New Twins Wordmark

no97

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've also started and probably finished by now, installing the classic Twins "Shaking Hands" logo that's also going to light up, and animate when home runs are hit:

Courtesy of Baseball-Fever:

img8552.jpg

This is going to be one amazing and beautiful ballpark! Maybe one day I'll see it in person...

LOVE IT!!!

I've always enjoyed the old-school Minneapolis Millers-St. Paul Saints players shaking hands logo! Glad to see that it'll be part of the Twins' new proper home run celebration! (and likely the full part of the new primary logo)

Some are still upset that Target Field has no retractable roof...I say that to me, that's just part of the authentic baseball experience...with the grass (NOT artificial turf) below and the sun (or moon and stars-NOT vinyl) above you and the feeling of a cool breeze in your face as you cheer on the home team...yup, as much as I enjoy Miller Park, I think County Stadium was a CLASSIC ballpark and wished that Selig had modeled the new park after that!

I?ve also got to agree, it is pretty awesome!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

They modeled it after County Stadium by putting it in a big giant ugly parking lot instead of downtown.

It is downtown...

That's a strange definition of downtown Milwaukee. (I believe he was talking about Miller Park.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They modeled it after County Stadium by putting it in a big giant ugly parking lot instead of downtown.

It is downtown...

That's a strange definition of downtown Milwaukee. (I believe he was talking about Miller Park.)

Yeah, he was talking about Selig making Miller Park more like County Stadium. Why? Miller Park is cool. County Stadium was a forgettable dump.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Forgive me for not knowing this but why is Selig based out of Milwaukee and Miller Park?

EDIT: Just found the answer to my question. He?s part owner of the Milwaukee Brewers. However, I would think that would sort of interfere with his duties as commissioner since he?s drawn more to one specific team.

Forgive me for not knowing this but why is Selig based out of Milwaukee and Miller Park?

EDIT: Just found the answer to my question. He?s part owner of the Milwaukee Brewers. However, I would think that would sort of interfere with his duties as commissioner since he?s drawn more to one specific team.

He's no longer the owner. I believe his daughter is now the principle owner. But when they removed "Acting" from his title, he had to cede his ownership in the team. He was when the push to get Miller Park was happening.

He's no longer the owner. I believe his daughter is now the principle owner. But when they removed "Acting" from his title, he had to cede his ownership in the team. He was when the push to get Miller Park was happening.

Seligs no longer own the Brewers. Sold the team to Mark Attanasio several years ago.

Seligs no longer own the Brewers. Sold the team to Mark Attanasio several years ago.

Was he sort of forced to give up his ownership due to his commissioner responsibilities?

Was he sort of forced to give up his ownership due to his commissioner responsibilities?

He gave up control to his daughter Wendy originally. Then the family sold the team some years after that.

Ok enough Brewers talk-I still want to know more info the Twins changes for next year!!

I haven't seen this posted. Via BallparkMagic.com:

tbslogos.jpg

Just to clarify - that's the Twins' new secondary logo...not the primary.

Would you happen to know if the Twins are keeping 'MINNESOTA' as a part of their primary? I kinda hope that they don't. It always came off as a little out of place/forced to me.

6uXNWAo.png

EDIT: Just found the answer to my question. He's part owner of the Milwaukee Brewers. However, I would think that would sort of interfere with his duties as commissioner since he's drawn more to one specific team.

Guessing this has already been answered but I haven't scrolled down yet: Bud Selig was the guy who bought the Seattle Pilots and turned them into the Milwaukee Brewers. When he became the commissioner, he turned day-to-day ops over to his daughter, which is about when the Brewers became a national laughingstock. Then he sold them to Mark Attanasio and they got good again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived