest throwbacks around. They have had planty of great logos in the past, and I feel they could still be using some of them. So, here is a combination of the early Jays stuff with the late 90's and early 2000's.

Starting with the logos and colors. The colors I used are powder blue and dark blue. The main logo is based off my favorite Jays logo, the T/blue jay logo. I used that logo on the road caps and the head of the jay in that logo on the home caps. For the scripts, I used the classic split letters.

The uniforms: On the home uni, I used the Blue Jays script with the jay head logo on the cap. For the road jersey I used the Toronto script with the T/blue jay logo on the cap. The first alternate is powder blue with the Blue Jays script. I used the jay head logo on a white front paneled cap. The second alternate is navy with the Toronto script. It can be worn at home or on the road. It can also be worn with any cap, but I used the blue cap with the T/jay logo, one with a blue bill, the other with a powder blue bill.

bluejays.png

I don't take credit for any logos here as they are all re-colors and edited versions of previous ones.

C+C on the Jays please. A's are probably next.

love em all. love how you bing the old with the new mlb teams need 2 look

at these. great job cant want 2 see the tigers:D

260bdzt.jpg

Hopefully i can add another banner this year

Go Wings!!! Go 49ers!!! Go Cavs!!! Go Tigers!!! Go Blue!!!

I am finished with the next team, the Oakland A's! Another classic team, I tried to make what they have even better. The main focus was tying the past to the present. The A's have had some very interesting uniforms in the past. The main thing I did was adding striping to all of the uniforms. The A's had striping in the past, and I don't like that they completely got rid of it. So I used a simple striping pattern based off of the old uniforms. I added it to the sleeves and the pants. The other big thing I did was use an outline on the A's logo on the caps. I used the white A's outlined in yellow and the yellow A's outlined in white. Also, I used a slightly updated version of the elephant logo on the shoulders.

Now the specifics: On the home uni, the only differences are the striping and the hat logo. On the road uniform, again, the only difference is the striping and the logo on the cap. For the first alternate, I brought back the yellow. I know not everyone likes the A's wearing a yellow jersey, but I think it looks good and they can pull it off. The LSU Tigers look great in yellow and I think the A's can too. So, it is a yello jersey with the new striping. For the hats, I couldn't decide what looked best. I originally started with a yellow cap with a green bill, but it seemed like a bit too much. So I put the two green hats with it. The second alternate is a green jersey. The differences are the striping and the hat logos. This can be worn at home or on the road, so I put it with both pants and both caps. I eliminated the black alternate. Though it looks ok, it is not an A's color.

There are two more jerseys I made. Both are some what throwbacks. Actually, they are simply based off of throwbacks. Also, both have the new striping pattern on the shoulder areas of the jersey. The first is a sleeveless white jersey with the A's logo on the chest. I used the all green cap here. This uniform is based on what the A's wore from 1969 to 1971. The second is a sleeveless gray uniform. It features a different Oakland script on the jersey and a new O logo on the cap. This uniform is a combination of ideas based on the Oakland Oaks throwbacks worn earlier this year and the unis worn by the A's in 1968 and from 1981 to 1984.

as.png

aspart2.png

C+C as always!

The A's look great, bmac. I LOVE that yellow jersey! The A's should really think about bringing that back. for the throwbacks, the white one with the A's chest logo looks really good and clean. The grey one is pretty bland and I don't like the plain O logo for a hat. but the current jerseys are outstanding!

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I am glad you all like it. I considered dropping the yellow alt, but it didn't seem to be disliked so I guess I will keep everything as it is. I'm happy to see people like the throwbacks. I want to make that gray one as good as possible, but I'm not sure what else to do. Does it look good now or should I change something?

As for the next team, I'm not sure who is next. I have some stuff for the Tigers and Padres that I am working on, but other than that I don't know what I will do. Stay tuned!

After a lot of thinking, I have decided I will take on the classic Cubs. Not a whole lot one can do with the Cubs while mainting tradition, but I have some ideas. I will post the entire uniform set later on, hopefully tomarrow. For now, here is a little "sneak peek" at what you will see for the Cubs:

The first thing I adress when making a concept is the colors. The Cubs colors are great, but I made a few minor changes. I darkened the red and blue a bit. IMO, it looks much sharper. Here is a comparison of the original Cubs colors and the colors I used:

cubscolors.png

Not a huge change, but like I said, I think it looks much better. Here is what the logos look like with the new colors:

cubslogos.png

Uniforms to come later. Stay tuned!

Finally, after some difficult discisions, I present the classic Cubs. Not a whole lot one can do with the Cubs while mainting tradition, but I have made a few changes.

The first thing I adress when making a concept is the colors. The Cubs colors are great, but I made a few minor changes. I darkened the red and blue a bit. IMO, it looks much sharper. Here is a comparison of the original Cubs colors and the colors I used:

cubscolors.png

Not a huge change, but like I said, I think it looks much better. Here is what the logos look like with the new colors:

cubslogos.png

Now for the uniforms. The main thing I did here was the use of the new darker colors. Other than that, everything is pretty much the same. I made a few alternate options as well. The home and road uniforms are the same, just cleaned up a little. On the road pants, I got rid of the little Cubs logo on the side of the pants because I think it look kinda out of place. The first alternate is a white pinstriped jersey with the alternate C/bear logo. The main Cubs logo is on the sleeve. This was originally going to be the home uniform, but I didn't want to replace one of the most classic uniforms in baseball. The second alternate is the same as the current, blue with the alternate logo. Both pants and caps are included.

cubsunis1.png

I had/have a lot of ideas for Cubs alternate uniforms and I had trouble deciding which ones to use in the presentation. I went with the two above, but I also included the two throwback style uniforms I made. They are both sleevless jerseys with the triple stripe design on the socks. They are loosely based on the uniforms the Cubs wore from 1937 to 1956. One is cream with the Cubs logo, the other is gray with the Chicago script.

cubsunis2.png

I have a few more alternate options sitting around if anyone wants me to post them. Nothing too exciting, but they look ok.

C+C on the Cubs!

ehhh, i say post everything you have. i like the blue alternate, the pinstripe is ok. nothing too exciting or groundbreaking here. Still, good work, you just can't do too much with a team with the history as the cubbies.

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

There really isn't too much you can do with the Cubs. But there is one thing the IMO needs to happen. Please move the patches to the right sleeve. On the left sleeve, the Cub and the C face backwards, which is a sign of cowardice. Other than that, really, only the primary home uniform is classic; the road look has changed numerous times. Take more liberties with that one. Actually, looking back again, make the home alt the primary home (as the other is a repeat). The Home Throwback could be the home alt. Overall, I just think you could take this further.

Archived