Carolina Hurricanes

JayLo1112

I know its a little sloppy but I did my best.

I tend to think that after watching the bruins/hurricanes series, that the hurricanes primary is a bit boring. and I really like their secondary, so I put them together to see how it would look, and I think it doesn't look half bad. maybe I should take the stick out or something, I don't know, but i want to see your take on it so please give me C+C. Thanks.

hurricane.png

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Maybe get rid of the stick and just have the flag? The stick seems out of place for some reason.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Maybe get rid of the stick and just have the flag? The stick seems out of place for some reason.

Agreed, the stick makes the logo kinda look like it has a P in it. Remove the stick and you have a good potential Canes logo.

Good Work!

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I definitely think this has potential, but I'm not exactly sure where to start...

removing the flag could help, but i still like it in there.

Maybe if you curve the stick more to give it more of a C or an O shape rather than a P. Also, I would maybe sharpen up the little tassles/tears on the end of the flag. They look too wavy in comparison to the toilet bowl hurricane behind it.

Keep working though, it could definitely work

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Update, took out the stick, removed the rips on the side of the flag.

It looked similar to the same so I put white streaks on each side of the "hurricane".

I hope you like the update.

hurricane2.png

That's one fierce tropical storm.

Update, took out the stick, removed the rips on the side of the flag.

It looked similar to the same so I put white streaks on each side of the "hurricane".

I hope you like the update.

hurricane2.png

Thats what the Oilers thought!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I love your hurricanes concept logo - I hope they burn in hell for beating my NJ Devils, but a great concept!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Maybe make the flag smaller so it doesn't interfere with other aspects of the logo (ie.: the black and red 'wind'? Is that what those are?)

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Not that this needs to be covered yet again, but...

"A hurricane watch (HWA) is issued for a specified area for which a hurricane or a hurricane-related hazard is a possible threat within 36 hours. Maritime flags indicate this with a single square red flag with a black square in the middle." From wiki.

As for the concept, I like the idea, but I think it looks a bit forced right now. The two logos need to be incorporated better, maybe with the black swoosh in front of the flag and the red swoosh behind? I'm not sure, just something to bring the two separate ideas together.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

"A hurricane watch (HWA) is issued for a specified area for which a hurricane or a hurricane-related hazard is a possible threat within 36 hours. Maritime flags indicate this with a single square red flag with a black square in the middle." From wiki.

As for the concept, I like the idea, but I think it looks a bit forced right now. The two logos need to be incorporated better, maybe with the black swoosh in front of the flag and the red swoosh behind? I'm not sure, just something to bring the two separate ideas together.

Yes, thanks -- I'm aware. So basically they're the Carolina Maybe-A-Storm-Will-Get-You-We're-Not-Sures? No, I think it would be more appropriate for a team named the Hurricanes to use a Hurricane Warning Flag and not just a Watch Flag. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Of course anyone who follows these boards knew that little nugget I posted, as it has been covered ad nauseam.

Sigh... I just wish whenever anyone posted a Hurricanes concept that we could talk about the concept and not have the obligatory "hey, it's the Carolina Tropical Storms!" posts. Same thing with the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim..." posts. I guess I'm just a dreamer.

Of course anyone who follows these boards knew that little nugget I posted, as it has been covered ad nauseam.

Sigh... I just wish whenever anyone posted a Hurricanes concept that we could talk about the concept and not have the obligatory "hey, it's the Carolina Tropical Storms!" posts. Same thing with the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim..." posts. I guess I'm just a dreamer.

Whenever somebody says that line that gets your panties in an uproar, it is a critique on the respective concept. When someone posts a Hurricanes concept, with the Tropical Storm Warning flag, rather than a Hurricane Warning flag, then they haven't fixed the glaring weakness in the Canes current identity (aside from those atrocious alternates). So in turn, it is mentioned.

Yes, thanks -- I'm aware. So basically they're the Carolina Maybe-A-Storm-Will-Get-You-We're-Not-Sures? No, I think it would be more appropriate for a team named the Hurricanes to use a Hurricane Warning Flag and not just a Watch Flag. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

i think whatever logo they used with a "warning flag" would be ridiculous since its just two watch flags...

anyway, i like the white stripes added but not so sure about the flag in the middle, it just looks a little odd.

spacer.png

Whenever somebody says that line that gets your panties in an uproar, it is a critique on the respective concept. When someone posts a Hurricanes concept, with the Tropical Storm Warning flag, rather than a Hurricane Warning flag, then they haven't fixed the glaring weakness in the Canes current identity (aside from those atrocious alternates). So in turn, it is mentioned.

The problem with this argument is that, as you yourself mentioned you were aware, one flag is perfectly representative of a Hurricane. So how, exactly, is it a "glaring weakness" to use a flag that represents the idea that "a hurricane or a hurricane-related hazard is a possible threat within 36 hours"? I suppose that one could make the argument that two flags is somehow more specific or imminent, but the idea that one flag doesn't "mean" hurricane is weak, played-out, and demonstrably incorrect.

Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, one flag simply works better. It fits under the stick and over the triangle better than two flags do. Why use two when one works fine?

Archived