Edmonton Oilers Rebrand

raysox

Alright, so I started doodling in class the other day. It started to look like an oil rig. I just kept adding some things to it, and it ended up as a logo for the Edmonton Oilers. The first thing I did, was change the colour scheme. I exchanged the current red, for the retro orange. I made a new script for 3 of the logos. I made a tertiary with an oil drop, instead of the rig. Also, I added the Roughneck logo(love it) as the secondary.

EDMr.png

On the Jerseys, I made a modern look, with retro striping.

EDMj.png

Alright, C&C por favor.

I never liked the copper in the Oilers set, and adding more of it just made it worse IMO. The primary logo is decent, but not great, and the tertiary just seems bland and boring. The Houston Oilers oil rig doesn't work for me either.

The copper stripe on the jersey seems out of place and unnecessary, especially since it would be nearly lost when the arm is folded down while wearing it. The rest of the striping is pretty good, and I think it works well for the team.

I'd brighten up the blue to their retro shade, and ditch the copper. Just my two cents.

The Tennessee Titans might have something to say about this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The copper doesn't work at all in those concepts.

I disagree. I think the copper works well with the orange and the navy, except in the logo and the numbers, where there isn't enough white between the copper and orange. Maybe separate them with the navy? Of course, if you lighten the blue to the retro shade, then you'll have to ditch the copper. But it works in the striping on the jersey. For me anyhow. And it's a unique color combination for the NHL. I'd hate to see the Oilers lose copper.

nhl94vansigpng.png

I think you should lose the piping on the arms and use the Oilers current primary and this is quite a improvement from there current set.

I always love when Oilers concepts use there current Navy with orange, they go together so well.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived