RIP Peter Zezel

jkrdevil

Sad news today.

Former NHL player Peter Zezel passed away at a Toronto hospital on Tuesday, after a long battle with a blood disorder.

Zezel, 44, spent the last 10 years being treated for haemolytic anaemia, a rare disorder in which red blood cells are destroyed faster than the body can replace them.

His family released the following statement:

"Peter will forever be remembered as a great teammate and a wonderful individual, who touched the lives of many both on and off the ice. In his typical character of generosity, Peter has donated his organs through the Trillium Gift of Life Network. We would like to thank all of Peter's friends and family for their support and we ask for privacy during this difficult time."

The Toronto native played 15 seasons in the National Hockey League with the Philadelphia Flyers, St. Louis Blues, Washington Capitals, Toronto Maple Leafs, Dallas Stars, New Jersey Devils and Vancouver Canucks.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280002

Rest in peace Peter.

Zezel was one of the players on the Flyers when I first got into hockey in '86. Whenever I hear any names of any of those players (even the sucky ones) I always smile, since they were my first real sports attachment. We'll miss you Pete.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Zezel was one of the players on the Flyers when I first got into hockey in '86. Whenever I hear any names of any of those players (even the sucky ones) I always smile, since they were my first real sports attachment. We'll miss you Pete.

Ditto. He was one of my first favorite Flyers back in the day. Extremely sad news.

philly.png

I had heard nothing but great things about this man and his sense of humor. RIP.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

One of the best hockey last names in the business. I have about 13 copies of his ProSet card, as well.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Zezel.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Man, I can't believe that he is gone. I remember him best when he was on the Blues playing in the old Norris division fights vs. the Hawks. Being a little kid I didn't like hime too much cause he played against the Hawks. He will surely be missed. Godspeed, Peter.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Indeed a sad day to lose someone like Peter Zezel.. terrible that he had to battle a losing war vs that blood disorder... Peter will be missed very much and I did like him playing for Vancouver and Toronto as well... indeed a sad day today...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived