My NHL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Bring back the orange!

However... personally, whenever I see the Flyers I still think Broad Street Bullies. Big, bad, and bold. I think your new design kind of takes away from that. The numbers and logos are too thin with too many serifs for my taste. That being said, I agree with some posters here, the Flyers current identity is difficult to improve on. I don't think they really need to "modernize" because they're one of the few teams that really remind me of the good ol' days. They haven't changed much since their inception.

Maybe if you just make those lines thicker it would help.

duck_sig.jpg

Not a huge fan of the gold. Maybe adding some silver like the old third jersey would work a bit better. I love the orange dominant jersey, I love the mostly white away jersey and love the third jersey and logo. Having said all that... while the new logo is very, very well done, I 'm not a fan of changing the logo. Its too classic.

I think your work has been absolutely awesome so far in this series!! And I Can't wait to see the rest of the league.

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

Flyers have been updated. On the home and road jerseys, I switched out the pewter/gold for a silver color. I must admit, it does look good and is an improvement. I also straightened the stripes on the sleeves beneath the numbers. I think this simplifies the striping a little bit, and eliminates some of the awkward angles.

However... personally, whenever I see the Flyers I still think Broad Street Bullies. Big, bad, and bold. I think your new design kind of takes away from that. The numbers and logos are too thin with too many serifs for my taste.

You're right about this. To me, the Flyers' name says smooth, sleek, fast; while their history says big, strong, tough. I made a conscious decision to try to change it up and develop an identity based on the former. Again, I don't think the Flyers need to change; this was just an experiment to see what I could come up with.

I think that puts the nail in the Flyers concept coffin. Next team should be up today or tomorrow.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

#23: Phoenix Coyotes

Logo.png

I think the Coyotes' current alternate logo (the running coyote) is their best, so I used it as a starting point and developed this snarling coyote to match it. I used a shape common in the art and motifs of southwestern tribes in the circle. Also, I changed the color scheme, adding burnt orange, sand, and brown. The sand color is used only in the logos and the alternate jersey, and the brown is only in the logos. The focus is on maroon and orange, which I think work very well together (a la Virginia Tech).

I struggled with the uniforms for a while. I did all kinds of iterations, with patterns and piping and strange shapes. But I kept coming back to the current uniforms, and their striking simplicity. Something about that attracted me, so I went with a very conservative design: two stripes on the sleeves and socks, no waist stripes. It's clean and fresh, and I think the 'Yotes will be distinguishable from other teams I've done by that simplicity, and by their unique colors. The orange stripes also include the southwestern pattern. The patch on the shoulders uses the coyote paw print, the southwestern pattern, and crossing sticks.

For the alternate, I definitely wanted an orange jersey with the (slightly modified) running coyote logo. The striping pattern began on the sleeves, where I was trying to get a canyon/mesa look going on. In the end, I dropped it on the waist in favor of simpler diagonal striping, but I kept it on the sleeves because I liked the way it interacted with the piping. And I thought the overall look was working. I'm open to reevaluating that, though.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I too echo the statment about needing something along the hem it just looks really plain(kind of like a practise jersey). The third jersey is probally the best design in this entire thread and is easily my favourite one you have done so far.

Blackhawks.pngBulls.png

It'd be better if all the sand was white instead. I think that would make the jerseys pop more. I also echo what has been said about a yoke or a coloured collar on the road jersey.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived