Caps and Nats players on Steroids?

BrySmalls

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/may/26/au...olk/news-metro/

LAKELAND - Deputies said they have plenty of evidence that Richard Thomas and his wife, Sandra, were big-time steroid dealers. At a Tuesday night news conference announcing their arrest, Polk County sheriff's officials were surrounded by thousands of doses of anabolic steroids.

What investigators aren't sure of is whether Richard Thomas, 35, is telling the truth when he said he is the biggest steroid provider in Central Florida and that he sold mostly to professional athletes, including those on the Washington Capitals hockey team and Washington Nationals baseball team.

The Thomases were arrested Tuesday after a tip from the Philadelphia office of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Sheriff Grady Judd said when the pair were arrested, detectives seized an estimated $200,000 in illegal steroids.

Richard and Sandra Thomas are each charged with 10 counts of possession of anabolic steroids with intention to sell and deliver; one count of possession of a firearm in commission of a felony; 10 counts of importation of anabolic steroids in Florida; and one count of maintaining a residence for selling drugs. Sheriff's officials said they lived at 1087 Stoney Creek Drive in Lakeland.

Authorities also confiscated a variety of weapons, which Richard Thomas told investigators were for his personal protection, Judd said. He said far from being uncooperative, Thomas openly bragged about selling steroids, though he wouldn't name names.

"I can tell you this, there will be a whole lot of people puckered up after the morning news,'' Judd said.

The sheriff said when Thomas was asked whether he had sold steroids to professional athletes, he replied, " "You name the sport, and I've sold steroids to athletes who play it."

Judd said the bust was the largest seizure of steroids in Polk County history and one of the largest in the region. He said Thomas told investigators he bought the steroids from around the world.

15 minutes of fame or is this guy credible? If this is true and a few major names come from this incident: Zimmerman/Guzman/Dukes (except for ex-Nats Logan, LoDuca, and Stanton who were in the Mitchell Report) and Ovechkin/Backstrom/Semin, then, as a fan, is it acceptable to stop rooting for the respective teams?

No, it is not acceptable because there are no clean teams.

Although the Nats' on field performance leaves me inclined to call bull**** on those charges. Or they were severely ripped off.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No, it is not acceptable because there are no clean teams or players.

Although the Nats' on field performance leaves me inclined to call bull**** on those charges. Or they were severely ripped off.

Thanks for the insight rams80, it helped me come back from the cliff, though fixed it a bit.

One of my favorite comments was on Capitals Insider:

The Nats need to get their money back from this guy!

Either that or we all owe Barry Bonds a huge apology.

Thanks for the insight rams80, it helped me come back from the cliff, though fixed it a bit.

We don't owe him :censored:, especially an apology. However, it's about damn time that we realize he wasn't the rouge agent assaulting our hallowed record books with his rampant 'roid use. He was cast in an unfair light for years while we fawned all over other people doing the exact same things for which we hated him (just go look at all the posts on here about wishing A-Rod would break "Barroid's" single-season and career HR records).

Not to mention that Hank Aaron's generation needs to be called out for using "greenies" and other substances in their day. To me, their records are no more "clean" than those belonging to Bonds, Clemens, et al.

Baseball players have been cheating since there have been baseball players. They're going to continue to cheat as long as there are baseball players.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/may/26/au...olk/news-metro/
LAKELAND - Deputies said they have plenty of evidence that Richard Thomas and his wife, Sandra, were big-time steroid dealers. At a Tuesday night news conference announcing their arrest, Polk County sheriff's officials were surrounded by thousands of doses of anabolic steroids.

What investigators aren't sure of is whether Richard Thomas, 35, is telling the truth when he said he is the biggest steroid provider in Central Florida and that he sold mostly to professional athletes, including those on the Washington Capitals hockey team and Washington Nationals baseball team.

The Thomases were arrested Tuesday after a tip from the Philadelphia office of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Sheriff Grady Judd said when the pair were arrested, detectives seized an estimated $200,000 in illegal steroids.

Richard and Sandra Thomas are each charged with 10 counts of possession of anabolic steroids with intention to sell and deliver; one count of possession of a firearm in commission of a felony; 10 counts of importation of anabolic steroids in Florida; and one count of maintaining a residence for selling drugs. Sheriff's officials said they lived at 1087 Stoney Creek Drive in Lakeland.

Authorities also confiscated a variety of weapons, which Richard Thomas told investigators were for his personal protection, Judd said. He said far from being uncooperative, Thomas openly bragged about selling steroids, though he wouldn't name names.

"I can tell you this, there will be a whole lot of people puckered up after the morning news,'' Judd said.

The sheriff said when Thomas was asked whether he had sold steroids to professional athletes, he replied, " "You name the sport, and I've sold steroids to athletes who play it."

Judd said the bust was the largest seizure of steroids in Polk County history and one of the largest in the region. He said Thomas told investigators he bought the steroids from around the world.

15 minutes of fame or is this guy credible? If this is true and a few major names come from this incident: Zimmerman/Guzman/Dukes (except for ex-Nats Logan, LoDuca, and Stanton who were in the Mitchell Report) and Ovechkin/Backstrom/Semin, then, as a fan, is it acceptable to stop rooting for the respective teams?

Point of information, but Dukes is from Tampa. Not saying this guy isn't full of BS, but just a thought.

We don't owe him :censored:, especially an apology. However, it's about damn time that we realize he wasn't the rouge agent assaulting our hallowed record books with his rampant 'roid use. He was cast in an unfair light for years while we fawned all over other people doing the exact same things for which we hated him (just go look at all the posts on here about wishing A-Rod would break "Barroid's" single-season and career HR records).

Not to mention that Hank Aaron's generation needs to be called out for using "greenies" and other substances in their day. To me, their records are no more "clean" than those belonging to Bonds, Clemens, et al.

Baseball players have been cheating since there have been baseball players. They're going to continue to cheat as long as there are baseball players.

I'm in total agreement with you. I just want to know how many great hitters aren't so great hitters because they don't even have enough at bats to qualify for a season. What do I mean? Well if you touch the ball when you are outside the batter's box, you are out. So how many great players need their stats taken away because their back foot is out of the batter's box that they rub out? I'm taking a guess that 75% of ballplayers if not more, should be called out because when they hit the ball their back foot is out of the batter's box.

I'm in total agreement with you. I just want to know how many great hitters aren't so great hitters because they don't even have enough at bats to qualify for a season. What do I mean? Well if you touch the ball when you are outside the batter's box, you are out. So how many great players need their stats taken away because their back foot is out of the batter's box that they rub out? I'm taking a guess that 75% of ballplayers if not more, should be called out because when they hit the ball their back foot is out of the batter's box.

When did Will hijack your account?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seeing this story has me thinking here... Why in the world do hockey players need to take steroids? They have all of that padding and clothing on. Just doesn't make sense to me.

On the other hand, it doesn't shock me that more baseball players are taking steroids. Too bad for the Nats that whoever is taking them must of gotten some cheap BALCO knock-off that doesn't do jack.

Seeing this story has me thinking here... Why in the world do hockey players need to take steroids? They have all of that padding and clothing on. Just doesn't make sense to me.

On the other hand, it doesn't shock me that more baseball players are taking steroids. Too bad for the Nats that whoever is taking them must of gotten some cheap BALCO knock-off that doesn't do jack.

Football players have lots of padding and clothing, too.

Any sport that requires you to be big, strong, and/or fast...will have athletes that take PEDs. Simple as that.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived