My NHL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Canuck fan, I'm not really feeling this design. Your version of the Johnny Canuck head is better than the one the Canucks have now, but I really don't see the need to change the existing colours. The Canuck fanbase has embraced the current blue and green as the Canuck colours. Your blue seems darker, and I don't think thats an improvement, it seems a little too close to the current Oiler's blue.

I don't particularly care for the piping or side V stripes on the jerseys. I think the V shaped stripes work on the arms, but I've never cared for those kind of "kidney stripes" on any jersey. I don't think they show up well when you watch a game either in person or on TV.

I'm not sure the full body Johnny Canuck works as a primary jersey logo, but thats not a criticism of your design, I've felt that way since the Canucks started selling T-shirts with a huge version of that logo on them. I feel like the logo needs something around it, either being contained within a circle or some sort of background.

I totally agree with you about the current Script and Orca being a bad choice. The Canucks should have gone whole hog when they changed the uniforms a few years ago and ditched the whale identity entirely.

The Canuck ones are not among your better ideas.

I would have liked to have seen something closer to what they have now--just ditch the Orca.

The alternate could work--and doing a green one fits the team.

But I'd agree on the shading--the blue is too dark.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

here we go again. stop trying to grab all of the attention and just stop posting concepts.

-im not saying that to you, dgn, im making a point about what the rest of you sound like.

So would a 100mph fastball get attention?

I applaud the fact that he has almost gotten through the entire series. A lot of times these start, get through a couple and then die away.

I've enjoyed most of the concepts he's presented in this thread, some of them I like a lot, and I would like to see many elements of these concepts adopted.

Especially most of the Alternates.

There are some clunkers, but when you're doing 3 unis for 30 teams, well, the odds are some won't work.

But his success rate is pretty good.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Well crap....I go through the entire thread after I posted and missed it.

But as far as C&C goes, really love the Coyotes and the Flyers. Aren't any misses in here, except for the Rangers. Like the idea of seperating the shoulder like you did, but the execution could have been better.

After decades of trying to find an identity, the last thing the Canucks need is ugly piping, vertical striping and more senseless logo changes. As a fan I'm not feeling this logo or jersey at all. The logos look too cartoony and the uniforms are just wrong. They make no link to the past and look destined to be forgotten.

The current Canucks' identity only needs minor tweaking and the removal of the Orca logo. That's it. As far as their third is concerned, it was one of the top selling jerseys last season. I've heard it may have actually been the top selling sweater.

DEATH TO REEBOK

i'm being spoiled when i say this but i wish you would give the blues alternate logo another shot. I have alot of ideas but just not the talent on the computer (I can draw but don't have the programs).

I honestly do not like your Lightning away (white) jersey. I think the inconsistency of the logo's and uniform design is a poor choice. If you are going to use arm stripes, i think they should be broken up and textured like lightning bolts or go with the away jersey design (I really enjoyed this one!).

As for the Canucks, I thought it was too much green. Canucks fans are too head over heals with Johnny Canuck. Jesus, How about you reinvent the skate design? Make it look like you can actually tell what it is? Man, I know you can work with this a little more and make this golden. Maybe bring back the "V" jersey as a shoulder logo and incorporate all the history and make us crap our pants lol.

Again, I have alot of ideas and I know its different actually putting it on "paper" but give me chance, I have some good ideas in this "brain" I call a "brain".

good job bud, just a few suggestions.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

#30: Washington Capitals

Logo.png

Here's Washington, the final team. I updated the logo, using the three stars and two stripes from the DC flag. For the uniforms, I wanted a modern look that used thin lines (piping) to mimic the thinness of the letters in the logo. I also used the three stars beneath the sleeve numbers. The eagle/Capitol logo is on the shoulders. The alternate is all blue, with simple striping. It's a very different look from the home and away, so I think it makes a good alternate. The eagle/Capitol logo is on the chest.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

#30: Washington Capitals

Logo.png

Here's Washington, the final team. I updated the logo, using the three stars and two stripes from the DC flag. For the uniforms, I wanted a modern look that used thin lines (piping) to mimic the thinness of the letters in the logo. I also used the three stars beneath the sleeve numbers.

This was the greatest set from a long time on this forum!

Congrats!!

:flagcanada:

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

It looks good, but whenever I see someone just spoof up the current/vintage Caps stuff I wish that someone would create a logo instead of just a word mark (other than an alternate logo). The jerseys are a big improvement, although the stars on the sleeves may be a bit much.

Archived