New Twins Wordmark

no97

Watching the Twins-Red Sox game, they just showed a clip of them putting up the rest of the signage for the wordmark. I just caught the very end of it, and it really didn't look much different at all. I saw the 's' which did, but the rest wasn't too different.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching the Twins-Red Sox game, they just showed a clip of them putting up the rest of the signage for the wordmark. I just caught the very end of it, and it really didn't look much different at all. I saw the 's' which did, but the rest wasn't too different.

Beat me to it. The T looked a bit sharper. Everything else looked the same, just sharper.

Beat me to it. The T looked a bit sharper. Everything else looked the same, just sharper.

I'm glad you saw the 'T'. I thought it looked a tad sharper, but wasn't quite sure.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Maybe the point was to fix the "s", which is clunky looking and at the top, is spaced too far away from the "n". The new signage shows that that space problem is addressed.

This all should mean that the team intends to stick with their basic look indefinitely.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This all should mean that the team intends to stick with their basic look indefinitely.

Good news. The Twins are a very few minor tweaks away from a solid grade-A identity. Modernize the script a bit, ditch some alternates, and they're golden. I'm hugely encouraged by what I'm hearing; any chance of a photo of the completed new stadium sign?

20082614447.png

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I'd MUCH rather see an updated version of the old script, like what they use on the alt/retros. I think cleaned-up, that script would be years ahead of the current Twins deal.

...like-a this:

al_1970_minnesota.gif

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I'd MUCH rather see an updated version of the old script, like what they use on the alt/retros. I think cleaned-up, that script would be years ahead of the current Twins deal.

...like-a this:

al_1970_minnesota.gif

The thing about the Twins logo is that it's been in use for the last 23 seasons, plus it's the uniform of the two championship teams. Lots of fond memories in those unis, and it links Puckett/Hrbek/Blyleven to Morneau/Mauer/Nathan.

If anyone knows which inning they showed the wordmark in, I would be happy to post a screen cap.

Pic here (problems posting it):

Twins wordmark

Looking at that (and especially when you look at the large size), it looks like they just "sharpened" the serifs, outside the "s," which, really, was the big problem on the old wordmark (that, and made the "T" point as well). I'd love to see a nice head-on shot, but I give it a big thumbs-up!

Moose

I really like this update. It definitely matches the serifs in the TC logo. Great way of tying them together.

This is the first update/new identity for any professional sports team in a long time that I've actually liked.

...and I just got that jersey with the current script... <_<

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

I wonder how many people will notice a difference.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I wonder how many people will notice a difference.

For a rough estimate, I'd say take the number of registered members here and add 57.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived