Arena Football Re-Design Project

vicfurth

I love what you are doing here. It reminds me how much I miss the AFL. Anyway, on to the concepts...

-Arizona: The modern piping is great and I liked that you kept the same pattern from the old uniform. The black jersey is nice except for the number/name coloring.

-Georgia: I'm not a fan of the bolts going up the side of the jersey. It looks cool on the pants but I've never liked it on the jersey. Maybe go back to using on the yoke or around the shoulders or something.

-Tampa Bay: I'm not feelin' this one. The colts stripes just don't jive with arena-ball in my head. I liked the idea of gold pants though.

Can't wait to see the next installment!

I think maybe the Storm concept is a bit too simple/traditional for an AFL team. I'm fine with the Colts-esque stripes on the shoulders, but maybe I would have gone with a triple stripe and left their numbers the same. That way, you'd the style of the stripes would still match the style of the numbers, but it wouldn't be quite so simplistic, and it would have more depth. I'm kinda torn on the helmet: I'm so used to what they've had all these years. But yours looks good, and losing the gray facemask is probably a good idea. I agree with bmac that the blue color is kind of light and desaturated (washed-out).

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Sorry I didn't catch this until the middle of concept #3, but here goes:

1. Arizona - I really like the idea behind this entire set. The colors go well together. The striping works well with the solids, and the overall choice to relegate black to an alternate has some merit. I think this is a solid concept. "A"

2. Georgia - Not bad, my friend. Black and blue are hard to mix and match well. The onlt thing I have a hard time with is the lightnng bolt on the 2nd jersey. But, I think that is more due to my monitor than your concept. Again, well executed. "A-"

3. Tampa Bay - I always thought that the storm swirl would be better as a separate element on the logo and you have just proven my instincts correct. I think I would prefer a gold storm on a navy blue helmet though, unless you can do a double outline (gold logo, outlined in navy, then in white) and keep it looking balanced on the gold helmet shell. I also agree that the navy looks to light and needs to be darker. As it currently stands, "B-"

Keep going. I think your series has a lot to be pleased with.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived