2009 Stars and Stripes

Brian E

Those uniforms look pretty good, but I think they would have looked just as good had they worn red caps with the regular cap logo on them along with the jerseys instead of the ones they wore.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And everybody changed their last name to "Canada."

Seriously, I just saw this on SportsCenter/re, and thought about how bush league it is.

how is this bush league? i thought they looked great.

And everybody changed their last name to "Canada."

Seriously, I just saw this on SportsCenter/re, and thought about how bush league it is.

how is this bush league? i thought they looked great.

No, he's right, it's bush league. The "Canada" NOB anyway. If the whole rest of the uniform -- red shirts, red caps, maple leaf flag in the logo -- isn't sufficient to communicate that it's about Canada and so the NOB is required to get the point across, then the uniforms are a complete failure. And if the whole rest of the package does communicate that it's about Canada, then the NOB is redundant overkill. Either way, it's bush league. But just the NOB. The rest of the uni is just fine as far as these things go.

20082614447.png

I was at the game, and I must admit, the Jays red jerseys looked better in person than I thought.

Interesting that they added the white outline to the script on the front, but removed an outline on the numbers on the back.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I was at the game, and I must admit, the Jays red jerseys looked better in person than I thought.

Interesting that they added the white outline to the script on the front, but removed an outline on the numbers on the back.

I was also at the game they looked so much better then i thought they would

I'm starting to think they would have looked better with consistent branding between the cap logo and the jersey logo -- either have both of them in the blue, back and white Jay or the red and white Jay with flag pattern.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm starting to think they would have looked better with consistent branding between the cap logo and the jersey logo -- either have both of them in the blue, back and white Jay or the red and white Jay with flag pattern.

yeah i thought the same thing. i would go with the latter.

Archived