New Bengals Uniforms Update

Jungle Jim

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I'm in an extremely small minority of people who like the Bills current uniforms and never liked the Bengals uniforms. These though are quite nice. If they made those side panels orange instead of white, and got an edgier number and letter font then you'd have a tounchdown.

At least I don't have to sue them.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I liked the old ones and never thought they needed a change. When the B logo came out, I got really nervous, and now that the total package is revealed, its like the Falcons and Bills designers got together and made up these little outfits.

I have to admit they aren't desperately bad, I think the newness of them will wear off after a while and when the next six league redesigns follow this trend, they'l probably (and sadly) end up looking normal to us all.

My biggest problem with them is the inconsistency between the numbers, each jersey is so different, despite having the same drop shadows, but all carry very different weights. Each of the jerseys contain very differnt contrasts between the drop shadows and the numbers, with the orange jersey featuring a very sharp contrast, and the other two so-so contrasts.

I don't know if that last paragraph made sense, but the numbers, in addition to the style of the football jerseys carry a lot more weight to team identity than say baseball or basketball jerseys, which are more readily identifiable as the team name or logo makes up a significant part of the jersey.

A shame these jerseys are now in the league.

those shoulder yokes on the white uniforms don't really look all that bad on Palmer.

Those side panels on the jerseys are terrible. Scrap those and the white and orange top part of the part stripe. Just have the stripe be full black and orange on the pants.

Finally, the B on the front. no no no no no. Either have the full wordmark or nothing, but that big crappy B looks, well, crappy.

I really wish they'd use that tiger head more. It's such a good logo. However, it does look wierd when flipped on a helmet.

I didn't like these when the first pictures came out. I'm still not convinced, but they look a heckuva lot better when players in pads are wearing them.

I agree with Nitro that the white paneling transitioning into the tiger stripes on the pants is inventive. But it looks kind of abrupt. If you look closely at the pattern -- unless i'm seeing it wrong -- it's not a smooth transition from the tiger stripes to the white. It seems kinda awkard.

I wish they had put some orange tiger stripes on the white side panels. It would have looked more in sync with the little white area on the top part of the stripes on the pants. But then again, the whole uni may have looked out of sync with half of the side being white and orange the other half being orange and black. Just a few thoughts.

The numbers look photoshopped on. They're blurry and indistinct, very unlike the rest of the jersey. EDIT: never mind... my bad... they DID look blurry and indistinct

The black jersey gets a thumbs up from me. Assuming that it's just a seamless transition into sleeve tiger stripes.

The white jersey gets a thumbs down. Orange sleeves with tiger stripes... maybe... but a Bills-esque orange top of the jersey? NO. BAD. Get away from me!

The orange jersey gets a thumbs up. For not having a different top.

2/3 ain't bad, but that white jersey sure is.

EDIT: White side panels? Why? What's the point?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't hate them as much as when I first saw them, but there's something about them that bothers me that I can't quite put my finger on...I'm thinking it's the numbering...not sure if it's the drop shadow or the font...

BTW, here's a good view of the transition from the site CBOhioU linked to:

IMG_0016_1.jpg

Here is a site with 33 pictures from the ceremony tonight:

I like the unis - however, the pictures they took from the press conference is very amature. The pictures are poorly done - I guess they didn't hire a professional.

Other than that - Go Bengals!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Major problems:

- Number font.

- White side panel transitioning into orange/black striping.

Minor problems:

- "B" logo under collar instead of wordmark.

- Orange yoke on white jersey shoulders (looked awful at first, but thank god it isn't a horizontal line across the front of the jersey like the Bills).

- Orange stripes on black background (no real tiger has this).

Oh no. Say it isn't so.

The new uniforms are a joke. Awful. Its like they took Denver and Atlanta, added black and orange and let my 5 year old finish the job.

Seriously, the new duds are laughable. The Bengal fans can stand up for 'em, but man, I'd be embarassed to wear one of those "things"...

Archived