My NHL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one problem I have with the Flames concept is not something that you came up with, but is something that the team already does. I would like to see the players names and captains' patches match the numbers and logo when it comes to colours. It looks awkward having no yellow in them. Other than that great work! I am enjoying your concepts a lot and am looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

The best part of this concept and series has got to be the logos you have made.

I totally agree. These logos are really unique, they're fun to look at and say "what if", and they are really what I enjoy looking at the most in your NHL redesign. The Flames look great by the way.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

I'm a little disappointed in myself that I haven't commented on this thread yet. This is truly amazing! Nice work all around: creative, but still good-looking. So, I'll go team-by-team.

Ducks: Wow. The logo is really nice, the colors are perfect, the jersey style is unique and clean, and the alt is a sort of whacky, totally different look that still looks great.

Thrashers: I feel that this identity is a little too busy. There is just a little too much going on with all the piping, and the logo is a little on the complicated side. That said, it still manages to look okay and the colors are good.

Bruins: Not much to say about the home and road, but the alt is certainly creative. I'm not sure I like it, but it is definitely unique and the striping style is pretty nice.

Sabres: The logo feels a little on the awkward side, and the buffalo looks a little left out. Maybe if you put the buffalo behind the swords and made the blades a little longer so they were still visible it would work. The jerseys, however, are perfect. Absolutely no complaints. I'd love to see them in those, although the alternate "running buffalo" logo has some awfully spindly legs!

Flames: Really nice new logo. I'm loving the clean, simple style of the home and road, and the alternate counterbalances the traditional look of the primaries perfectly. Nice balance of colors, too.

All in all, absolutely excellent work as always dgnmrwrw. I'm really impressed with what you do in every sport!

scotland_fifasig.png

Glad the Flames seemed popular.

bmac, you're right about the car logo thing--it's leaning a bit toward the Ferrari horse logo (which is difficult to avoid because of the similar colors). I tried making the horse's mane look sort of like flames, but having him breathing fire is something I'll look at. I hope to have an update posted today.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Well, I'm still struggling to make a better logo. To make it work with both the swords and the buffalo (at least partly) inside the circle, I've got to shrink at least one of them down. Or both of them. And all that's getting me is a logo that's a boring recreation of the old logo: a plain circle with a flat image of a buffalo on top, and a flat image of swords beneath. I guess it's ok, if my goal was only to do a nearly-mirror image update of an old logo.

But I really feel that what I had originally is still a stronger (and certainly much less boring) logo, so for now I'm gonna keep it up. I'll keep working on this one, because it's driving me crazy, but I want to move forward with the project. So hopefully I'll have the next team up soon.

I know I'm late to the game on this, but I like the swords being in front of the buffalo as it doesn't visualize that the animal is being decapitated. However, can you improve on the horns in contrast to the weapons?

once again, I do not follow hockey and therefore really do not know much about the uniform template...but you continue to make me soil myself!! This Calgary concept is amazing! I would even buy that third jersey!!

Only gripe I have is the Buffalo logo. Move the swords out of the face. If you did that it would be perfect.

The logo looks good, but its a little too placid for a jersey logo. If you were to use it though, I would use a thin white border around the black wings (and the circle part). I really like the introduction of green, but I dislike the yellow 3rd jersey big time.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm a fan of the Flames' pre-Edge look, so I like this, but I wish you would have fixed the one thing that really bothers me about Calgary's red and black look. I would much rather have the numbers and logo in gold with black and white trim. I'm just not a fan of black numbers on a dark jersey, and the black flame has always bothered me.

The Ferrari logo is good, but I'd tweak it a bit to make it looks more like an actual horse looks like when rearing aggressively: Wide eyes with the whites showing, nostrils flared, and teeth bared.

I'm really enjoying this topic. I think that the Atlanta Thrashers concept may be one of the strongest i've ever seen. The Home and Alternate designs are stellar but the Away is absolutely brilliant. It's clean and just what the team needs. I would buy this jersey, the entire uniform flows well! good job, i'm impressed.

I like the idea of the Bruins alternate, but I've never been a fan of the Brown color. I know it dates back to their history but I really don't see them using it if it would ever become a possibility. Would you be willing to try a yellow as a base?

I dig the flames concept as well. There's only so much you can do to certain teams logos before they lose that "feeling". The flames logo is as good as its going to get, kind of like montreal, its just classic. The alternate is cool, but there's so much you could do with the horse design. Maybe render up a few designs and see what pops out.

Do you have a list of teams you are working on or just as the ideas come? I'd love to see a few teams rebranded. I've yet to see a Blues or Red Wings concept thats really moved me. I think you have the potential to do that. Don't get me wrong, both logos are great. The Blues note is classic and may be as good as it gets but they could bring back the trumpet in a more modern design for the shoulder patch or something. The wings logo could be a bit modern, sharpen up the tips of the wings or add a bit more to it. I think the Flyers could even italicize their logo and sharpen the tips also.

This is a great topic, keep in going my friend.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Sorry for such a long delay... I was at the beach for a week, then I got backed up after I got home, and I've had to finish other things for work. I have many more concepts completed, but I hadn't posted yet because I was (still am) in the middle of trying to rework the 'Canes logo. But I think I should go ahead and proceed (and come back to finish the 'Canes when I can), because I have been sitting on several finished teams for a while.

So expect the (still in-progress) Hurricanes concept soon. And Korbyn, I had meant to do just what you suggested. I'll take care of it soon, as well.

#6: Carolina Hurricanes

Logo.png

... sort of. As I've said, I got side tracked by vacation and other projects, and I'm struggling to get this logo package together. I've gone down several different paths, and none of them seems to be going exactly where I want it. In general, I think the 'Canes secondary flag/Triangle logo is fantastic, and works great as a secondary logo and shoulder patch. I also actually think their primary logo works great: it's simple, it's mostly geometric and symmetric, and (as I've found out the hard way) it does a really effective job of putting into visual language the feel of the huge, nebulous idea that is a hurricane.

So, for the sake of feedback and progress on this, here are three ideas I've been playing with:

Sketch 1

Sketch 2

Sketch 3a

Sketch 3b

I'm kinda partial to the second sketch myself, because my initial goal was to go with sharper lines--more frantic movement, that sort of thing--than the current 'Canes primary. But I'd love any feedback I can get.

For now, the unis are based on an old 'Canes concept I produced, where I focused on giving them more standardized, more consistent striping. The final unis would be contingent on wherever the logo goes.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

Archived