Oreo changes packaging!

BadSeed84

I went to target today, and saw oreo's was on sale & looks different! Looks as if going simple is the way to go. Initially I am not a big fan of the change (I thought it was a generic brand) but I suppose i'll see if it grows on me.

oreol.jpg

Hmmm... their website still shows all the current packaging.

Also, don't use an apostrophe to pluralize. It reflects poorly on the Philadelphia school system. :P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No, I'm not a fan. I do like simple, but for some reason this just doesn't work. I don't like how every brand is falling into this 'throwback' style; it only works for some products. In addition, I dislike how every brand now feels the need to use these plain, unaltered, sans serif fonts. Yes sans serif does work for a lot of logos, but not all. Oreo had a great identity, I don't see why they need to change, but if this is just part of a 'throwback' deal, fine, I just wouldn't like to see it being used permanently.

I can't think of any old-timey food packaging that has a high-resolution photo of the product on the front. Seems like an update to me.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

I can't think of any old-timey food packaging that has a high-resolution photo of the product on the front. Seems like an update to me.

That was my thought too when I said (typed) it, but I wasn't sure. I think the Ritz box had the same hi-res photo of a cracker on it. Maybe it's a Target specific thing like burgundy suggested.

It's about time they made the package properly, I hated when you took the oreo tray out and then had to put it back in and the clear wrapper inside tore and wouldn't fit in proper. Opening it like that, superb.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

It's about time they made the package properly, I hated when you took the oreo tray out and then had to put it back in and the clear wrapper inside tore and wouldn't fit in proper. Opening it like that, superb.

They've had the pull-tab for a while now.

spacer.png

i'm not digging these plain jane looks certain companes/brands are adopting. f'in awful

The economy is a bitch, ain't it?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They've had the pull-tab for a while now.

I know, but I still can't stand it.

I don't think Oreo was really a brand that needed to go old-school. It's a delicious, fun product, marketed to kids and the young at heart, and as such, should likely maintain a certain degree of whimsy.

No, this isn't a fakepost. This is boring. If I tried feeding my kids these Oreos instead of the ones with the wacky OreOs bag, they'd run me out of town on a rail. Oh, nabisco.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived