Lake County Fielders

Burmy

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame that they shut down the official team merch website, I really would have liked to get a cap to commemorate that :censored:show in Zion.

RIP, LCF.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• 3 weeks later...

Ehrenreich's angle appears to be "Get me a stadium or I won't pay any of the back rent I owe you, just like I did in Schaumburg, except that situation was totally not like this one at all, I don't even know what happened there, and closing up shop and skipping town on your debts is just something businesses do all the time, it's what makes America great."

From earlier today

The very latest

Today's scheduled day/night doubleheader got switched to an all-afternoon affair wtih about 2 hours notice, by the way. Probably because ComEd isn't as accommodating with unpaid bills and bounced checks as certain municipalities are.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'll never forget that they tried to charge me for food at the launch party. That should have been the first red flag.

Even later than the latest is that it sounds like players were figuring out how to get home during the game today, most likely on their own dime. I'll be surprised if they play tomorrow.

This was a big embarrassment for everyone. Glad to have been tangentially involved in it years ago!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hey, they had to recoup the outlay for that cardboard cutout of Kevin Costner somehow.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No, this was the announcement of the team name. It was at Key Lime Cove back in May '09. I remember it was the same night that the Wings knocked the Hawks out of the playoffs. Pretty sure it was that anal cyst Cleary, too.

Tried to get all these people to show up to a hotel conference center just to watch someone remove a curtain from a piece of foamcore (by the way, the name was never "voted on" and had been singlehandedly decided upon months in advance) and they had the nerve to charge us $4 for a bratwurst? I was with the station, so I just took my food with no intent to pay. Blow me, Fielders. Also, WKRS was covering the big announcement and at some point in the show, someone tripped on a cord and took the remote off the air. It wasn't even me, unbelievably. Small town radio's grand.

As opposed to major-market radio, which is... oh. Oh, Christ.

Well, here's your latest, and likely final, chapter.

Tonight's Fielders game against Calgary was postponed due to, according to the team, "safety issues." But since the team's Facebook page can't delete comments quickly enough, a few attendees noted that what actually happened was that the visiting team and the umpires took a look at the baseballs for tonight's game, said "What the :censored: are these?", and the game got called. I don't know whether the balls were used leftovers, if they were something off-the-rack from Dollar Tree, or if Bernie DiMeo spent the afternoon scouring area Little League fields for leftovers, but we've reached the point where the team can no longer afford baseballs deemed suitable for play in a fly-by-night indy league. Wow.

Most ABA teams would have had the dignity to fold by now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They were used, misshapen batting practice balls. I guess that constitutes a safety issue.

This is the most amazing disaster. Are the Field of Schemes people watching?

There's supposed to be a home game tomorrow at 5:30. It'll probably get a doubleheader tacked on to make up tonight's game (assuming the fold doesn't happen tomorrow). I'm going if they play. I've gotta see this unbelievable mess firsthand before it's gone and everyone tries to pretend it never happened.

It's still happening. They lost by 9 tonight in front of an announced crowd of 315. Doubleheader tomorrow starts at 11:30 or 1:00, depending on where you read. I ended up getting a better offer on the evening - lost $15 on a poker game with friends. Money better spent.

Thumper: is that true about the Flyers being in danger of losing their lease at Alexian, or are you just postulating based on the well-known fact that they don't pay their rent?

lol, guess it was true

Archived