2009 World Series Logo

Nesi427

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone find it strikingly odd that the two players in the initially posted image appear to be from the Yankees/Phillies? Makes you wonder...

Edit: Now realize it's just an image from last years Series, but with the blur of the Rays road gray's, they could pass easily for the Yankees, pending my ultimate hop of a gigantic comback of the Angels anyhow...lol

Well seems like they are using a version of the logo with a globe for the hats this year

pMLB2-6795109dt.jpg

Now I wonder if the yankees's will still have new yankee stadium the patch on the back of their cap.

Good question. That has the potential to be one UGLY hat. I actually collect the WS hats the the team I'm rooting for with the exception of the Braves/Yankees years. Looks like I'm not getting on this year either!

sig2024.png

This is a beautiful thing. I like this year's logo better than last year's, although last year's was solid as well. As a Phillies fan this era is just incredible and I look forward to buying even more merchandise! :grin:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I for one have always thought that the WS logo should appear on the BACK of the hat in place of the MLB logo. Regardless of how good the logo is, they all look way too large and out of place on the side of a hat. Especially if the main color of the hat doesn't really match the logo (i.e. the Phillies)

They already have WS patches on the sleeves of the uniforms so its not like the logo even has to appear on the hat what so ever. Of course we all know that its there in order to sell more hats, but it really isn't necessary. The NFL does it the right way with a patch on the uniform and thats it. To my knowledge they don't put patches or in this case, decals on the helmet. But I could be mistaken.

Of course thats if they make it. You never know....the total collapse of 2004 wasn't that long ago. :P

That being said, I think the Yankee caps would look like a total disaster if they have both patches on there. I thought they looked terrible with the ASG and Yankee Stadium patch before...this would be even worse.

Of course thats if they make it. You never know....the total collapse of 2004 wasn't that long ago. :P

That being said, I think the Yankee caps would look like a total disaster if they have both patches on there. I thought they looked terrible with the ASG and Yankee Stadium patch before...this would be even worse.

What are you talking about, they didn't wear both patches for the ASG. It was just the All Star patch with the regular MLB silhouette logo on the back.

What are you talking about, they didn't wear both patches for the ASG. It was just the All Star patch with the regular MLB silhouette logo on the back.

89118998.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

My mistake, I'm confusing the jersey for that hat. I hated the two patches on the jersey, and would hate two patches of anykind on a hat, which could be the case with the Yankees this year...thats all I'm saying.

to whoever asked, the helmets in the super bowl usually do have a small super bowl logo sticker on the back, or in the case of the Broncos and Packers in Super Bowl XXXII on the back bumper.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived