Sign in to follow this  
TBGKon

Steinbrenner High School needs a design...

OK, I'm a fairly modest person :D but seriously, dont you think my design is better than this? I hope this is a joke.

Logo They Went With

no, the design they picked it much better than yours actually....

Your is just a crossed shield with random word placement...

Too bad the text looks like the Golden State warriors. At least he was original.

Who cares which is "better" really? One is original, but plain, non-descript, and completely uninspiring. The other is a hideously mismatched double (I'm guessing) copyright infringement.

I'd say it's a wash.

Boss High should be ashamed. That's just disgraceful.

I don't get why everytime someone chooses "Warriors" as a mascot they have to choose some sort of ancient depiction of a warrior. What they should've done to be unique is use a more modern warrior look such as a fighter pilot. After all, George Steinbrenner was in the Air Force and a big Air Force base is in the Tampa-St. Pete area. They then could've had a pretty interesting logo.

It seems like there are way too many high schools with the same names and the same logos, like this one. A new school should have had the courage to try something different.

Somehow, I feel inclined to post this...

images.jpg

This is the logo for Baldwin High School here in Baldwin, a "borough just south of Pittsburgh". (I quote-en-quote that because it's right up against the city limits, so it may as well be Pittsburgh itself.) Anyway, for those who look at that and wonder why there's a "w" in there, it's because that school also picks up kids from Whitehall, the next borough over. FWIW, the school's nickname is the Highlanders--appropriate, since the school's location is on the Baldwin Highlands side of Rt 51 here (and trust me, it IS high over there).

For me this sorta kinda goes against the grain of your "typical" high school logo, which either often appears "gimmicky", too "cartoonish", or is a blatant rip-off. Two, is is a little further proof that not that logos have depict some sort of living thing. This, to me, is actually one of the better logo designs I've come across in some time, and it took me seeing it on the backs of some of the kids' jackets around here to realize it was a high school's logo.

Honestly I think Warriors is the best choice. As a Yankee fan there's no need for the nickname to be Yankees or Clippers or anything, the school is dedicated in the man's honor because of the contributions he made to the community and such down there, not what he's done in sports and his other business endeavors. Steinbrenner famously uses the word Warrior to describe players, specifically Paul O'Neill, who play hard, give 100%, and leave it all out there just as he's done his whole life. I think Warrior fits perfect, I like the color scheme, I think they could use a better logo, but all in all not a bad concept.

Somehow, I feel inclined to post this...

images.jpg

This is the logo for Baldwin High School here in Baldwin, a "borough just south of Pittsburgh". (I quote-en-quote that because it's right up against the city limits, so it may as well be Pittsburgh itself.)

I just returned back to Phila. after spending the long holiday weekend with some old college friends... in Baldwin!

Logo concept

I was bored and did this one pretty quick, but they said they already had a logo. Oh well. Not my best work, but thought I could help.

Thats much better than mine, and waaaaaay better than the logo they have. Nice work.

Thanks man

Logo concept

I was bored and did this one pretty quick, but they said they already had a logo. Oh well. Not my best work, but thought I could help.

For sure better than what they went with. I never thought I'd find a logo worse than the Thunder until now, some random illustration and golden state's wordmark does not constitute a logo.

Back to your concept, definitely an over-serifed typeface choice, and the border/offset path around the wordmarks are way too thick.

I cannot help but immediately think of this, by Ben Barnes of Rare Design:

rigby.gif

Though yours does look significantly different, it still seems like you borrowed some aspects from that logo....not accusing you of ripping off but it's pretty similar in execution.