My NHL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, I'm not feeling it like the others. I'm not very impressed with the primary. It just doesn't seem as viscious as it should. The secondary looks good, but might be too detailed for a jersey crest. There is a lot going on with the jerseys, but it isn't necessarily bad, just busy. I also don't like how every logo seems to be incorporated into a V. I know it probably wasn't intentional, but it just bugs me a little. I can't say it is a downgrade because I don't care for their current set, but it isn't a huge upgrade.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I would make a version of the primary sans- triangular background shape, as it honestly makes the logo look unbalanced... it may just be me, but I see the shape as a hole the sabertooth cat's head is emerging from, but it's coming from the side while the shape is facing forward. It just seems a bit optical-illusiony to me.

It's an overall great concept... I really like the slashmark stripes.

I think my only critique of the Preds look is that I don't like the C or A to be on a colored seem like that. Could you find a better place for them?

Thanks for all the feedback on Nashville. It seems the primary logo caused the most problems, which I must admit kind of surprised me.

I would make a version of the primary sans- triangular background shape, as it honestly makes the logo look unbalanced... it may just be me, but I see the shape as a hole the sabertooth cat's head is emerging from, but it's coming from the side while the shape is facing forward. It just seems a bit optical-illusiony to me.

It's an overall great concept... I really like the slashmark stripes.

Your analysis is correct; it's akin to the Sharks' logo in that respect. To my eye, it's working. But I'll go back and play with it. The problem with dropping the background shape is that I'll still have to crop the logo at the neck somewhere anyway and sever the head, which I think will make it look really imbalanced (with all the "action" in the logo happening at the far right) and arbitrary. I think having the sabertooth-triangle shape back there helps center the action and prevent an overly ragged right side (which would clash with the straight-line left side).

I think my only critique of the Preds look is that I don't like the C or A to be on a colored seem like that. Could you find a better place for them?

I'm actually surprised that more people didn't have a problem with that feature. I did that only because, honestly, I really like the way it looks. It's completely my personal taste, and it's one of the few features of the Edge-generation uniform templates that I think could work (if used sparingly and carefully).

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

i like the unis, but i think the logos aren't the strongest point of the concept. the silhouette logo is very unique and a good idea, but the moon looks funny with the various shadows and such. the primary to me looks very soft and I think a logo of a saber-toothed cat should be sharper. I also think there should be a larger emphasis on the teeth like in the current preds logo.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

I'm actually surprised that more people didn't have a problem with that feature. I did that only because, honestly, I really like the way it looks. It's completely my personal taste, and it's one of the few features of the Edge-generation uniform templates that I think could work (if used sparingly and carefully).

I've just always thought earning/having such a title should be far more visible and not distracted by anything else.

Then again, I'm also very much anti number on the chest too.

I think the socks could use a thin stripe of gold on there somewhere, and I saw you were going to try and retool the primary. I think the primary needs a little bit more viciousness in it. I like the idea and it's well executed, but I think that is the one thing lost from their current logo to this one. If a team is going to be called the "Predators" they have to have and imposing and well, predatory look to their logo.

But again, great job. I'm loving the third as always, and the piping and the slashes work well. The slashes start to border overkill and being busy, but you stay on the right side of both of those. Great concept.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I really like the preds concept but I think that some of the problem with the primary could be solved if the mouth was made larger, right now the teeth look way to big for such a small mouth, it needs to be stretched horizontally in my opinion.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

I like the alternate jersey but, the home and away have to much going on. I don't like the piping interfering with the "C" or the piping on the top sleeve it just seems out of place. I do like the claw marks on the side maybe you should try doing more with idea.

Blackhawks.pngBulls.png

Ok, I tried some reworking of the Preds' logo, but nothing was sitting well with me. I understand people who thought that my logo was less "ferocious" than their current logo; but remember that I was trying to address what I saw was their current logo's biggest problem: namely, that it's overly distorted and unrealistic.

I was using an image of a museum recreation of a sabertooth cat for reference when making my logo, and that's why the proportions are, in my opinion, much more accurate than their current logo. Sure, I could have stretched his fangs out to the point of ridiculousness; essentially removed his lower jaw; given him skin made out of shiny metal (apparently); and added some super-mean eyebrows. But that was really not what I wanted to do with my logo. All things considered, I think mine is plenty ferocious without being far too over-the-top.

I also get that some people thought the home and away uniforms were too busy. To some degree that's just personal taste and I've already explained why I made some of the choices that I did. I'm just glad that I got the amount of positive feedback that I did, because I know it was a bit different.

So, moving on, the next team will be up shortly.

#18: New Jersey Devils

Logo.png

Just tweaks here, mainly. The Devils' logo is a great example of economy and succinctness, all while conveying a good image of the team's name. So all I did was modernize the logo, and try to make it more "full" in terms of how the circle space was used. I also gave them a simple modernized wordmark. I was tempted to put horns and a tail on it, but I'm glad I stayed away from that; the Devils as a franchise have enough history to go with a more subdued look.

The home and away uniforms are also simple modernizations. Basically, I was just standardizing their striping patterns and color progressions. They have a classic look with so many Cups and memories behind it, I saw no need for an overhaul. The Devils have never had an alternate, so that was tricky business. I knew I wanted to do a Demon logo, but each iteration was getting more and more detailed, so I started from scratch and gave them a simpler (in terms of line economy) demon logo: Black face with horns, teeth, and tongue. Yes, it's a black logo on a black jersey. But remember that it's an alternate, and I wanted the whole package to be DARK, thus the small amount of striping and the white numbers with no outline.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

Archived