Alaskan Baseball League Rebrand

raysox

Main.png

So with the overload of MLB redesigns going on... There's 6 on the first page. I'm going to take another break from it, until it dies down(Mine was the original). I wanted to do something different in the concepts, rebranding a whole league. That League is the Alaskan Baseball League. Last summer, SI published an article that really interested me. It was about the Alaskan league. It was a prestigious summer league in Alaska for college players. Personally I think It would be cool to play up there. So it wasn't 'till today that I looked up the teams identities. Pretty much all the logos were weak. Including the League logo.(seen here) First I remade the main logo, which you can see above. I wanted to resemble the MLB logo, so I replaced the player with Alaska. I used the state flag blue, and a more golden yellow.

So I'm gonna do all 6 teams before I'm done. Starting with the next post.

Peninsula Oilers

Mat-Su Miners

Glacier Pilots

Alaska Goldpanners

Anchorage Bucs

Team 1/6 Peninsula Oilers

The actual team logo is just a lame Oilers cursive font, with (ugh) Bank Gothic "Peninsula", and "Baseball". I change up the colours, by making the red darker, keeping black, and adding a bronze. The main logo was influenced by the Brewers main logo. The cap is a P, and O on an oil drop. Also I added new scripts.

PEN.png

From what I see on the Oilers site, they don't have a grey jersey, so I made the away red. Nothing amazingly special about the jersey, just keeping it simple.

PENj.png

C&C

I remeber reading the article you mentioned. Very interesting. Meanwhile, great concept. Excellent work all around. The only thing that I thought of would be to possibly outline the script and numbers with black so they are a bit sharper. Otherwise, great job. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

It looks good, I love the bronze. The logos are all fairly simple, but sharp. The only suggestion I could make would be to use a bit more black in the outline to add some distinction.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Nice to see something other than MLB threads everywhere you look. I like this idea, and the Oilers concept looks great. It's simple, but I think it works. Nice job.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

excellent concept idea here. I used to go to 49ers games all the time in Fairbanks. All the teams in the league could use an overhaul and i like where you started with the oilers. solid logos but i think the uniforms are a tad plain. I think that you should take the oil drop without the PO and put it on one of the sleeves and then take the secondary bronze/gold color and add another thin stripe on the sleeves with the red and black on the away just for some pop. other than that awesome job!

I'll be watching this one

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

Team 2/6 Mat-Su Miners

Alright, so with my second team it's for the Mat-Su Miners. Not much to say on the logos, except the main is Miners on a diamond with pick-axes in back. I used an 80s Blue Jay type font, just trying to be different. The tertiary is an M on a pick-ax.

MS1.png

The jerseys are inspired by the sip up jerseys. I love that design.

MSj.png

So no decision on who's next. I'll take requests if you'd like.

Comments appreciated.

I like your concepts so far, they really look nice. your ABL logo doesn't have a realistic looking chain of islands off the coast, I forget what they're called at the moment but I know its not one giant, thin strip of land. so fix that and your set. :P

EDIT: The ALEUTIAN ISLANDS! that's what they're called. sorry i forgot. haha :P

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

I like your concepts so far, they really look nice. your ABL logo doesn't have a realistic looking chain of islands off the coast, I forget what they're called at the moment but I know its not one giant, thin strip of land. so fix that and your set. :P

Agreed.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

It looks good, except for what BJ said about the axes. They are very sloppy and kinda dull. I really like the font, I think it works well with the team and the jerseys are good as well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Miners fixed.

Team 3/6 Glacier Pilots

Alright so this one was fairly simple. I made new scripts, and tertiary logos. I kept the secondary as the one they use. It's a pilot that I traced from a picture. Kinda came out rough, but it'll do. I also made the colours Royal blue, and powder blue.

GLA.png

The jerseys similar to the Brewers. No chest piping, but 2 colour sleeve piping. I made the numbers, and name the same look as the script.

GLAj.png

Most likely the Bucs next. I just need a primary logo.

I plan to make my jerseys on an action template. I had my Miners one done completely, but accidentally pressed don't save. Grrrrr doing that, and making it JPEG grind my gears.

Miners fixed.

Team 3/6 Glacier Pilots

Alright so this one was fairly simple. I made new scripts, and tertiary logos. I kept the secondary as the one they use. It's a pilot that I traced from a picture. Kinda came out rough, but it'll do. I also made the colours Royal blue, and powder blue.

GLA.png

The jerseys similar to the Brewers. No chest piping, but 2 colour sleeve piping. I made the numbers, and name the same look as the script.

GLAj.png

Most likely the Bucs next. I just need a primary logo.

I plan to make my jerseys on an action template. I had my Miners one done completely, but accidentally pressed don't save. Grrrrr doing that, and making it JPEG grind my gears.

That pilot looks an awful lot like the logo for the Schaumburg Flyers of the Northern League.

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ Was quoting my post really necessary? You could've just said, the Pilot logo looks like Schaumburg logo, and save the time it takes to scroll threw a concept.

4/6 Alaska Goldpanners

Next is the most famous team in the ABL. They host the Midnight sun game, a game started at midnight, because it's bright all summer long. This team has had players like Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, and Bobby Crosby. Hahahah, look what they said under Bonds's picture. I changed a few things, I made the colours darker for one, and actually made a cap logo. The tertiary is a baseball in a gold pan. I shortened the script to just Panners, so the jersey wouldn't be cluttered.

GP.png

On the jerseys, I put the GP logo on the hat, since now they have a star with the players number in it. I kept the blue alternate that they use now. On their jerseys now, they have a goldpanner under the script, so I replaced it with numbers. I used the Phill's numbers, because they somewhat resembled the script.

GPj.png

C&C

Oilers: pretty good design, but I feel like I have seen you use this font before, and it's pretty messy, like most of your concepts, you really should consider using vectormagic.

Miners: I like this one, but I think it would be way better if you simplified the ax into a silhouette and got rid of the gray altogether.

Pilots: mmm I don't really know what you were thinking when you posted that primary, because it is awful, sorry, it is just a mess of lines, the perspective is all wrong, and that's if you can even figure out what it is supposed to be. The scripts are generic and the light blue is hard to make out, this just needs a lot of work.

Panners: not too bad, but I would like to see some type of gold imagery rather than just a "sunburst" type thing, and the cap logo would be way better if you found a way to actually interlock the letters.

One thing about all of these: make sure you use gray pants on the roads, that's just a basic thing but a few of these lack the gray.

Archived