2009 NFL Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

Next on the redesign is the Baltimore Ravens! (I intended to do it in alphabetical order...accidently missed AZ so Ill do them next). For Baltimore...there was two things I knew I wanted to do off the bat.

1) remove the Maryland flag alternate. Ok...I get it...everyone loves the Maryland flag and everyone puts it on uniforms. For me, recycling a concept that is used so much kind of kills the teams identity. So, I wanted the logo gone, as great as it looks.

2) The helmet logo they have... (primary) bothers me. There is something about that B forced onto the Ravens face...and something about the beak that looks wimpy. So, I went in and modernized their old flying bird logo...and made the forward facing bird head the primary. The B logo is tertiary, however is my primary option right now for the helmet. Yall tell me if yall like the second helmet option or not.

clipboard-1.png

Here is a go at the home uniform. I decided to use the bird as the helmet...even though I have not got any feedback on the logo sheet yet. I did not want to change the Ravens overall look...but I did want to spice them up. I just whipped up the cleanest modernized design I could. The pants design is supposed to resemble the style on the logo...but I know its a pretty farfetched look.

HomeUniform1-1.png

Well my first feedback was pretty straight forward...so I simply fixed the logo. Also, I am holding my breath with these uniforms. I thought the home and alternate looked really cool! but... I had some trouble getting the template to work for the road set. I guess I could say the designer of the Bengals latest uniforms held a gun to my head when I designed these... I know there is alot to them. But, I am a fan of stuff that looks cool over conservative. The design grew on me, and I like it! but... I dunno if yall will. Okay, now I can let this take some hits for a day.

I would appreciate some feedback on my last Falcons concept too. Thanks!

clipboard4.png

HomeUniform1-2.png

HomeUniform2-2.png

RoadUniform1-1.png

Atlanta Falcons: Final Version

Third concepts will be the last I will do for each team (hopefully I wont be doing more than one for each in the future).

I took Brass97's advice and decided to stick with a similar style to what the Falcons have now. The difference is a sleeker design. I dont know if yall noticed...but some of my friends and I agree that the sleeve design Atlanta has is just way too...blehh. I decided to twist and turn the look a little bit to give it a slashier feel to it (wow im making up words). I also wanted to get rid of the dumb side panels. I used the solid red helmet from my original concept, kept the gold even though I got mixed reviews with it, and used white pants for all three.

HomeUniform3.png

HomeUniform5.png

RoadUniform4.png

Overall, I think this design was my best attempt to combine classicness and modernization. The design is modernized...however the red/red/white...red/black/white...and red/white/white are looks that existed from 1966-1989. Hope this one gets good reviews b/c I am moving on to the Baltimore Ravens!

I like these much better.

spacer.png

Well my first feedback was pretty straight forward...so I simply fixed the logo. Also, I am holding my breath with these uniforms. I thought the home and alternate looked really cool! but... I had some trouble getting the template to work for the road set. I guess I could say the designer of the Bengals latest uniforms held a gun to my head when I designed these... I know there is alot to them. But, I am a fan of stuff that looks cool over conservative. The design grew on me, and I like it! but... I dunno if yall will. Okay, now I can let this take some hits for a day.

I would appreciate some feedback on my last Falcons concept too. Thanks!

clipboard4.png

HomeUniform1-2.png

HomeUniform2-2.png

RoadUniform1-1.png

Wow! I love these uniforms. The jerseys and pants are awesome. However, I would like to see a Black pair of pants and either the old Raven logo on the helmet or the letter B. Excellent start though.

spacer.png

Thanks for the people who have commented so far, though I could use way more!

Also, I am sticking my nose in inkscape. I have used it before for a basketball design (before I was a member), so I am kind of comfortable with it.

I do not know if I am going to get good enough to duplicate what I have so far, but if I feel capable I am going to use inkscape for now on to try and improve the uniforms look a bit. I think what I am doing right now with resizing on MS PP has kept my logo sheets and numbers pretty sharp, but I noticed my piping is looking a bit blotchy.

So I might use inkscape, I might not, but either way I am taking this project very seriously! Also, I plan on combining my Falcons and Ravens concepts on more professional sheets instead of leaving them in seperate windows...so you might see alot of revision here before I move on.

Alright. I did the uniform on inkscape. It still got a pixilated and blotchy look when I exported it as a bitmap. I redesigned the away uniform a little bit.

Anyways, here it is.

clipboard4.png

HomeUniform21.png

HomeUniform2-3.png

RoadUniform1-2.png

Hope yall think it looks good.

Also, is there anyway to export it so it doesnt get pixilated like this? I was bummed when I pulled it up because the main reason I used inkscape was for a sharper look.

If someone could help me out on that please do!! Thanks

Archived