Omaha Golden Spikes

Bmac

The Omaha Golden Spikes were a minor league baseball team in 1999. They played in the Pacific Coast League. They were originally the Omaha Royals, and after a few seasons, switched back to the Omaha Royals which stiil play in the PCL today.

Recently, there has been talk of bringing another minor league baseball team to Omaha. So, a few months ago, I put together some logos for the Spikes if they were to be that new team. The main idea of the logos are based off of the original Golden Spikes logo. Again, I made these a few months ago, so please don't be too harsh. I was going through some files and thought I would shre these ideas. So C+C on the logos please.

Here is what I put together for the main logo. It is based on the original Golden Spikes logo. I am not 100% sure I will keep the fonts I used, but back when I made them I thought they looked good. The logo features a golden spike in front of a baseball.

spikeslogo.png

This next logo was originally made as a shoulder patch.

spikesshoulderpatch.png

Then I made this as the shoulder logo, but I can't decide which is better. Your thoughts?

spikesshoulderpatch2.png

IMO, the baseball looks better. What do you think?

I like it. It needs a few changes though. The details inside the spike are too sharp and angled. If you make these smoother with curves it will help convey that the spike is gold and shiny. Right now it looks like it's made out of some rock. The font will work but I think you should change the current outline to white and then put a thicker blue outline around that. Try adding a shadow to the baseball to make it appear round. I really like the idea for the cap logo. I would buy a cap like that.

I really want to see this developed further. Pretty good so far.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I wouldn't have thought Omaha was big enough for two teams...would the new team be indy or single A? (AA's out of the question, obviously)...anyways if you ask me which secondary logo I prefer, definitely the second one without the script. cus that script....well, it aint my favorite of even recent times, and i'll leave it at that.

BUMP. This wasn't on the first page very long because there were many other new concepts posted right after mine. I wanted to get a little more feedback before I move on to uniforms.

welcome to my world, man :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That script looks really generic and microsoft word-ish. And copperplate...meh. I don't really know what the significance of the spike is, but, in my opinion, it really can't function as a solid primary logo, I know the baseball is in the background but it's still pretty bland, try crossing the spike with a bat or something.

Archived