My NHL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

I don't like the wings on the primary, but I don't really like how the duck head sits inside the oval even without the wings. Maybe make the oval bigger, so it completely encompasses the head?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking that primary logo with the wings, though I'm not too sure what to say about the colour combination. I like the green, and with the yellow-orange, the colours together feel like something of a homage to the old Mighty Ducks logo. But to be honest, I don't really like the orange that much.

The jerseys aren't too bad, but they do feel like something of, for lack of better term, a lovechild of Calgary and Dallas. Maybe make the orange darker, or use a more red-orange shade like the Ducks currently use.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The primary has too many colors going on. Right now you have black, white, yellow, green, and highlight in lighter green.

Might I suggest dropping black for a very dark green and dropping the white. And if you keep the highlight on the head, perhaps add lighter underfeathers to the wings. The highlight makes the head pop out and makes the wings read as flat.

Ok, I've been looking at the three main logo ideas (oval w/ wings, just oval, and just oval with beak inside), and I still feel that the first option is the best. Both logos that just have the duck are good images, but I really don't think they make a better crest. And the one with the head and beak inside the oval really messed up the balance--it shifted all the weight of the image to the right, which was the reason I positioned it the way I did originally.

So basically, the Ducks stay as they are for now. I'll keep going back to things throughout this series (it's gonna take a WHILE to finish), so I may revisit it later.

I hope to have the Thrashers up soon.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Uni-Home.png

Don't get me wrong, I like the whole concept, but...

...am I the only one seeing the original movie jerseys in this? Not point for point in the design, but coloring wise.

Don't get me wrong, I like the whole concept, but...

...am I the only one seeing the original movie jerseys in this? Not point for point in the design, but coloring wise.

The green and yellow, yes, but male mallards are green with yellow/orange bills, so the scheme makes sense. The original movie jerseys were green, yellow, black and purple. I didn't really pay any attention to that until you mentioned it, but seeing it now doesn't change my opinion of the concept at all. I still love it.

mightyducks.jpg

I don't see it. The yellows don't match, the greens don't match, and I didn't use purple. And DelayedPenalty is correct: I used colors from a mallard.

I know this is going to sound strange...but its almost like the Duck head picture is too realistic.

Overall though this concept is amazing. At least in my eyes, even though I really never pay attention to hockey and could not do a hockey concept if I tried. Love the colors...even though the Oregon DUCKS have them too. But, this execution is 100x better than anything Oregon will ever do with that color scheme so I feel there is no reason to claim your color choice was unoriginal.

Great jorb!

#2: Atlanta Thrashers

Logo.png

For the Thrashers, I really like some things about their current identity, namely the nickname, the typeface, and the color scheme (once maroon/burgundy is removed). So I tried to give them an improved crest. I used a stylized silhouette of a thrasher in flight, set behind a T that is inspired by their old thrasher-T logo, which I liked.

The jerseys are a bit out there, but I think a newer franchise like the Thrashers really needs a non-traditional look. I used a lot of curved lines and streaky striping (which match the style of the primary logo), trying to invoke a bird-in-flight feel. The Thrashers wear light blue at home and have a dark blue alternate sweater. The alternate logo is simple, just an A with an outstretched wing behind it, but I think it works as an alternate. I had started to do a rendered thrasher, but it looked out of place and I'm going to be doing plenty of animal render logos before this is done. As I said in the Ducks discussion, I'm very open to changing the crest on the alternate sweater if anyone has an idea that I think will work better.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

I'm sure people will take issue with the color choices on the road sweater, how there is a lack of yellow in the striping. I tried other treatments (such as having more striping, but it got VERY busy), but I wanted to keep the focus on the two blues. So this is, I think, the best solution for where I wanted to go with this concept.

I like the Thrashers set a lot. The logo is awesome, except the tripronged object is kind of weird and seems to just be a filler. The angle of the top two prongs are too obtuse if you are trying to create a T. If you are going for a T, I would just decrease the angels of those and it would look much better and less like a filler. The jerseys are a little busy, but could easily be simplified. It's a great design, though. I don't like the alternate logo that much, or the jersey for that matter. It isn't really bad, but compared to the primaries, it is less exciting if you get my drift. I also like that you dropped the darkish red color, it looks much better without it IMO. I'd say this is an improvement overall.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Effective redesign for the Thrashers. Getting rid of the burgandy meant getting rid of the primary burgandy bird and vice versa. Their current primary is too busy with all the swooshes of color. Your logos for them are very appropriate for the NHL. The bird looks graceful, fast, and powerful. I like your jersey designs better than what they have now, but what, no Atlanta down on sleeve? Just kidding! You're right they could use a modern style for being such a new team.

Can't wait to see the next 28(?) teams.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

When I saw this concept I raised my eyebrows and my jaw dropped!! The wordmark is awesome. The logo is fantastic. And the uniforms look incredible!

Again, I dont know squat about Hockey uniforms but this really impressed me! I wish i could make stuff like this!

Ducks: Unis are great, it's kind of the simplification that I would want Calgary to make when it comes to striping (the template reminded me of them). Colors work well, too. Still, I don't really like the logo. I don't know exactly what it is, I just don't like the way the mallard looks, and the wings are too straight-edged to work with the curves.

Thrashers: Very good, the way you used the loose T shape from their current package and put the bird behind it works well. I like the template you came up with for the jerseys. Overall it's a very good looking set. Two suggestions would be to maybe add a little yellow to the white jerseys and to simplify the alts - the arms are a little too over-designed for my taste.

mightyducks.jpg

I don't see it. The yellows don't match, the greens don't match, and I didn't use purple. And DelayedPenalty is correct: I used colors from a mallard.

Again, I'm not knocking it. I like it. All I said was that it reminded me of the movie jersey.

The end.

Archived