Phoenix Coyotes Concept

Brass

Well, I was looking through old files on my PC which I no longer use and came across a concept that I hadn't completed yet, but was always meaning to. I originally got the idea while surfing WHAUniforms.com and came across the original design of the Winnipeg Jets, featured below:

Jets1.gif

I thought the coloured and italicized name bar was something original and wanted to transfer that into their modern day form of the Phoenix Coyotes. So, here is what I came up with. Note, this was made BEFORE the Edge jersey era, so just don't mind the older template.

CoyotesTeam.png

I even added the Coyotes form of the popular "Goals for Kids" campaign that the Jets had and the Coyotes had for the first few years of their existence (perhaps somebody knows if they still do?)

Anyway, C&C welcome as always, though I doubt with this one being so old that I'll go back and edit it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It's an interesting idea. I do like bringing in all the colors from the logo, but I don't know if emphasizing the black is the way to go; I'd personally stick with the brick as the primary color.

It'd be a shame to lose the unique lettering font. What would be really interesting is to find a way to make the numbers look a bit more like the names than the impact-esque numbers they have now.

And, I know it was your unique point, but nameplates like that are just silly.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's an interesting idea. I do like bringing in all the colors from the logo, but I don't know if emphasizing the black is the way to go; I'd personally stick with the brick as the primary color.

It'd be a shame to lose the unique lettering font. What would be really interesting is to find a way to make the numbers look a bit more like the names than the impact-esque numbers they have now.

And, I know it was your unique point, but nameplates like that are just silly.

IIRC, I did try the brick colour as the primary, but in my opinion, was just too similar to what they had in real life. I also wanted to contrast the colours of the logo and the colour of the jersey, like the red of the logo and the blue of the jersey on the Jets set, if that makes any sense.

As for the numbers, did you mean finding italicized numbers? Kind of what the Flames have?

what the hell is ccslc?

I like it. I always thought that the Coyotes should have tried to incorrporate some parts of the Jets old uniform and maybe even try use something from the logo. Like how the eye of the bear in Minnesota's logo is a star paying tribute to the North Stars.

The jersey design is really good but, I have two problems both are though. First, the Goals for Kids has to go and so does the different colour name plates and this is pretty much perfect.

Blackhawks.pngBulls.png

As for the numbers, did you mean finding italicized numbers? Kind of what the Flames have?

Nope. I mean something similar to their current lettering.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Nope. I mean something similar to their current lettering.

The font they use on their current uniforms is very unique, and I like it a lot. I'd lose the different colored nameplate and switch back to their current font. Make the black jersey an alternate and use the brick red for the primary home sweater.

I like it. I always thought that the Coyotes should have tried to incorrporate some parts of the Jets old uniform and maybe even try use something from the logo. Like how the eye of the bear in Minnesota's logo is a star paying tribute to the North Stars.

The jersey design is really good but, I have two problems both are though. First, the Goals for Kids has to go and so does the different colour name plates and this is pretty much perfect.

Kind of contradicting ideas, no?

what the hell is ccslc?

Off-topic, I was in a family reunion in small-town New Mexico and a city there (Tatum Coyotes) used the exact logo ver batum, colors included. Weird.

As for the concept, I see a couple big flaws, honestly. One, patches such as the "Goals 4 Kids", while inspirational, don't really belong on a hockey uniform seeing as how those organizations are usually sponsored by the team but not really part of the team itself. Also, the contrasting nameplate stick out like a sore thumb, I think.

The white uniform is much better than the black. I would go with similar striping on the home and away, but have the black jersey be red

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Outside of the nameplate, I like them. They're not too far off of what they're wearing right now, but I would say the colour scheme you chose for the striping is definitely better.

BTW, Keith Ballard doesn't play for the Coyotes anymore. :P

Wade-sig.png

Archived