New Twins Wordmark

no97

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27488.jpg

That cap is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! :rolleyes:

I know it's a little off the standard, but a home uniform design that neatly integrates that cap with traditional looking jerseys and pants would probably be a winner in my book...

The only problem I see is I like the Twins in pinstripes (home only!) and the cap with the front white panel would not look OK with pinstriped unis IMHO...

Link

CNNSI has some decent photos.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Thanks for the link.

Looks like Nationals Park, but with prettier siding. At least on two sides; the west facade looks like it's going to remain pretty darn ugly. Can't wait to take in a game if I can get to Minny next year. (In a terrible twist of irony, the Twins are coming to Washington to play the Nats in 2010, so the only Twins games I'm guaranteed to see will be in Washington. I'll try to make a point of sitting in similar sections in both ballparks if I make it to the Twin Cities next summer.)

20082614447.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They've also started and probably finished by now, installing the classic Twins "Shaking Hands" logo that's also going to light up, and animate when home runs are hit:

Courtesy of Baseball-Fever:

img8552.jpg

This is going to be one amazing and beautiful ballpark! Maybe one day I'll see it in person...

They've also started and probably finished by now, installing the updated Twins "Shaking Hands" logo that's also going to light up, and animate when home runs are hit:

Fixed that for ya.

img8552.jpg

That is a huge, but subtle, upgrade on the logo. Wonder if that's going to be the team's new primary logo? Anyway, changes include:

1. Stitches on the ball rotate 90 degrees, and also simplified rendering.

2. No "Minnesota" above the "Twins" script.

3. "Twins" script outlined in blue, rather than white-blue double drop shadow. (Man, I hope the Twins do away with the drop-shadow "Twins" script in all applications, especially warm-up jackets, where it's always looked dreadful. Outlines, people! Simplify!)

So what's the "animation" with this? Are their shaking hands going to move up and down or something after a home run? That would be very corny, in a 1950s Hamm's Beer commercial sort of way, so it would be utterly perfect.

20082614447.png

Improving the stitches and dropping the drop-shadows does a world of good, but I'd still like to see "Minnesota" somewhere in the primary. I know everyone knows where the Twins play, but the logo feels incomplete without it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Improving the stitches and dropping the drop-shadows does a world of good, but I'd still like to see "Minnesota" somewhere in the primary. I know everyone knows where the Twins play, but the logo feels incomplete without it.

I get where you're coming from, but the logo is contained within a map of the state of Minnesota. And my thinking is that I expect everyone who graduates sixth grade to be able to identify any of the 50 states from its shape. B)

20082614447.png

Archived