Lake County Fielders

Burmy

Does Fielders Stadium take credit? I've got an old Circuit City Visa that got deactivated when they went under.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually here. Wow. The parking lot isn't even gravel, it's old chopped-up asphalt. The rental seating has clearly made the rounds a few times. The tables on the platform of 4x4s that constitute the beer garden look like they got thrown out by a park district after the rusted over too much. Maybe 200 people here. Maybe.

Booze lineup is nice though. $2 cans of Leinie's and they're pouring Tanqueray!

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sodboy 13, any updates from the game today. Did they get this one in before running out of good baseballs?

This whole story is like a car wreck; you don't want to look but you can't help it!

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I hope to write at length about my visit to Zion in the very near future. There is apparently a meeting scheduled for 3pm today to discuss the future of the franchise. One can only assume it has something to do with being unable to find a reliable bus to Maui for Wednesday's road game.

Announced attendance for Sunday's game was 149.

And in case you didn't already know that Rich Ehrenreich is a horrible excuse for a human being, he would like you to look deep inside your soul and ask yourself: How can you dare to criticize a man who has scammed players, workers, vendors, and municipalities, when there are soldiers dying in Afghanistan? Yes, seriously.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110809/news/708099971/

I don't think it's a presser. I've heard it termed as a "meeting with players". There will probably be some sort of press release if the team folds, and if it goes down like it did in Schaumburg, expect liberal blaming of everyone else for it.

And I'm at work, anyway.

Ok I am a little late to this party, how did they afford to go to the opening series in Hawaii? Or does this league cover some of the travel costs. I am sure that trip from Edmonton to Hawaii is a real bargain.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

There was apparently some sort of "front me the money, I'm good for it" deal arranged. Maui now claims the Fielders owe them about $12,000. Way down on the list of creditors at this point.

One rumor being floated is that if the Fielders don't show up, then Maui and Lake County will both fold, and the league will finish out with eight teams. First pitch is scheduled for 11:35pm Central Time, so maybe we'll know by midnight.

Even if the Fielders don't go to Hawaii, I'm still not entirely convinced they'll have to forfeit or fold in this clown college of a league. Following the four road games with Maui, the remainder of the Fielders' schedule is all at home, including an 11-game series (!) with Maui over 9 days (!!) starting next week. No reason why they couldn't move this week's 4 scheduled games in Maui to Zion, turn four more of those into doubleheaders ,and make it 15 games in 9 days, just for the sake of keeping up appearances.

Thanks to my many contacts in indy ball, I've received a photo of the balls being used in Zion when the officiating crew called the game in the 2nd inning:

pink.jpg

"Whatever, dude. DEAD SOLDIERS."

--R. Ehrenreich

Even if the Fielders don't go to Hawaii, I'm still not entirely convinced they'll have to forfeit or fold in this clown college of a league. Following the four road games with Maui, the remainder of the Fielders' schedule is all at home, including an 11-game series (!) with Maui over 9 days (!!) starting next week. No reason why they couldn't move this week's 4 scheduled games in Maui to Zion, turn four more of those into doubleheaders ,and make it 15 games in 9 days, just for the sake of keeping up appearances.

WKRS has announced tonight's game in Maui has been cancelled. The Fielders' website now lists the team's next scheduled game as August 15th, at home against Maui. I may have been on to something here.

BTW, what possessed this chicken :censored: league to place a team in Maui?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maui was part of the Golden Baseball League before it merged into this North American League. Maui is a bit easier to manage when most of the teams were in California/Yuma/Reno/. The only outliers were really Edmonton and Calgary and you can hit those in one swing.

But then again, the GBL is also a league that had a team planned for Tijuana only for the Mexican military to seize the stadium. The GBL then replaced that team with a travelling team of Japanese players (the Japan Samurai Bears :rolleyes: ), and by travelling, I mean a team that plays no home games, and all road games. There was eventually a Tijuana team added.

Maui also had a 19-year old girl from Japan pitch (and win) for them last night... So there's that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It doesn't seem fair that Maui miss out on home games when they floated Lake County the money. Why would Maui want to then travel to Illinois after being shafted by LC twice?

And speaking of arriving at games late, I interned for an indoor football team one summer and the bus broke down on the way to a road game 8 hours away. We were traveling the day of the game. I and some of the players and staff were in different cars. The team showed up a few minutes after scheduled kickoff and had to rush to dress and warm-up. At least the home team was kind enough to postpone kickoff and not make us forfeit. Needless to say, we were crushed.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Maui also had a 19-year old girl from Japan pitch (and win) for them last night... So there's that.

Was she the knuckleballer that learned the pitch from Tim Wakefield a couple years back?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived