Memphis Grizzlies

crkraider22

So I have been working on this for about a week now, trying to cominbe templates to create a complete presentation. A big thanks goes out to everyone that let me use their templates. I wanted to make the Griz more like-like when it comes to their logo, using a light and dark brown as the main colors. I figured that the light brown would work as a home uniform as a replacement for white. The side panels of the home and away are kind of like claw marks from a bear.

LogoPresentation.png

HomePresentation.png

AwayPresentation.png

AlternatePresentation.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Three pieces of advice/commentary:

There isn't enough difference between your two browns.

You may want to include white on the jerseys, because that light brown isn't nearly light enough to be a 'white' jersey.

You need to either take those crease-marks off your template or fade them down a lot of possible, because they are extremely distracting.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I really like the claw logo. Maybe incorporate more light blue into the head logo (nose, ear)

As for the jerseys, I like the idea of using brown but the execution could be better with a cream or off-white instead of a light brown. Not sure if white is totally necessary but something close.

I would have no problem seeing the grizzlies in a brown/light blue scheme.

BP.jpg

Maybe try outlining the grizzly head in light blue and seeing how that looks. Could make it pop more b/c right now the light blue eyes seem out of place and need to be brought together with light blue in another location.

Good Luck!

BP.jpg

Three pieces of advice/commentary:

There isn't enough difference between your two browns.

You may want to include white on the jerseys, because that light brown isn't nearly light enough to be a 'white' jersey.

You need to either take those crease-marks off your template or fade them down a lot of possible, because they are extremely distracting.

seconded. overall, you need more contrast to everything with the colors and color application.

I dig the brown, but I would rather see the Grizzlies keep their current scheme and replace the gold with red, and possibly make powder blue the main color. That way, they'd have a color scheme similar to the state flag (and, admittantly, the Titans), but without any flaming thumbtacks.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Things are looking a little jagged-edged and messy, not to mention the weird/unnecessary streaky effect to the logos. I appreciate the effort with all of the angles, but the action player views aren't really needed, and the action template on the left is too small to see anything. The top views of the jersey set itself are sufficient to get the idea. I gotta agree with everyone else, the light jersey needs to be white, and in my opinion the two browns paired with the light blue creates a really drab look. It needs something brighter than that shade of blue if you want to keep the two dull browns. Think of a more bright "cerulean" blue, that's the only way I can describe it. Although they don't really look like claw marks at all, the side panel design is pretty good, but I would make it have a sharp point where it gets thin, as opposed to a rounded off edge.

I'm working on an update. The streaky things on the logos, I was trying to "crest" them to make them look real, I'll work on that as well. I'm working on a few color schemes as well.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

The first thing I thought of was grocery bags. That blue needs to be far more dominant on the design.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like how Memphis currently uses the split lettering and numbers on their jerseys. I'd recommend keeping it closer to what they do, as opposed to recycling the old Blue Jays font.

Also, the home is too dark to be home. The problem is that if you lighten it, it becomes more beige, which is a neutral color. I think that with sports uniforms, the last thing you want is neutral (something about the psychological aspect of wearing soft neutral colors.) I'd go with white, make the blue much brighter / bolder, and consider adding some yellow in there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived