Abbotsford Heat

chickenfish13

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice find, I didnt see those. I dont really like the away, but the home is nice.

Sorry. I should put up there that it's just a concept idea for what the uniforms may look like.

(An Educated Guess)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

John, try the red jersey with the same logo as the white. Don't futz with the colors, that one looks kinda washed out.

Kind of like the Flames' farm system, hey-Ooooo!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Looks alot better then the stupid QC logo they had in Quad City.

You don't get the joke, do you?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Im referring to the concept that is posted above. If there is suppose to be a joke involving that concept please let me know. Because I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

beLEAF

Im referring to the concept that is posted above. If there is suppose to be a joke involving that concept please let me know. Because I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Does the logo look familiar to you at all?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Um...let me see...Atlanta Flames?

Seriously man, I obviously know where he got the logo from.

So what part of recycling the logo (albeit this is sarcasm on Kinger's part) makes it better than the old QC Flames logo.

Today, we are all otaku.

I wasn't meaning anything to be sarcastic or funny or whatever.

I just really think this is the way they are gonna go...

After reading alot of the AHL posts in a few threads, is there anyone who thinks they aren't gonna do something like this?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I fully expect them to use their jersey template at the least. I hold out minor hope that they won't use the Atlanta Flames logo. Although with those travels costs eating into that team's bare bones budget. :rolleyes:<_<

Today, we are all otaku.

I fully expect them to use their jersey template at the least. I hold out minor hope that they won't use the Atlanta Flames logo. Although with those travels costs eating into that team's bare bones budget. :rolleyes:<_<

How do teams traveling to San Antonio or Houston they have to deal with it the travel costs won't be an issue..... please come back and quote me on this in 2 years or so I guarantee they'll still be in Abbotsford past 2011. :D

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Point 1. Houston and San Antonio are serviced by reasonably large airports, and are close to themselves and Austin. Abbotsford isn't.

Point 2. Houston's farther from Winnipeg (your closest league foe), but only by about 150 miles. The Texas teams' divisional foes are closer to them than Abbotsford is to any of its fellow AHL teams.

Point 3. History shows that the Flames don't exactly work at either building the fanbase, and indeed pull out to torch another market after two years in the old place.

Point 4. The Flames don't spend money on their affiliate. Just a rule of thumb.

Today, we are all otaku.

Terrible team name and terrible marketing plan by the Flames ownership. It's pretty obvious now that their plan all along was to recycle the parent club identity and cheap out with uniforms and brands despite their phony "name the team" contest and declaration that the team would have a separate identity. Considering the Flames past efforts in the AHL, the team's first priority will not be to win, so you have to wonder how this experiment will turn out. Will Abbotsford fans cheer for a team that looks like the Flames and is more concerned with development than being competitive? Will they support a franchise that seemingly doesn't care for them? We can only wonder.

Why didn't they just give the team an aviation themed name? That is what the local fans overwhelmingly want. They also could have easily swapped the red in their uniforms for another colour and kept the black and gold pants, helmets and gloves that the Flames use.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I don't know why they didn't just stick with Flames, it's their affiliate. It doesn't matter what it's named really, most teams go with the same name for their AHL team like the WBS Penguins, Lowell Devils, etc...

Abbotsford Heat doesn't sound too bad, just doesn't sound like a hockey team name.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Terrible team name and terrible marketing plan by the Flames ownership. It's pretty obvious now that their plan all along was to recycle the parent club identity and cheap out with uniforms and brands despite their phony "name the team" contest and declaration that the team would have a separate identity. Considering the Flames past efforts in the AHL, the team's first priority will not be to win, so you have to wonder how this experiment will turn out. Will Abbotsford fans cheer for a team that looks like the Flames and is more concerned with development than being competitive? Will they support a franchise that seemingly doesn't care for them? We can only wonder.

Why didn't they just give the team an aviation themed name? That is what the local fans overwhelmingly want. They also could have easily swapped the red in their uniforms for another colour and kept the black and gold pants, helmets and gloves that the Flames use.

The Flames don't own the team, the Abbotsford Heat owns the team, and are working under an operating agreement with the Flames.

That being said, when this story broke a few months ago, the team's ownership as much as said that they'd like to use the flaming A as a logo, so yes, the name the team contest was rather silly. However, with a 10-year operating agreement in place, we'll see how long it does take until, or if, the team pulls up stakes, or if Calgary will step in and assist the team if it starts struggling at the gate.

Finally, even without a major airport to service it, Abbotsford does at least have an airport, and although it doesn't have any direct flights to Houston or Winnipeg, it does have a direct shuttle flight to Calgary, for about $200. I'm sure that played a part in the Flames willingness to place their farm team in the middle of WHL country.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived