OKC Thunder Concept

RichNCreamy

It looks okay... is that not the same basketball-shaped thing you used in the other concept? Also I think that is supposed to be a cloud, but it looks like the ball is sleeping on a pillow. Lastly, the "Oklahoma City" font really needs to be changed. Not too bad overall though.

It is good you have made the name a bit more relevant in the logo, but still no lightning, which would help represent thunder, is to be found. Also, I think you should try to make this logo without the basketball, because I've never understood why every single basketball logo ever has to have a basketball. Otherwise it looks good; I like the wordmark though the "Oklahoma City" is a bit bland.

Yeah I know this one definitely needs more work. I'm messing around with a lightning bolt now. It might be a while before I get enough time to put up some pushes, but the C&C is always welcome...

Keep it coming!

yeah i agree with the criticism above. great colors, and i love the thunder font, but the oklahoma city font needs work and the basketball/cloud thing needs some work. pretty good though!

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

*UPDATE*

I've revisted this and have decided to go a different direction. I like the idea of using 'OKC' in the logo, which is the only thing I care for at all in their current look. Even though I like the 'Thunder' script and it got positive feedback here, it doesn't really fit in with this new concept so I dropped it. New color combo as well... C&C please!

OKCPresent.png

Pretty good update. I don't like the lightning that's shooting upward. It's distracting and it seems unnatural even though I heard that lightning can start on the ground and go up. Maybe you could redo the lightning on the bottom to be one of the "legs" of the 'K'. It would make the font a little bit more interesting. I hope you continue with this concept. I'd like to see it developed a little bit more.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

It's moving in the right direction, but I don't think it's there yet. The OKC combined with the lightning is really busy. And it blends together. Try differentiating between the two element more. The way the K overlaps the O makes it look like CKC when you first look at it. Finally I'm not too keen on the font, it looks more like times new roman than something a professional sports team would use, although I think you are on the right track with the darker gold highlights. I do like the way you did the cloud. Keep working on this one, it has a lot of potential.

Archived