New Twins Wordmark

no97

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Twins" is also in the middle of the baseball, rather than farther down towards the bottom, which was obviously to accomidate "Minnesota" in the current/old version. And who knows, maybe the primary logo will contain "Minnesota" and just this version, as mentioned it's within the silouhette of the state, is without it. Either way, what is visible is a definate upgrade. And there does seem to be a bit of a "shadow" on the lettering. Albeit, it's very slight and is attached to the navy outline. Unless I'm just seeing things.

"Twins" is also in the middle of the baseball, rather than farther down towards the bottom, which was obviously to accomidate "Minnesota" in the current/old version. And who knows, maybe the primary logo will contain "Minnesota" and just this version, as mentioned it's within the silouhette of the state, is without it. Either way, what is visible is a definate upgrade. And there does seem to be a bit of a "shadow" on the lettering. Albeit, it's very slight and is attached to the navy outline. Unless I'm just seeing things.

You're not seeing things (!).

Improving the stitches and dropping the drop-shadows does a world of good, but I'd still like to see "Minnesota" somewhere in the primary. I know everyone knows where the Twins play, but the logo feels incomplete without it.

I get where you're coming from, but the logo is contained within a map of the state of Minnesota. And my thinking is that I expect everyone who graduates sixth grade to be able to identify any of the 50 states from its shape. cool.gif

Well, yes, it's inside a map of Minnesota on the sign here, but the primary logo itself doesn't feature Minnesota anywhere. I'm assuming it's just going to be the baseball+wordmark in most applications. That was my gripe.

Back in high school, several of my honors American history classmates struggled to fill in a blank map of the United States. Lower your expectations.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just gonna throw it out there that I don't think the home vest alternate is coming back next year. They haven't worn it in months.

Wrong.

Ok if that's wrong what are the Twins doing in 2010?

Keeping the home pinstripes with the updated wordmark?

Anything with the roads?

Blue alts with updated Twins wordmark?

1961 confirmed?

How about bringing back the red jersey (I have one...sweet)?

So what's the "animation" with this? Are their shaking hands going to move up and down or something after a home run? That would be very corny, in a 1950s Hamm's Beer commercial sort of way, so it would be utterly perfect.

You can see extra white background with additional lighting elements above and below the hands, so yeah that's likely what it will be. Maybe the river will "flow" and other lighting animation will result.

Improving the stitches and dropping the drop-shadows does a world of good, but I'd still like to see "Minnesota" somewhere in the primary. I know everyone knows where the Twins play, but the logo feels incomplete without it.

I get where you're coming from, but the logo is contained within a map of the state of Minnesota. And my thinking is that I expect everyone who graduates sixth grade to be able to identify any of the 50 states from its shape. B)

Last year in my 8th grade history class I was the only kid in my 25 kid class that could label them all from a map.

6fQjS3M.png

When I was in 8th grade, I allegedly went 49/50. I was said to have misidentified New Hampshire because the serpentine nature of my hastily scrawled S was deemed insufficient. My response was ruled to have been "New Hamplhire." That doesn't even make any sense. I fought authority hard and won in the end.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When I was in 8th grade, I allegedly went 49/50. I was said to have misidentified New Hampshire because the serpentine nature of my hastily scrawled S was deemed insufficient. My response was ruled to have been "New Hamplhire." That doesn't even make any sense. I fought authority hard and won in the end.

Did you go to the Princeton Review of Books

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I get where you're coming from, but the logo is contained within a map of the state of Minnesota. And my thinking is that I expect everyone who graduates sixth grade to be able to identify any of the 50 states from its shape. B)

Some of the square states may be kinda tough, but Minnesota is a no brainer. Personally, it's my favorite state shape in the union.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Florida is hung like a horse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They've also started and probably finished by now, installing the classic Twins "Shaking Hands" logo that's also going to light up, and animate when home runs are hit:

Courtesy of Baseball-Fever:

img8552.jpg

This is going to be one amazing and beautiful ballpark! Maybe one day I'll see it in person...

LOVE IT!!!

I've always enjoyed the old-school Minneapolis Millers-St. Paul Saints players shaking hands logo! Glad to see that it'll be part of the Twins' new proper home run celebration! (and likely the full part of the new primary logo)

Some are still upset that Target Field has no retractable roof...I say that to me, that's just part of the authentic baseball experience...with the grass (NOT artificial turf) below and the sun (or moon and stars-NOT vinyl) above you and the feeling of a cool breeze in your face as you cheer on the home team...yup, as much as I enjoy Miller Park, I think County Stadium was a CLASSIC ballpark and wished that Selig had modeled the new park after that!

bYhYmxh.png

Archived