Top 5 pink race cars of all time

spyboy1

Bobby Dotter's #08 from 1991-1992, raced in the Busch series. The sponsorship on the die-cast car is "Team R" and the crashed car appears unsponsored... I seem to recall the #08 having a specific sponsor at one time that explains the pink paint job, I just can't remember what it was.

A.JPG

I have still have that Dotter car in my collection, along with about 40 other Racing Champions cars. I can't believe I didn't think of it, because it is VERY pink!

And 2 Fast 2 Furious does not count as a racing movie, sorry.

Is "Her" Alex Lloyd's full time sponsor this year? I'll be at the Mile this Saturday for the practice/qualifying day for the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225. It would be pretty cool to see the rare beast known as the pink race car in all it's native habits, going fast around a track haha.

I think that was an Indy only deal.

Perhaps ... but H.E.R. is also made by Red Bull, and they've got money to burn. They've re-branded one of their two Formula One teams to shill for Red Bull Cola, and invested $80 million in the formerly sad-sack Metrostars, who made their first MLS Cup final last season.

Is "Her" Alex Lloyd's full time sponsor this year? I'll be at the Mile this Saturday for the practice/qualifying day for the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225. It would be pretty cool to see the rare beast known as the pink race car in all it's native habits, going fast around a track haha.

I think that was an Indy only deal.

Perhaps ... but H.E.R. is also made by Red Bull, and they've got money to burn. They've re-branded one of their two Formula One teams to shill for Red Bull Cola, and invested $80 million in the formerly sad-sack Metrostars, who made their first MLS Cup final last season.

Well, I shall let y'all know on Saturday if I see H.E.R. in the wild at the Mile :)

packchampionslfroh.png

maybe not top 5 all time, but last years SGK pink event cars at the fall race in "Charlotte" ;) ...

pinkkyle.jpg

Kyle Busch

pinksadler.jpg

Elliot Sadler

pinklabonte.jpg

Bobby Labonte

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Back from the track, the pink car did not make an appearance. The guys who said it was a one time deal had some good intell. on this.

Indy had 33 cars start out of 35 who tried to qualify. A week later they have 21 cars just a few hours up the road. You'd think the prize money that Indy pays would have allowed some of the no-shows to race again a week later after you've gone to all the time and expense of buying the equipment and assembling the talent of your crew.

I'm glad baseball teams show up for more games than just the Yankees.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Back from the track, the pink car did not make an appearance. The guys who said it was a one time deal had some good intell. on this.

Indy had 33 cars start out of 35 who tried to qualify. A week later they have 21 cars just a few hours up the road. You'd think the prize money that Indy pays would have allowed some of the no-shows to race again a week later after you've gone to all the time and expense of buying the equipment and assembling the talent of your crew.

I was really disappointed to see only 20 cars start the race at Milwaukee. Indy always attracts the biggest field each year, but I wish IndyCar could field at least 25-30 cars each race. The economic situation isn't helping for sure, but a larger grid would be nice.

Perhaps ... but H.E.R. is also made by Red Bull, and they've got money to burn.

I'm pretty sure Her Energy has nothing to do with Red Bull or Red Bull GmbH. They are an independent.

I remember hearing during one of Alex Lloyd's interviews during Indy 500 qualifying days that it was a deal between Target stores and Red Bull. The only corporate credit on their site is to a her Energy company, but it doesn't mean that's still not true.

And Red Bull owns two F1 teams - Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Torro Rosso. STR was Minardi F1, the "other" Italian team in F1 for a long time; Torro Rosso, not coincidentally, means "Red Bull" in Italian.

All the good classic racers I could think of are taken, but here's another Muldowney dragster instead.

80s5.jpg

harperdc.gif

I was really disappointed to see only 20 cars start the race at Milwaukee. Indy always attracts the biggest field each year, but I wish IndyCar could field at least 25-30 cars each race. The economic situation isn't helping for sure, but a larger grid would be nice.

That usually happens, and I get disappointed as well when I get to the Mile. Twenty-five would be perfect for the oval, though as it's a pretty short, kinda flat track. The race on Sunday had the cars that were laps down crowding into the lead laps and "slowing" down traffic towards the end. That's where it gets kinda scary, where the horrible wrecks can occur, and thus I was pleased with a pretty clean race this past weekend. I wouldn't want the Mile becoming like Martinsville in NASCAR, where the track is just too short for too many cars, creating the pending 5-15 car pileup that usually occurs.

packchampionslfroh.png

of all the "matchbox" racecars i have my daughter loves to play with the #99 exide car the front is pink the back is black.

didnt burt reynolds have a pink car in "stroker ace?" i cant find a pic

I remember hearing during one of Alex Lloyd's interviews during Indy 500 qualifying days that it was a deal between Target stores and Red Bull. The only corporate credit on their site is to a her Energy company, but it doesn't mean that's still not true.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I wrote the folks at Her Energy (I run a beverage review website on the side and had recently reviewed their drink). Their Director of Marketing responded:

To answer your questions? we are an independent beverage company. Distribution varies around the country. Our major retailer is Target, which we are on shelves in 37 states.

Not that it matters much in this thread. I'm enjoying looking at the pink cars! :)

Archived