Mets and Braves wearing color vs color

BBM

It is like if the Packers started to wear plain white jerseys with no piping and green pants on the road or something!! absolutely terrible!

I can't say I'm a fan of the practice jersey look (no stripes at all), but I am a fan of neither white pants nor athletic gold.

Idle musing: could the Packers make white pants with white jerseys work?

No.

Would that be too Bears-y, now that the Bears are going with the all-whites full-time now?

The Bears are stupid for the all-marshmallow look. (Other reasons too, but let's not get off-topic.)

Packers-2.png

Atlanta wore grey two times I can remember this season, on the road against Pitt who was in black and once vs. the Nationals.

It's retarded that they have adapted the navy blue alternates as the new roads...because the difference between their home look and their road look is way too drastic!! different hats. detailed shirt with piping to a non detail shirt with zero piping and nothing but blue and white...not to mention the fact the tomohawk is black on the alternates.

the Braves uniforms are all out of whack! It is like if the Packers started to wear plain white jerseys with no piping and green pants on the road or something!! absolutely terrible!

the shirts and hat appear nearly black! and the blue bp uniforms and coach jackets are a completely different shade of blue than their road uniforms. My dad calls them the batman unis

The tomahawk is navy. There is absolutely no black on the Braves' uniforms.

haha, i gaurantee you the tomohawk is black! they made the tomohawk black on the red alternates to commemorate the original Braves look...and did the same for the new navy jersey. I remember the commentators talking about it, and i know you would say they were wrong but I know they knew what they were talking about.

Jair%20Jurrjens%20AP%20Tom%20Mihalek.jpg

look at the color reflection difference right there.

The color reflection is due to it being a different fabric. It's definitely navy, and if the announcer was Chip Caray then I'd disregard that because that man has no idea what he's talking about most of the time. :P

qe5250vguebgd1tf9ga1ghcgh.gif

Besides, I'd pretty much trust what ASM and colorwerx say since those are the guys with the official colors and crap, so it's more-than-likely blue.

It is like if the Packers started to wear plain white jerseys with no piping and green pants on the road or something!! absolutely terrible!
Idle musing: could the Packers make white pants with white jerseys work?

No.

Fair enough. I tried a mock-up in Photoshop and it looked okay, but I have reservations about messing with the Packers, after all. You're wrong, by the way. The Marshmallow Bears are great. All that white makes them look like the forces of good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

confirmation: i was somewhat right somewhat wrong...

the Braves had a black tomahawk on their red jersey and home jersey for a game or two a few years back...this according to my brother... and then went back. honestly, you cannot tell the difference, but yes they did remove it.

just more reason for the Braves to switch to a lighter blue!!

the Braves had a black tomahawk on their red jersey and home jersey for a game or two a few years back...this according to my brother... and then went back. honestly, you cannot tell the difference, but yes they did remove it.

The red jersey? That's navy.

And if you saw a black tomahawk on a Braves home jersey, you saw a Milwaukee Braves throwback.

wimaghis.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Usually, "confirmation" involves an account from someone known to have actual inside knowledge.

Can CWx, ASM, Blackjack, or any others with the hook-ups confirm this?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree, 2 teams in color alts has the potential to be terrible, but if I was to play devil's advocate, is the difference between navy and black all that different than white and gray? I'd think we are all conditioned to pick up the difference between white and gray quicker, but I'd like to hear a 'color' analyst (i.e. Colorwerx, not Joe Morgan) explain the absolute value difference between navy and black, and see if it truly is a greater crime than white and gray. I give the floor to the gentleman from Colorado...

Usually, "confirmation" involves an account from someone known to have actual inside knowledge.

Can CWx, ASM, Blackjack, or any others with the hook-ups confirm this?

I can - my cousin heard from a guy whose next door neighbor's co-worker used to room with a guy who once walked by Turner Field - the tomahawk was once a particularly dark shade of British Racing Green. :D

Okay, time for the new rule to finally be added:

- Only 1 team can wear a colored alternate in a game. Home team has first choice (maybe, maybe, allow the road team a choice for 1 game in a series of 3 or 4 games.)

I don't mind seeing a game of blue vs red or red vs black or some lighter color vs a darker color, every once in a while, but if it means NOT having to see to almost exact, and sometimes exact, color vs color, then I'll happily go without seeing those that aren't as bad. But this has got to stop. It's ridiculous. So what if it's less of an actual game issue than with the other sports where you really need to be able to tell them apart for the sake of the game. This just looks like crap.

It is an "unofficial" rule. Lukas said MLB told the teams to not wear similar alts against each other anymore, but it's up to the different equipment managers to follow the rule. Obviously, some don't care.

Atlanta wore grey two times I can remember this season, on the road against Pitt who was in black and once vs. the Nationals.

It's retarded that they have adapted the navy blue alternates as the new roads...because the difference between their home look and their road look is way too drastic!! different hats. detailed shirt with piping to a non detail shirt with zero piping and nothing but blue and white...not to mention the fact the tomohawk is black on the alternates.

the Braves uniforms are all out of whack! It is like if the Packers started to wear plain white jerseys with no piping and green pants on the road or something!! absolutely terrible!

the shirts and hat appear nearly black! and the blue bp uniforms and coach jackets are a completely different shade of blue than their road uniforms. My dad calls them the batman unis

The tomahawk is navy. There is absolutely no black on the Braves' uniforms.

haha, i gaurantee you the tomohawk is black! they made the tomohawk black on the red alternates to commemorate the original Braves look...and did the same for the new navy jersey. I remember the commentators talking about it, and i know you would say they were wrong but I know they knew what they were talking about.

Jair%20Jurrjens%20AP%20Tom%20Mihalek.jpg

look at the color reflection difference right there.

The color reflection is due to it being a different fabric. It's definitely navy, and if the announcer was Chip Caray then I'd disregard that because that man has no idea what he's talking about most of the time. :P

Besides, I'd pretty much trust what ASM and colorwerx say since those are the guys with the official colors and crap, so it's more-than-likely blue.

The material in the tomahawk is embroidered. I have the navy alt at home. I'm almost certain it is blue. It's probably closer to Yankee Blue (midnight, whatever) than true navy blue, but it's blue.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I can confirm that the Braves wore a black tomahawk for at least one game last year -- a 1948 Boston Braves throwback at Wrigley Field. But they decided to switch back. :)

See a few pics down on this page (didn't seem right to hotlink from that page) for confirmation:

Cubs-Braves throwback pictures

And it's funny, but on my monitor the colors of that jersey look exactly the same -- navy blue.

Archived