Sign in to follow this  
BostonBlazer

Hershey Bears uniforms

This may sound dumb. But I was just at Game 5 of the AHL Eastern Conference Finals where the Providence Bruins played Hershey, and I feel something is...well...unusual about the Bears jerseys that they wore at the game. I know brown is meant to be part of the Bears' color scheme. But the uniforms they wore at the game looked more maroon than brown (at least to me that's how it looks). Either I'm going color blind, or they are definitely maroon jerseys.

Does anyone else see their jerseys as that color instead of brown, or am I the only one? :blink:

It is neither ...

colors.png

119103.jpg

It is neither ...

colors.png

119103.jpg

I just modified that Wikipedia entry to reflect the ACTUAL colors for the Bears.

I have done this on a few occasions; I have yet to find any of those things that are even remotely close.

I don't know about those color descriptions however; does anyone know if they are accurate (re: from a media guide), or just something that someone made up? I had them as the following:

HersheyBears_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I don't know about those color descriptions however; does anyone know if they are accurate (re: from a media guide), or just something that someone made up?

On Wikipedia? Unless a reliable source was listed, I'd have to go with "just something that someone made up".

It is neither ...

colors.png

119103.jpg

I just modified that Wikipedia entry to reflect the ACTUAL colors for the Bears.

I have done this on a few occasions; I have yet to find any of those things that are even remotely close.

I don't know about those color descriptions however; does anyone know if they are accurate (re: from a media guide), or just something that someone made up? I had them as the following:

HersheyBears_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

The color of the jersey is officially burgundy or maroon, called both if official publications:

http://www.hersheybears.com/fan_zone/coco_the_bear.php

http://www.hersheybears.com/news/detail.ph...php&id=2121

The other colors are black, gold, silver and white.

The Bears' brown/maroon color is generally referred to as "Chocolate" by fans and local media, for the record. I don't think I need to explain why, do I?

The Bears' brown/maroon color is generally referred to as "Chocolate" by fans and local media, for the record. I don't think I need to explain why, do I?

There shouldn't be a need to explain since it should be obvious.

Because everything in Hershey, PA is made of chocolate, they just assume everything is chocolate.

land_of_chocolate.jpg

Because it closely matches the maroon of a Hershey's chocolate bar wrapper?

I'm surprised that you've refrained so far, Werx.

Color names are unreliable and irrelevant. That's why Pantone numbers were invented in the first place. One man's "Maroon" is another's "Burgandy" is apparently a whole community's "Chocolate."

I'm surprised that you've refrained so far, Werx.

Color names are unreliable and irrelevant. That's why Pantone numbers were invented in the first place. One man's "Maroon" is another's "Burgandy" is apparently a whole community's "Chocolate."

Heck, the Atlanta Thrashers use that exact same (Burgundy) Pantone and call it "Georgia Bronze".