My NHL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

I think the green is fine.

Add - Lace up collar, shoulder logos

Change - wheatish/gold

I'm not diggin the wolverine. Everything about the wolverine I'm not digging. I don't think it looks great, and I don't think it captures the "Wild" feel you were going for. I'd say that is something that needs to be rethought out.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to those who gave feedback. I've been busy with other things for the past few days, but I'll try to get an update posted soon.

One thing I won't be doing is adding a lace-up collar (as I've said before). First, I'd have to do major work to the template to get in in there. Secondly, to me the lace-up collar on a new team is much more of a weak, forced, faux-old school look than a circled, typography-based logo is (which many people seem to immediately disregard as being "fake retro"). The lace-up collar had been gone from all teams in the league for decades before it made a recent reappearance; however, circular logos with type have been a part of American sports nonstop for a long time.

So if I'm going to give the Wild a retro lace-up collar, why not give one to the Blue Jackets (same age as the Wild), the Thrashers (one year older), or the Predators (two years older)?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

My reasoning is that the Wild just look like an old-school team, especially with the template you gave them. A lace-up collar just feels natural for them, whereas the Edge collar looks sort of forced on their uniforms. The Blue Jackets, Thrashers, and Predators all (at least now) have very modern looks, especially your Atlanta design. The lace-up collar to me doesn't really have anything to with the age of the franchise, but rather how it relates to the rest of the jersey. I hope my little schpeel will change your mind :)

scotland_fifasig.png

Great job on the Wild. The new colors are perfect. The green and red are good and the new gold color is a great idea. I think it looks pretty good. The touched up logo looks nice too. That extra outline does wonders. The new wordmark is pretty cool. I'm not completely sold on the shooting star swoosh things on the ends, but I like the idea. The jerseys are great. They kind of look like the current home combined with the road and then cleaned up. Great design and striping patterns. The home is perfect execpt I would change the color of the numbers. I would switch the inside to gold and outline it in either red or white. Then match the road numbers. The alternate is really cool but I'm still unsure on the logo. It is really well done, but I just don't see it as a Minnesota Wild logo. Great job on this set. Looking forward to updates!

I think the Wild jerseys are perfect to be honest, as for the Logo, it's a beast of some sort, i don't think they have ever really defined what it is, have they? Wolverine would be fine, looks pretty cool imo.

I like the darker colours as well.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

That Wild set is almost perfect. The only thing I would change is to give the home uniform the same socks as the alts, with the red on top and green on bottom. That way it would still match the home set, while avoiding the capri pant look that currently plagues the Capitals.

The Wild set has been updated and finished. I'm glad I was able to get some extra feedback, because it convinced be to leave the colors as they were. The only change I made was to add the alternate logo to the shoulders of the home and away jersey, where it does seem to fit nicely into the shape of the sleeve stripes.

Thoughts on two issues that were brought up: First, a few people wanted to drop the white numbers in favor of the pewter/wheat color. I looked at it, and it was okay, but I really liked the sharp brightness of the white numbers. It would have been a unique look to go without white numbers, but in the end I didn't want to sacrifice the little bit of white I had on the green jerseys.

Second, as far as the animal chosen for the alternate logo: if you check my original post, I said that the Wild have never officially said what it is, though many people seem to think it's a bear. However, I am doing this series for the entire league, and I didn't want to do another bear logo, so I chose to make it a wolverine. It was a personal decision made for the sake of differentiation, and I think it works pretty well.

By my count, that puts this project at 15 teams out of 30 completed; the half-way point. I'll probably be taking a bit of time off from this series to finish up a few other things, but I'll be back to finish it before long.

Thanks that looks very cool

Thanks.

Is the font in the circle custom?

On the secondary, I never would of thought of the Wild-head being a wolverine. I think it's a rather unique choice of animal for the pros. I like it.

Nope, it's called Wolf's Bane.

there's one thing that bothers me about this and you can say its childish or whatever but there is a patch of red right under the wolverines tail, and it looks like the animals you-know-what to me. just thought I'd let you know because it's quite obnoxious. otherwise I really love this wild concept and this entire series.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

#1: Anaheim Ducks

Logo.png

They have such a great name, but such a boring identity. So I went in a different direction with the Ducks. I changed the colors to make them brighter and more duck-like, so I went with a pond green, a bright yellowish orange, and I kept the black as a secondary color. The primary logo is a duck head set inside an orange oval, which is flanked by sylized, outstretched wings.

I kept the same script the Ducks currently use (with only superficial changes). I think it is actually a nice wordmark, and the type style and basic visual style go well with what I did with the rest of the identity. The secondary logo is the web-foot-D from the wordmark.

For the uniforms, I wanted to keep the some of the same visual elements from the logo, so I used a lot of round shapes, with negative space. It's a bit of an unorthodox look, but I think it works well as a whole package. For the alternate, I didn't want an all-black set so I used the orange color. This looked much less bright in its pre-.png state, and I know it's very bright, but keep in mind it's an alternate jersey for a team in southern California. I used a striping style that's sort of reminiscent of the old Mighty Ducks days.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

I would prefer the duck D logo on both the home and away and make the duck a bit more meaner

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Logo.png

They have such a great name, but such a boring identity. So I went in a different direction with the Ducks. I changed the colors to make them brighter and more duck-like, so I went with a pond green, a bright yellowish orange, and I kept the black as a secondary color. The primary logo is a duck head set inside an orange oval, which is flanked by sylized, outstretched wings.

I kept the same script the Ducks currently use (with only superficial changes). I think it is actually a nice wordmark, and the type style and basic visual style go well with what I did with the rest of the identity. The secondary logo is the web-foot-D from the wordmark.

For the uniforms, I wanted to keep the some of the same visual elements from the logo, so I used a lot of round shapes, with negative space. It's a bit of an unorthodox look, but I think it works well as a whole package. For the alternate, I didn't want an all-black set so I used the orange color. This looked much less bright in its pre-.png state, and I know it's very bright, but keep in mind it's an alternate jersey for a team in southern California. I used a striping style that's sort of reminiscent of the old Mighty Ducks days.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

I would prefer the duck D logo on both the home and away and make the duck a bit more meaner

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Logo.png

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Logo.png

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

I would prefer the duck D logo on both the home and away and make the duck a bit more meaner, the duck bird looks like the flying pittsburgh penguins logo before they went back to the skating penguin logo

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived