My NHL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

#21: Ottawa Senators

Logo.png

To me, Ottawa is a team that doesn't need to change much; however, they do seriously need to reconsider the relative importance of their logos, colors, etc. So I've taken what I consider to be far and away their best logo--the recently updated 2D Senator--and I've made a few small changes that I hope improve what is already a fantastic hockey crest. First off, I changed the Sens' gold color from the super-saturated, almost orange-infused gold to a milder color that I think looks better as armor and works better in general. Secondly, I thickened the tip of the nose and chin; it's a very subtle change, but to me the original Senator had a very thin nose and weak chin. Thirdly, I added more strokes to the red doodad on his helmet to make it look more feathery and less like a solid form. Lastly, I changed the interaction of the 3 strokes of his cape; instead of letting them come out of the circle then stop arbitrarily, I had them fuse with the red outline circle. In addition to the logo alterations, I gave the Senators an updated old school Roman face in the wordmark I created.

The most important issue I wanted to address in the uniforms was color. I loved the look of the original (90's expansion) Senators with the classic straight stripes and the badass all-black look. So my goal was to bring back the focus on black, and give them a classic striping that would (hopefully) invoke the uber-stripe look of the old barberpole style, without going all the way and including dozens of tri-colored stripes everywhere. On the shoulders of all the uniforms is an updated "S-circle" logo based on the 90's-era original. The date I used is the one the franchise chose for themselves; it wasn't my call.

For the alternate, I wanted a red jersey with some actual gold striping, and some use of that really cool leaf pattern. So I started with creating an upper-body logo of the Senator with a spear and shield, set in a leafed circle with "Senators" above. Then I made the jersey striping match the patterns on the logos, with the thick gold leaf section above the thin red line, all set in a black field. I think it's a great look for an alternate.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this alot. My only worry is that the focus on black on the home and away uniform fails to differentiate it from a lot of other black/red hockey teams.

Otherwise, it's really nice work. I especially like the fuller-bodied Senator.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Senators concept kicks booty! I always enjoy seeing an Ottawa concept especially a really good one like this. I've never seen anyone attempt a full body senator and you pulled it off. I'm in love with that red alt. If it's available at salejerseys.com for $22.00, I'll buy it. Heck, I'd pay $100.00 for it. It is that good. The regular jerseys do give off a barberpole feel, which is nice. My question is, why use the "S" logo when the "O" logo is so cool? I also think you made the "S" logo more plain than it used to be by taking the "wings" off of it.

It's an awesome job none the less. A+ still.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

:notworthy:

The home and away are perfect! The logo is too, great job on making a nice logo even better.

I'm not completely sold on the alternate, I think it would be nice if the striping one the waist was the same as the striping on the arm.

Either way, really great job! :D

Hi, how are you?

#21: Ottawa Senators

Logo.png

To me, Ottawa is a team that doesn't need to change much; however, they do seriously need to reconsider the relative importance of their logos, colors, etc. So I've taken what I ....

Nice job as always!

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

#19: New York Islanders

Logo.png

I dislike the Ilses, but this is an awesome set. Great stuff.

They started to suck as soon as Bossy's knee blew out !!

This is the BEST set I have for the Isles since I follow this forum...

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Could you post a picture of the 3rd jersey logo because it looks very cool and I would like to see the details

I never got the Islanders shoulder logo when i asked.

Just saying.

Could you post a picture of the 3rd jersey logo because it looks very cool and I would like to see the details

Just saying.

Learn to read the intros. He links them.

Isles

Sens

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Just saying.

Learn to read the intros. He links them.

Isles

Sens

Sorry, I go all kid at christmas and just get to the presents. :P

But, thank you for the head's up.

Archived