New Twins Wordmark

no97

It would be silly to have scripts that don't even come close to matching the official wordmark.

It would be silly to dot the i with stars on two of the jerseys, and just a dot on the other.

It would be silly to have a script that has the team name written in the tail.

It would be silly to have an alt that is the same as the road, but with a different colored wordmark and a different tail.

So...

Does that mean it'll happen?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it doesn't mean that it won't!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/1/2009 at 10:00 PM, TwinsTerritory said:

I just saw these linked to on TwinsBallpark.com:

They seem somewhat plausible. The away ones seem very possible. The home one not as much simply because we've heard it's just the updated wordmark. As for the alternate, that could be right, but we've heard that it'll be the beige/cream that we've seen the Giants and Padres sport.

Can any of you who've seen the updates say if this is right or which one(s) might be close or off base?

The middle one is a plausible "once a week" jersey, but obviously not a primary, given the very expensive sign with the updated wordmark. But I think it's starting to look like the road jersey will be similar to these. If so, I really, really hope they don't put "Twins * *" on the tail.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Who CARES if the logo wordmark doesn't match the jersey one? Both are awesome nonetheless!

I don't see anybody complaining about the LA Clippers' logo wordmark not matching their jersey one...Come to think of it, neither do the 76ers ones or the Sacramento Kings ones.

Both wordmarks are excellent! If you ask me, though, pretty soon the Twins will phase this "new" style out all together and go straight back to the old one (with the "twins shaking hands" logo becoming the primary)

bYhYmxh.png

Who CARES if the logo wordmark doesn't match the jersey one? Both are awesome nonetheless!

I don't see anybody complaining about the LA Clippers' logo wordmark not matching their jersey one...Come to think of it, neither do the 76ers ones or the Sacramento Kings ones.

Both wordmarks are excellent! If you ask me, though, pretty soon the Twins will phase this "new" style out all together and go straight back to the old one (with the "twins shaking hands" logo becoming the primary)

The identities of those NBA teams you mentioned suffer because of a lack of matching wordmarks.

I really don't see the appeal behind the script Twins wordmark myself. Also, why are we assuming they are going back to it? Doesn't the limited information we have indicated it's just a tweak to the current wordmarks?

Leave the script in the past, JMO.

It matters because it creates an inconsistent identity. There's no good reason for their official script to appear so different in different places. Comparing it to the Clippers, Sixers, and Kings, is not good, because nobody is exactly praising their designs.

Consistency isn't 100% mandatory - but in cases where it's not consistent, it works when the jersey script is some kind of plain font - Yankees road for example - because it gives that old-time "jersey is for identification purpose only, not marketing" feel. There is no case that I can think of where there is an inconsistency between two stylized scripts and it works, IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's pretty vague, but I may go check out the "Twins Moving Sale" this Saturday.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/fan_forum/moving_sale.jsp

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

The idea of a Twins Garage Sale is so endearing.

"Oh golly! Take a look here, Earl! A real authentic red jersey!"

"How much're they askin', Marge."

"10 cents."

"...hmph. See if you can get it down to 8."

They're also selling a Christmas tree stand with one leg missing, a rare promotional copy of Jack Morris's Turkey Calls, and Francisco Liriano.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

The more I look at that logo, the less I like it. Seems like there's a lot there that isn't really necessary. You could whittle it down to MINNESOTA over the baseball/wordmark and it'd be fine. Free-floating word. No ring necessary.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I got an email saying I am invited to come see the new uniforms.

"You're invited to join the Twins at the IDS Crystal Court on Monday, November 16 at Noon to witness the unveiling of new uniforms and logos to be used throughout the Inaugural Season at Target Field.

Players Scott Baker and Denard Span will model new uniforms to be worn by Twins players on the Home Opener at Target Field and at all Saturday home games as well as a new road uniform. New team marks will also be shown for the first time. The Twins Inaugural Season collection will be available on twinsbaseball.com and Twins Pro Shops starting Monday, November 16."

With this picture:

240x155_min_uniform_unveil.gif

That picture sure tells alot. Not sure if I like the thickness of the question mark though. :P

I got an email saying I am invited to come see the new uniforms.

"You're invited to join the Twins at the IDS Crystal Court on Monday, November 16 at Noon to witness the unveiling of new uniforms and logos to be used throughout the Inaugural Season at Target Field.

Players Scott Baker and Denard Span will model new uniforms to be worn by Twins players on the Home Opener at Target Field and at all Saturday home games as well as a new road uniform. New team marks will also be shown for the first time. The Twins Inaugural Season collection will be available on twinsbaseball.com and Twins Pro Shops starting Monday, November 16."

With this picture:

240x155_min_uniform_unveil.gif

That picture sure tells alot. Not sure if I like the thickness of the question mark though. :P

So does this mean everything else stays the smae besides the updated logos? It said they will unveil an alternate and a new road uniform, but nothing about the home unis. If that is the case, I think it is a good decision.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Home: What they have now with patch and wordmark updates. HOWEVER, there is one key issue about which we are still unsure. Is there any chance they'll remove the nameplate? For some time now, they've been the only team with the cheap look of a nameplate on pinstripes.

Road: I think we all have the idea of a new (and potentially retro-based) "Minnesota" script and no pinstripes. I hope they buck the trend of only using one of their colors and leaving the other color off. Please use red and blue both. Also, no stars or lettering on the tail.

Saturday Alt. I think the once-per week alt will most likely follow the trend of being retro-inspired (e.g. Milwaukee and Toronto). However, what intrigues me most about it is that they are wearing it on opening day. First game outdoors in a retro-based alt...sorry to the dome-era uni lovers, but the red cap's gone and I think they are looking at 1961 rather than 1981. I look for pinstripes and the old wordmark in blue. I'd rather they skip the entire thing, but I'll take this over the tacky 80s.

Other Alt: I'd guess they'll have a blue alt as well. Probably just what they have now with the tweaked wordmark and sleeve patch.

POTD (Shared)

I've lost track of in what thread we're discussing what, but now that I've seen the new Twins road uniforms, I must say: YUCK. Too drab. And I'm a big fan of the road pins, so I mourn the loss.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived