Sign in to follow this  
TBGKon

Steinbrenner High School needs a design...

Just passing this on for my CCSLC brethren with artistic abilities:

This fall, in suburban Tampa, George M. Steinbrenner High School will open. Based upon their website, the school is accepting designs for the logo.

What is the mascot you might ask? Options such as Yankees, Clippers, Stallions, and Chargers were thought to be frontrunners, but potential students voted and the winner was WARRIORS. Navy blue and athletic gold are the colors. The website is http://steinbrenner.mysdhc.org/ and there is a link on the page to email submissions.

Warriors with blue and gold as their colors. Generic, but at the same time better than being the Yankees with a navy and white color scheme.

they should have pick the Yankees

Out of this list, I would have chosen Clippers. Steinbrenner's fortune was made in shipbuilding, after all.

I could think of other names as well ... but the four-letter-word filter probably would excise them.

Manitowoc (WI) H.S. is called the Shipbuilders, or Ships for short. Would have been a good name for George III HS

So would Kings, for that matter.

$

There's your logo.

Well, since every business he's run (but the Yankees) has gone under, they could have called them the Chapter 11's.

Here are some other thoughts

Felons

Pardons

Evil Empire

I'd love to see the Warrior mascot with a white turtleneck, grey trousers and a navy blazer.

I would have voted for the "Eggplant Calzones" though the "Big Steins" would have worked for me as well.

Seinfeld_s7e20.jpg

Whatever nickname they settle on, their logo should be something similar to the University of Minnesota Law School's logo:

Modales.png

For those who don't know, the U of M Law School is located in Walter Mondale Hall on the U of M campus.

I know I always ask this for requests ( I stopped ^_^ ), but for something like this, is their compensation. I didnt see anything about a prize or payment on their website. Just putting it out there.

I know I always ask this for requests ( I stopped ^_^ ), but for something like this, is their compensation. I didnt see anything about a prize or payment on their website. Just putting it out there.

No idea, try contacting them school.

their colors should be green and yankee blue

Clippers would have been the best choice, but good luck getting high school kids to share their name with one of the worst sports franchises ever.

Clippers would have been the best choice, but good luck getting high school kids to share their name with one of the worst sports franchises ever.

The Saint Kilda Saints?

/try hard Australian

OK, I'm a fairly modest person :D but seriously, dont you think my design is better than this? I hope this is a joke.

Logo They Went With

no, the design they picked it much better than yours actually....

Your is just a crossed shield with random word placement...