A New Look for RKO Pictures

Slickster

I know nothing about RKO, it's history, it's old logos, or anything, so I can't really compare this to anything. That being said, at first glance, I really, really, like this. Not sure what the significance of the lightning bolt shape is, but it looks great cutting into the O.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, the studio famous for King Kong and Citizen Kane celebrates its 80th anniversary this year with a new logo and a new take on their legendary intro. Check it out at www.rko.com

rko.jpg

Nice tribute to the original intro. Here's a pic with the lightning bolts for comparison:

Rko.jpg

zzPEfBm.png

I had no idea they were still in existence. But the new logo reminds me of any number of :censored:ty 90's metal bands.

Crack the Sky is a late 70s-early 80s progressive rock band that was big in the Baltimore area, but never caught on nationally, not a ":censored: ty 90's metal band." In any event, the logo reminds me a little of this --

crackfront.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived