Lega Calcio - Serie A

dgthree

FIRST TEAM: US Città di Palermo

So I have been on here for a little while and have never done a redesign, both logo or uniform, or commented all that much, but I was bored tonight and thought I might start a series. I only have a home/away kit and if I get some decent C+C I might do a clash kit for Palermo's and then all of Serie A.

I use Scribbles for Mac so I do not know how to make it very clean, but I tried my best.

As for the home kit being white, I do not particularly like the all pink kit for the home jersey, but it was hard to go with another color kit and still keep the gold. I have a home pink kit and an away white kit. they normally do not use gold outside of the crest so I thought it would be a nice addition. Thanks for C+C in advance!

palermohk.png

Palermo.png

btw, I know Liverani isn't #32, I used it for the year Stadio Renzo Barbera was built.

SECOND TEAM: Associazione Calcio Siena

not much to explain here: I switched the white kit to away instead of home and made yellow home. I kept the home kit somewhat similar by having a stripe system (similar to NO Hornets & the new FC Barcelona styles). The white kit is just a simple design. I always liked colleges that had team names or school name over the coccyx, so I went with their two teams nicknames. Strength: Robur. & White-Black: Bianoneri. C+C please.

Ac_siena.png

sienahomekit-1.png

sienaawaykit-2.png

What? What??

Wait a minute: do you really want to put two different clothes brands on the same kit? It has really no sense! Reebok make the uniform and Diadora would pay as main sponsor!? Do you know what we're talking about here?!

Other than that, Siena is one of the few Italian team which has got a good sponsor contract with Umbro (great professionalism), whom make some beauty kits, so at least leave Siena with their current brand, please.

Also I can't see a primary kit on that Siena concept! Siena is "historically" known to have black and white vertical stripes. You just can't get rid of it! European soccer clubs are not franchises! Oh, I just seen you wrote "bianconeri" on the back of the shorts, and there's still a lot (too much) yellow on that kit!

Palermo's one is decent, it's just an old template.

I thought yellow would be a good change for Siena. They are so close to a few other clubs with the stripes and they are one of the few teams that at least a decent yellow presence, so I went with it. I wanted to keep stripes as a home thing(why i did black/white with yellow kit) and not the color. I will play around with it and change it though. I will fix kit sponsor to Diadora from Reebok, I sort of overlooked that.

The kit sponsors and kit brands are not meant to be traditional, but just thought I would throw some concepts out there. Thanks for C+C.

Ok first off for soccer uniforms do NOT ever ever ever switch home and road uniforms. To Sienna fans the black and white shirt is the home tradition. And soccer clubs do not change into the 'away' shirt as often as they do in American sports so to mess with a traditional kit color comes pretty close to sacrilege.

The Palermo outfits aren't bad. Not sure that the assymetrical route is very fashionable now though.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

People normally get bashed for not changing it up enough so I was just trying to be different in the way the kits are traditionally worn and who traditionally sponsors the kits. I do not want to do a red/black stripe kit for Milan and Bwin sponsor, because what is the point? Same for the other teams.

People normally get bashed for not changing it up enough so I was just trying to be different in the way the kits are traditionally worn and who traditionally sponsors the kits. I do not want to do a red/black stripe kit for Milan and Bwin sponsor, because what is the point? Same for the other teams.

FWIW I have from my memory fairly recently criticised people for taking the blue out of a St Louis Cardinals outfit, a Red Sox logo for adding green, amongst I am sure others.

Think of it like this. If AC Siena came to you as a designer and said 'design us a new kit' one of the things that would be in the brief is that the home shirt would need to be black and white. Similarly AC Milan would insist on a Red and black home shirt. Personally I think thats a thought process any designer posting a concept on here should use. Would the team I am designing for accept what I have produced? If not IMHO there is no point in it. You wanna go complete fantasy and do a fantasy concept to show off your idea fine, but if you are using a real team then you have to (in my view) think about the traditions and history of that team.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

FWIW I have from my memory fairly recently criticised people for taking the blue out of a St Louis Cardinals outfit, a Red Sox logo for adding green, amongst I am sure others.

Think of it like this. If AC Siena came to you as a designer and said 'design us a new kit' one of the things that would be in the brief is that the home shirt would need to be black and white. Similarly AC Milan would insist on a Red and black home shirt. Personally I think thats a thought process any designer posting a concept on here should use. Would the team I am designing for accept what I have produced? If not IMHO there is no point in it. You wanna go complete fantasy and do a fantasy concept to show off your idea fine, but if you are using a real team then you have to (in my view) think about the traditions and history of that team.

I understand, I will try to not "offend" anyone else with non-traditional kits on this next one...

I understand, I will try to not "offend" anyone else with non-traditional kits on this next one...

Noone is offended. Just there are reasons people criticize. There is no need to be offended by any criticism your concepts receive. You wouldn't want c & cs to just be 'yeah thats good' type things I hope, otherwise your work wouldn't improve.

Onto your Fiorentina concept. Not too bad. Personally I would say it might be worth trying to track down some up to date soccer templates, as these look a year or two out of date (and soccer templates tend to age quite quickly given how regularly soccer clubs change kits) I think that there is a fashion change at the moment to very unbusy kits, so things like extra piping looks a touch old now.

If you want a touch of inspiration maybe take a quick look at the 2009 soccer strips thread in the uni/logos part of the forum and see what the pros are up to. I am not saying copy them but if you want up to date looking unis, maybe take a peak at them and see what you can come up with.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Noone is offended. Just there are reasons people criticize. There is no need to be offended by any criticism your concepts receive. You wouldn't want c & cs to just be 'yeah thats good' type things I hope, otherwise your work wouldn't improve.

Onto your Fiorentina concept. Not too bad. Personally I would say it might be worth trying to track down some up to date soccer templates, as these look a year or two out of date (and soccer templates tend to age quite quickly given how regularly soccer clubs change kits) I think that there is a fashion change at the moment to very unbusy kits, so things like extra piping looks a touch old now.

If you want a touch of inspiration maybe take a quick look at the 2009 soccer strips thread in the uni/logos part of the forum and see what the pros are up to. I am not saying copy them but if you want up to date looking unis, maybe take a peak at them and see what you can come up with.

I just found those on the main page and sort of worked from there, I will continue to look for new templates. As I said in my first post this is all a first for me. I am envious of the work people can do and I always wanted to dabble with it and now I have sort of had the time to do it.

FOURTH TEAM: Reggina Calcio

I kept this fairly simple, I went with white instead of maroon pants for the home, and on the away kit I did an argyle/diamond style in the middle. It is a bit much, but I thought it sort of looked cool. More C+C please!

Reggina_calcio.png

regginahom.png

regginaaway-1.png

These are definitely improving. I think the only change to the Reggina kit I would suggest would be to change the color of the Pirelli sponsors name. This would allow you to keep the diamonds consistent, and would make the Pirelli stand out better, which they would like!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

These are definitely improving. I think the only change to the Reggina kit I would suggest would be to change the color of the Pirelli sponsors name. This would allow you to keep the diamonds consistent, and would make the Pirelli stand out better, which they would like!

thank you,

I wasn't really sure what you meant, and I had a hard time picking a color, how is this? And what would be better?

regginaawaycopy.png

What might improve that a little is to push the Pirelli down a bit so its sits in the middle of the diamonds in the middle row. The gray isn't a bad choice of color and if it sits in the middle then would be a good choice of colors.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived