New Aba Logos

Ez Street

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody else notice something very wrong with this basketball? Perhaps the fact that they added another section to the basketball from out of nowhere? Don't they know what a basketball looks like? It completely throws off the ABA basketball look!

It's so sad, I can't even laugh....

I know the ABA has a ton of problems, but this is actually not one of them. The ABA actually introduced a new ball this season. It is mentioned at the end of the following news release.

http://www.abalive.com/news/releases/20040121.html

Here is a not very good photo of the ball as well. Its hard to see the panels, although the league did change the league logo to match the new ball as well.

http://aba.summitmg.com/aba/dept.asp?dept%...2PH3NHV5B0184F1

I would love to see the designers on this board help out ALL of the ABA teams. They can certainly use all the help they can get.

Well, we have another logo to look forward to, Minot, ND got a team, the Minot City Freeze... the name has been done before, Fargo had a football team named the Freeze a few years ago. listen to this statement from the ABA co-founder...

'Quite frankly, we deliberated whether we should add a team in Minot; it is kind of remote from our other teams and it is very cold there.'

Since when does the weather have to do with anything?!?! Does the ABA play outdoor basketball, what a dumb comment.

Yeah,but remember when Minot had a team in the old IBL, with Winnipeg, Fargo, god knows how many Rapid City teams...for a city of about 30k, they drew amazingly well. They probably drew from Brandon as well, another 30k...

But it's all for naught. Eventually this league is gonna go down like Traci Lords, and Master P will once again be looking around, eyes wide, asking "Wha' Happened?"

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Anybody else notice something very wrong with this basketball? Perhaps the fact that they added another section to the basketball from out of nowhere? Don't they know what a basketball looks like? It completely throws off the ABA basketball look!

It's so sad, I can't even laugh....

I know the ABA has a ton of problems, but this is actually not one of them. The ABA actually introduced a new ball this season. It is mentioned at the end of the following news release.

http://www.abalive.com/news/releases/20040121.html

Here is a not very good photo of the ball as well. Its hard to see the panels, although the league did change the league logo to match the new ball as well.

http://aba.summitmg.com/aba/dept.asp?dept%...2PH3NHV5B0184F1

I would love to see the designers on this board help out ALL of the ABA teams. They can certainly use all the help they can get.

Based on this, i'd say they actually DID invent a ball with extra sections... or am I just counting wrong?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, we have another logo to look forward to, Minot, ND got a team, the Minot City Freeze... the name has been done before, Fargo had a football team named the Freeze a few years ago. listen to this statement from the ABA co-founder...

'Quite frankly, we deliberated whether we should add a team in Minot; it is kind of remote from our other teams and it is very cold there.'

Since when does the weather have to do with anything?!?! Does the ABA play outdoor basketball, what a dumb comment.

Yeah,but remember when Minot had a team in the old IBL, with Winnipeg, Fargo, god knows how many Rapid City teams...for a city of about 30k, they drew amazingly well. They probably drew from Brandon as well, another 30k...

But it's all for naught. Eventually this league is gonna go down like Traci Lords, and Master P will once again be looking around, eyes wide, asking "Wha' Happened?"

yeah Minot likes their BBall.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

A little odd though that they didn't aim for the CBA, which is more of a bus league than this thing...I have no idea how teams are really gonna get in & out of MInot...unless they fly to the Cities, take a commuter flight to Hector Airport in Fargo, then bus in...which is gonna suck.

Josh, does Minot have a regional airport? Or just a bus depot? Any idea?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

A little odd though that they didn't aim for the CBA, which is more of a bus league than this thing...I have no idea how teams are really gonna get in & out of MInot...unless they fly to the Cities, take a commuter flight to Hector Airport in Fargo, then bus in...which is gonna suck.

Josh, does Minot have a regional airport? Or just a bus depot? Any idea?

i've only been there twice, but I assume they have a small airport, and of course the Air Force Base.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Unless there is some unseen agreement for them to use and modify IUPUI's logo (which would be EXTREMELY unusual and ill-advised), the ABA and the Jammers deserve to be thrown to the wolves, honestly. And if the university isn't aware of what is occuring, I feel it's our duty as a logo/uniform community to call out offenders like this when we see them.

Hey check this out nitro and everyone else. I took nitros idea of emailing one of these two teams so I decided to email the thief, Jammers, I sent them this...

----- Original Message -----

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:10:54 -0500

To: motownjammers@usa.com

Subject: Copyright Infringement?

> "Your" new logo looks like an exact replica and recolorization of the IUPUI

> Jaguars. Pretty pathetic for professional designers.

>

> I have attached a copy of "your" logo and THEIR logo if you need help

> comparing.

>

>

> visit http://www.chriscreamer.com <---- Visit the forums for designers or

> http://www.idonovan.ca if you want a real logo designed for your team.

>

> These two websites are in no way affiliated with me. I'm just letting you

> know that it's pretty bad when a semi-pro (or are you pro) team has to take

> from a collegiate organization.

And they replied with:

Sent : Saturday, March 27, 2004 12:35 PM

To : " Greg Mosher" <gpmosher@hotmail.com>

Subject : Re: Copyright Infringement?

You are correct! We will immediately have the existing logo replaced and our designer removed. Thank you for the heads-up. Are aim is to operate on a professional level. Our marketing team will be notified.

Also, thank you very much for the two refrences, we will definitely be in the market for a new designer.

Sincerely,

Motown Jammers

So all you guys post what you think the Jammers logo should look like and iDon start sketching.

Well, that's good news that they know now.

However, I am a little bit bothered by how you elevated iDonovan above the rest of the community. Don't get me wrong: I think iDon does very nice work and I have nothing personal against him, but when you're trying to get work sent to us, it doesn't seem very fair to the community here to promote one designer over the others. You guys may not agree with me on that, but that's how I feel.

"Are aim"...?

Well, so much for spell-check.

Anyway, I certainly agree about the promotion-thing. We should be pointing them to this board, not necessarily to guy over the other.

However, personally I would hire Nitroseed in a second if I needed a new logo...

Archived