The Whale Is Officially Back!

Neon_Matrix

I made a post about a week or two weeks ago claiming that the Whalers will be making a comeback in the form of NHL licensed merchandise, not just through Retro Brand or Mitchell & Ness. I was told that apparel and jerseys would begin to appear sometime in the fall, but now it appears that just the jerseys will appear around that time. Recently these items have been released.

Whale1.jpg

Whale2.jpg

Whale3.jpg

I had to doctor these a tad bit, but otherwise, the shirts are real.

People still doubt me and my intel? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rest assured, when I know something solid about the jerseys, I will say what needs to be known.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Rest assured, when I know something solid about the jerseys, I will say what needs to be known.

"sayin what needs to be said"

i dunno what it is about those navy whale jerseys but they are near perfect...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Neon, I'm disappointed. I title was VERY misleading and got me way to happy. After a long day outside, I thought I missed some major news :P

Anyway, they look nice. I'm happy they didn't butcher the logos like M&N did with the hats they recently released. The ones they released make you look like a fool (thankfully I already own many original Whalers hats, so I don't need their inaccurate crap). Depending on the price, you bet I'll be purchasing these shirts.

Also, does NHL release sales reports? One year from now, I'd like to see how the Whalers merchandise stacks up against the Nordiques, Jets, etc. merchandise. I'm sure one year from now, the Whalers will be #1, because they're the newest team to be released in this line, but if the Whale was released from the beginning, I wonder if they would be the top seller?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Neon, I'm disappointed. I title was VERY misleading and got me way to happy. After a long day outside, I thought I missed some major news :P

Anyway, they look nice. I'm happy they didn't butcher the logos like M&N did with the hats they recently released. The ones they released make you look like a fool (thankfully I already own many original Whalers hats, so I don't need their inaccurate crap). Depending on the price, you bet I'll be purchasing these shirts.

Also, does NHL release sales reports? One year from now, I'd like to see how the Whalers merchandise stacks up against the Nordiques, Jets, etc. merchandise. I'm sure one year from now, the Whalers will be #1, because they're the newest team to be released in this line, but if the Whale was released from the beginning, I wonder if they would be the top seller?

Well to be fair, I posted in "Sports Logos" and not "Sports in General." :P

I'm glad this stuff gets your seal of approval. I thought it looked great, and I like the copyright NHL at the bottom of the logo. I REALLY wish I could find out the background to their reacquisition of the identity, but I am sure we'll hear some news about it in the fall when the jerseys are supposed to come out. I love the look of my Retro Brand shirt (even with the blue outline) but I am tempted to pick up the white shirt... just looks soo good!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well to be fair, I posted in "Sports Logos" and not "Sports in General." :P

I'm glad this stuff gets your seal of approval. I thought it looked great, and I like the copyright NHL at the bottom of the logo. I REALLY wish I could find out the background to their reacquisition of the identity, but I am sure we'll hear some news about it in the fall when the jerseys are supposed to come out. I love the look of my Retro Brand shirt (even with the blue outline) but I am tempted to pick up the white shirt... just looks soo good!!

I'm almost positive that the copyright expired in, I want to say, September of 2008? Obviously the state didn't pick it up and perhaps the NHL jumped all over the opportunity. Can't blame them really - the Whale is a goldmine.

what the hell is ccslc?

Whale2.jpg

Oh, this is just a whole bucket o' Want. Good to see someone realized there's money to be had from the Whalers. I may even have to buy a new navy jersey - I still have an original one, but it's got my own name and number on the back. Hey, cut me some slack, I was 19 at the time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have that jersey and have been debating who to get on it. I'm thinking either Pronger or Coffey.

-Dan

I guess if you wanted to go for star power, then yes, those are good choices. However, if you wanna go the "fan favorite" route, might I suggest Sean Burke or Geoff Sanderson? Could also go REALLY obscure with a Robert Kron!

Also, the shirts have officially hit eBay! Sadly, most are larges or extra larges, when I take a medium or small. Check this one out, it's a beauty!

BS4iW6gBWkKGrHgoH-D8EjlLlyV52BKFbu9.jpg

And yes, I will be posting in this threat a lot, but can you blame me? :P

what the hell is ccslc?

I have that jersey and have been debating who to get on it. I'm thinking either Pronger or Coffey.

-Dan

I guess if you wanted to go for star power, then yes, those are good choices. However, if you wanna go the "fan favorite" route, might I suggest Sean Burke or Geoff Sanderson? Could also go REALLY obscure with a Robert Kron!

What, no love for Kevin Dineen?

(or Jason Muzzatti?)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"sayin what needs to be said"

i dunno what it is about those navy whale jerseys but they are near perfect...

Maybe it's the contrast.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

-Dan

What, no love for Kevin Dineen?

(or Jason Muzzatti?)

I figured Kevin Dineen was implied. ^_^ But god help you if you slap "FRANCIS" on the back of that thing. He never wore the last style. I still shudder when I see navy "FRANCIS" and "SAMUELSSON" jerseys. (For the record, I hate Ulf Samuelsson).

Ahh, Jason Muzzatti. He was the consummate professional. And that was about it.

EDIT: Damn. The amount of Asian Whaler knockoff jerseys on eBay, that are clearly fake, just sickens and saddens me.

what the hell is ccslc?

-Dan

Also, the shirts have officially hit eBay! Sadly, most are larges or extra larges, when I take a medium or small. Check this one out, it's a beauty!

BS4iW6gBWkKGrHgoH-D8EjlLlyV52BKFbu9.jpg

And yes, I will be posting in this threat a lot, but can you blame me? :P

That one was there too, but the least interesting of the bunch. I chose what looked the prettiest. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Did Hartford count as a Boston team?

That's a very important question for me when deciding whether or not to wear any of this gear...

They played in the Boston Garden their first year of existence in the WHA. Not sure if that qualifies them as a "Boston" team for you though.

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived